or Connect

Posts by mzaslove

The guy listens to "jazz, man" -- so he's got weird ears to begin with. But seriously: I'm a tv/movie producer and have been a music producer, and I can hear compression in most forms, most of the time (except at the end of a session when my ears are bleeding)... but I don't think 95% of the people out there can (and 110% of the critics out there). 160kbps would work for me. We get used to stuff like that, unfortunately. I mean, look at all the lousy CGI we accept in...
Well said. Sorry, but I work in Hollywood, and although I don't agree with the larger studios vs consumer sales model sometimes, having some protection for work done is what keeps me putting food on the table and clothes on my kid. That said, going into something like Photoshop and putting a very, very (we're talking a few pixels worth) of "signature" that watermarks into the corner of the frames is very acceptable (can't really see it way down in the corner in any way)...
Isn't Murdoch & DirecTV working with one other satellite company (name escapes me), each putting in a billion dollars for infastructure in order to allow internet accessing without piggybacking someone ground-based? They were looking for a third partner to throw in another billion. Hey, throw in a billion, or just use all the Apple Stores as infrastucture. With Disnar providing content and their own satellite distribution system, would be kinda cool. But boy would that...
The Donald would live in the aluminum-walled ones that had two core rooms -- the iPad Pro. Or would that be the iPad Suite?
I like the LaCies a lot. They make some firewire-powered drives up to 320 Gigs (but not cheap). I found a good enclosure for my old PB 17" drive when I upgraded and use that for backup. NewEgg has some good choices. Much better than lugging that AC adapter around.
I'm feeling safer at night now that this has been straightened out so forcefully. I mean, whoever heard of there being an error around here, or an enthusiastic post? Peace out.
I have to agree, this is fantastic for most of the world. Here's more on the stats: "The 500MHz laptop will run a "skinny version" of the open-source Linux operating system. It will have a two-mode screen, so it can be viewed in color and then by pushing a button or activating software switch to a black-and-white display, which can be viewed in bright sunlight at four times normal resolution. The laptop can be powered either with an AC adapter or via a wind-up crank,...
I would like to see some way to cover the lens if the cameras were built into the laptop (something more elegant than a nail). When I was overseas last year a lot of people had iSights and other little cameras for talking to their families back home. One of the techs at the studio was able to hack into the computers and route the video elsewhere pretty easy. I would be very worried about that happening as a general thing. Just a paranoid thought.