or Connect

Posts by jfc1138

Like the iPhone, since the thing is a computer the smart watch will do whatever we want it to. And that's the beauty of it. It's going to be the apps, not the "watch".
I thought that must be the case, but I have seen my local grocer drift away from their loyalty card so my guess is there's an opinion out there a straight up card account is superior somehow.
The people in charge of collecting and using customer data, none of which they have access to (as I understand it) with Apple Pay versus their system.
Not directly to MY bank account it isn't.
Getting the iPhone out of people's constant view is a good part of what I see the Apple Watch as being about. And I can see that concept taking time to ramp up.
BofA's signup was more involved than AMEX so I wouldn't be surprised. They got very wonky last Summer over gas station purchases (I almost got trapped at a Yosemite station that was after hours and I REALLY needed a fillip, thank you multiple cards, but the damn thing signaled I had to see an attendant... and then I start getting a series of emails saying I had a short while to check in or the card was being suspended for "security".. because in the middle of the Sierra...
And yet I don't recall Cook ever mentioning ceasing selling items in Indiana?
Agreed, an interface difference that great would cause a lot of headaches. I guess if it had only a limited current applicability having it appear on only one model might be defendable. But not if its integral, along the lines of Touch ID.
Since it's already thinner than my Submariner I'm interested now.
Amendments to the original law to clearly state it wasn't about shielding discrimination were reportedly offered during the drafting: and defeated.  " Gay-rights advocates said they flagged the problem with the lack of protective language early in the process and pushed minor amendments to the bill, they say, would have largely resolved the issue. It is unclear whether Pence himself knew about the amendments, but two people familiar with the lobbying effort behind the...