or Connect

Posts by jfc1138

"I'm not surprised it's slow because iOS 8 is buggy."   ​The OS or the apps not having kept up with the operating system changes? Most times when a device acts up it's the application software not the underlying operating system, in my experience. And with all those apps out there requiring some adjustment to the new operating system I'd expect performance issues with some of them.   Hence the slew of app updates we're all receiving.
Smart move, there comes a time when hardware, even when in good shape, is just too old and too far removed from the design intent of the latest software. OTOH the 4s is a damn fine device, still the design I liked the most. I moved on for performance but with regret for the looks...
Apple has offered variety in many of their lines so that they would eventually in their phones is rather probable. Competition or no, choice is what can grow your customer base .
The Apple patents for laminates incorporating Sapphire lent some basis for the speculation that was credible. For the 6 might have been premature but overall the newer technology (ion beam, laminates) had potential. Still has for that matter.
To their credit they've been warning about this spiral down for quite a while.
Except it doesn't when you update using a computer.
Certainly without any accurate concept of what GTAT actually is in the business of manufacturing (i.e. a LOT more than "Sapphire", to which they're actually latecomers, they bought that ion beam tech). And tossing money at a "name" absent even the simplest idea of what they actually produce is, well, unwise....
I prefer the Washington Post for newspaper format "news".
"All Sapphire"?Not actually true, not even close to true. Quite WRONG in point of fact:http://www.gtat.com/products-and-services-overview.htm You're welcome.
Isn't GT Advanced Technologies Inc. also heavily into solar panels? This might be linked to that side of the business.