or Connect

Posts by jfc1138

Aggregated and anonymized and it's right in line with Cook's position on privacy.
" and get a bunch more channels." ​A bunch more channels I never watch isn't a feature, it's reason to use "favorites" to remove the clutter from my listing at best. In any areas, due to the monopolies many service areas have, cable television is a lot more that $30, and given their tiered price scale, often a lot more.
I've got some ultracentrifuge rotors that are Ti that have their outer edge stressed at 350,000 Gs at full speed. The anodizing is the same as when we got them 25 years ago and the interiors just as shiny. Coloring might be problematic as it would rely on coating tech: but I like the look of the raw metal better than shiny stainless as far as that goes. But I prefer my watches be a little to the matte side. IIRC the coating peeled off the plastic bits of that "titanium"...
How many billions is Apple spending on data centers? Why not just lease those of others? They get total control of the specs and details and run the thing themselves for themselves and beyond that this particular satellite is a jump in performance/capability over what others have up there. The next logical step in vertical integration is UP after all....
Totally "cut the cord" for all of North America? Or Europe. Phones with the form factor of an iPhone have been offered with dual satellite/cellular function: have a smartphone/iPad/Mac whose function is independent of cell tower distribution? 
That's available now within iTunes. Even "season passes" where the new ones automatically are delivered.
 I'm so going to use that one. Though not on anyone who's helping prepare dinner, I do not want to give one of those nutjobs any ideas..... Gardiasis is slimming, but a little too painfull.
Have you returned the original for a replacement? Due to accidental damage I've had two 128GB 6 Pluses (3,865 songs, 70 videos, 9.034 photos, 157 apps, about half full) and never experienced anything as you describe. Perhaps rather than some mythical "1 GB" issue you've simply got a defective unit. it happens.
"SecuTablet"   love the name, sounds like it should cure a disease?
Oh I agree. I backpack and I'm always amused (well, truth be told: annoyed) when people raise their noses at "technology" tainting their "natural" experience whether it be gps, PLB, or a smartphone for reading, maps or whatever.: then I point out they're standing there in a microporous teflon rain jacket (GoreTex) and about to set up a Cuben Fibre laminate tent and holding it erect with carbon fiber trekking poles so they can cook using their compressed gas stove using...