or Connect

Posts by jfc1138

The one problem I have with it is the perfect, rigid, circle: because I'd like a vertically scrollable touch-screen and for that to work the bracelet had better offer resistance to rolling around the wrist and that shape doesn't offer that to my mind..
The contortions when they don't even take it off their boot are impressive: very flexible!
Gift bags aren't Olympic sponsorship so unless Sam is also paying the IOC (and they may be) I don't see the IOC caring one way or another what a swag donator has to say.
I've had my doubts, but the FDA aspect brings up the potential to plug into the recent "quantified life" trend and that has distinct possibilities. Then again the boomers are getting old so there's utility in better self-health monitoring across the board.   The FDA visit itself? Possibly to work out where the regulatory boundaries are so Apple can AVOID stepping over into medical device-land.
Because each and every time she did it before that it didn't burn her?
I can see the temptation of a rear pocket: no keys or other metal objects to scratch up the phone's screen in an unused back pocket.   With a phone heavy enough to always be noticed it's still a gamble, but with the more recent lighter ones it's only a matter of time..
I agree, cities take a tragic toll of songbirds while they migrate at night from what I've read. But IIRC it's not the "open", it's the reflectivity so they can't tell it's a solid wall they're flying at: at night it looks like sky from the reflections... Maybe a sound barrier of some sort?
Walking along below any big glass sheathed skyscraper very early in the morning before the cleaning crew comes out with the shovels is a continuing horror show.
Yeah, I've a buddy that does that, kills phones routinely and in the end it's a mercy since they're so beat up it's hard to look at them (it's amazing how they keep working with screens cracked all to hell....).
"The handset was in the student's back pocket and made a "popping" noise when she sat down" "back pocket" would be what she sat down on it seems to me. It made a "popping" noise" when she damaged it by sitting on it, possibly not for the first time since she'd had the phone for a few months.