or Connect

Posts by jfc1138

In Satellite and Hybrid view though, not in Standard and not while entering text and not after having searched (or selected from recents): then the location is white on black and completely legible. Did you try and enter text in that field? Okay now this is sort of cool (don't know if it's new) When I input a route from Philadelphia to Yosemite national Park the thing gave me two routes to choose from: pulled back wide to a globe with what looks suspiciously like a correct...
I'd have liked SIRI to note when I stopped touching the home button via TouchID rather than having to keep it physically pressed in.
You'd think with that bandaid backing they'd be all over the Leper thing....
Good for them. I didn't overpay my tax obligations either.
"For its part, Apple's tax dealings cannot be faulted as they don't break any laws and with little impetus other than adhering to the "spirit of the law," a change in corporate policy seems unlikely...." Thus: so what? They followed the law. End of story.
That diamond saw is the old tech. Apple specifically invested in GT Advanced that's going to run their Mesa facility due to their having acquired the new beam tech for shearing off Saphire sheets.http://www.macrumors.com/2013/11/12/apples-new-manufacturing-partner-gt-advanced-uses-particle-accelerator-to-cut-sapphire-glass-production-costs/
Heck were I building that laminate it would still have a GorillaGlass core.
More or less my reaction (returning a defective unit) as the "fade" being addressed doesn't appear to be a failure that occurs within days: that's possibly something else, either hardware or specific personal hygiene: Hey if your hands are either perpetually greasy or totally soiled or cold and wet then the tech just isn't gonna fit... so why not get the hardware checked out or replaced?
""It doesn't get PC viruses"" That they (Macs) do not get "PC" viruses, which due to the popularity of Windows and the larger potential exploitable target list, is both literally true and understandable. "Hi: I'm a Mac and he's a PC" sound familiar?  Different computer code: different exploits. And due to the different numbers of viruses out in the wild targeting the different OS's Macs have the advantage (less so now but still) of not being the overwhelmingly numerous OS...
My secondary external display was unaffected after the update. And while the MBP is early 2011 the display is a positively ancient Cinema display that is probably late 90's in vintage.... Lucky me.