or Connect

Posts by mzaslove

This has been gone over a few times (or more) on this thread, but just in case you didn't catch it: a day search is defined as being served between the hours of 7am & 10pm.
I believe, at least according to California Penal Code Section 1533, that it is upon the "serving"/instigation of the search warrant that it is considered a day or night search. So if the police began any time before 10 pm (which I gather they did), it stands as a day search, regardless of final length of the search. At least according to my sources, for what it's worth.
Yeah, that's what you get when you go to your corporate lawyer for advice on criminal law. I've seen this happen umpteen times in Hollywood: guy goes to his entertainment lawyer about a criminal charge. Oops....
Weird, I've never had a crash on my MBP in Final Draft. Ever. And I've done, lemme see, five feature scripts on it (my latest MBP that is), and 27 TV scripts (that's in the last 1 1/2 years). Weird.Does it export to Final Draft format, hopefully (.fdr)? That's the key. Can't use .txt or even .rtf (as no one wants that format).I understand a slate/tablet computer has no keyboard. I'm saying I don't need it for writing a script on.What comics do you do? Many of my...
I think it's great that you write your scripts on your iPhone. Unfortunately, being a touch typist of around 100 words a minute and needing Final Draft for my screenwriting (as it's the industry standard in Hollywood), I need something that is larger than that and has a full keyboard. If they ever brought Final Draft to the iPad I might try to use it with a full keyboard dock. I might work on my latest novel on it (with the keyboard again, until I can find out if the...
Ah, I see, there's a misunderstanding. iPod Touches are too small to read a script on, let alone a storyboard. When my prop person wants me to choose between two airplane propellers for a set decoration, the Touch will again be too small for me to get a good idea of the differences. I need something large enough (screen-wise) to view all these things on with good resolution and size. As I said, on feature shoots (or TV), we're all running around with notebook computers...
Explain please. I'm looking for a tool that I (and my people) can use on set and on location to be a digital script reader, storyboard reference, graphic reference and possibly a monitor for my DP's shooting. What does box.net have to do with that? I don't need a cloud storage identity, I need a physical tool to replace all the notebooks people are running around with on set (which are a bit unwieldy - whereas the iPad looks to be lighter, thinner and less awkward). ...
That's the beauty; if you use the usual rule for buying a computer -- do I need it NOW, or can I wait -- you don't have to get the first iteration if it's not something you need now. Me, I'm going to be using a few of these for a trial run on the next feature I shoot later in the year. I'll give one to each of my department heads (costume, set design, art direction, etc.), so that instead of running up to me with notebook computers to show me some pic to make a choice on...
Ah, got ya. Hard to tell in type sometimes. For me, it'll be a very good tool, but I tend to be both operating system and hardware agnostic, and use what best fits my purpose (even legal notepads over computers sometimes ). I won't live or die without a camera (but it would be nice as I video Skype with my son a lot). For me, I've already been experimenting with e-book readers for hard copy script replacements during shoots, and this seems much better for that and all...
Actually, I was not proselytizing like many here, I was simply stating an agreement with something someone said about their boss liking it (and how they might use it), and then went on to explain how I'll be using it. So, yeah "FOR ME" is right. Never said anyone else wanted or needed to buy it. Really, not sure what point you're making. Perhaps you didn't read the whole set of missives.