or Connect

Posts by mzaslove

It seems self-evident. The iPad can take pic files directly from the cameras or the camera cards (so everyone showing me stuff can show me on their iPads), my script supervisor would be emailing everyone the new scripts (with changes) and then handing out the color pages in the mornings. Pages would be able to let me view the script that way. There's probably some way to view storyboards like that as well. So no problem there. You did read the specs on the iPad,...
I'm with your boss. When I go out of country to shoot my next film, I'm going to give most of the heads of the departments one (and one for myself, of course). All during shooting people are always running up with laptops showing me pics of things to decide on: costume, set, location, etc. This will make that alone a ton easier. Then, I may keep my script on mine (especially if there's some easy notation), and keep colored pages easily up-to-date (and keep all my...
Yeah, there's a lot that could be done as an interface device with this. A "smart" interface device... much like a yellow pad... very smart, been used to write songs, novels, poems, great mathematical theorems, etc. Now if we can figure out a way to do that digitally (and I'm NOT the guy to do that), I'm happy.As for a stylus as someone mentioned... meh, I'm not expecting either a stylus or not a stylus. I'm not even expecting a tablet. I was simply looking at the...
Actually, that's exactly the kind of thing I'd like the tablet to eventually do. I do "big room" dailies as well, and usually insist on certain of my team being there no matter what (it's like read-throughs when I can get the producer and actors to agree - a director's choice). When I can "control" the setting, that's fine. A tie-in to whatever method of daily integration is what I'm looking at (and it was only an example; I can think of many other times in production...
I could also see it helping me in a multiple person "group" situation. Say we're looking at dailies on a large screen being driven by a MP. Everyone in the room with a slate "could" have access to controlling things on the screen (like a giant white board where everyone has different colored pens). DP might find a take too soft (though they better have caught that in shooting, but let's just say), I may realize that a piece of one take is better than I thought, so I use...
Here's how I'd use a tablet, if it had a necessary amount of what's predicted (but not all the bells and whistles people keep throwing in along with the kitchen sink). Looks like I'll be shooting another feature film this year (overseas! Much fun), and the tablet would be a great help. Usually on set, I have a script in one hand, that day's storyboard pages pinned up to a few boards, and a laptop (MBP) on my table for looking at reference footage, set design, graphics...
Yeah, jennies on real shoots, and most of the "adventurer" documentary film makers I know have gone to battery packs with solar chargers (at least the pro/hard core ones). But jennies on location... even in the boonies.
If and when there's an address for Quo, I think I'll take a ride over there and see what's what. Could be interesting.
My personal favorite: watching a guy use his flash during a lunar eclipse. He (honest to God) couldn't figure out why the flash wasn't working when he saw the pictures.