or Connect

Posts by jfc1138

Alcohol is not the answer, just say "No". I'd suggest some retail therapy: perhaps your nearest Apple Store?
Indeed; I recently read that the original bans on drinking while driving were aimed at drinking anything while driving, to avoid the distraction in the act and not the effects of the substance being consumed.... Makes a certain amount of sense, when motorized vehicles first came out people were skeptical. IIRC one of those old obsolete funny laws left on the books required a person with a lit lantern to walk in front of a car when it was on the road at nigjht....
Nice policy to split the proceeds, this has gotten a lot of press so it would be great if she found out and got the money.
Beluga seemed to be voicing skepticism that the stated lease price was accurate from how I read that: given Apple isn't likely to have walked into a deal that was financially unstable, even off the back of the envelope-wise... no "Apple doom" in sight.
Was it that side of Central Park that had the local's somewhat annoyed, for some reason I had remembered that being over on the west side.... When I think of people itching about neighborhood "tone" Madison isn't what comes to mind.... Maybe Columbus or there about? The "Upper West Side" one is old (2009) so maybe a tentative new one higher up? I seem to recall an article... ETA: Nope, I looked around and, yes, it's 940 Madison where the "tone" was mentioned in neighbor...
Hey at least they flipped it. So more "mirrored" than "copied"....
Shanghai!   On it's way.. finally! (and to their credit right on the front end of the window: "June"...)   Though the complete puzzle remains as to why the spare black sports band took three weeks.... ordered May 8 and still not here.
The New York Times did a pivotal series on the entire issue of driving and distraction, including emergency responders distraction as some mentioned. Well worth the read regarding the neuro-physiology alone (corroborating while so many of use, when looking for an address, turn down the radio...) http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/technology/series/driven_to_distraction/index.html
Forbes (May of 2014) has Apple retail sales at $4,551 per square foot.( and that's a decline).. head and shoulders above the next, a neighbor, Michael Kors holdings. Coach, another handbag sort, came in at a lowly $1,532. (VBH, the previous occupant, didn't make the list). ​Plus, like any general number for leases, the individual location will have a lot of variability....
What may be a catastrophe is your lack of knowledge of American history; "Madison", being  the 4th President of the United States, is an absurdly popular American street name, not quite up to "Washington" standards (4,974 named for him...), who, btw, was the first President of the United States, but in the running. So add an "NYC" and ONE building is located, the correct one, absent that, well, big list....