or Connect

Posts by JollyPaul

This is old technology. New speakers will be integrated with Apple's omni-cell technology, combining touch, haptic, display and sound into a single cloth like layer worn as an iCloak. In camouflage mode, it makes you invisible like that short fellow in Lord of the Rings.
Air gestures is interesting. Apart from that it looks like a decent incremental upgrade in the large screen phone category mixed with some software gimmickry and marketing speak. Certainly it will make the number conscious feel superior, "It has 8 cores!"
  Wow. Just wow.   US bashing is clearly in vogue with some. Do you really believe we are all slaves working for nothing 24 hours a day? Or was that just a troll?
  That's reasonable, but they will still have to close earlier. If the government fines them 65,000 euros for an employee is still on the premises at 9:01 then closing at 9:00 won't work. They will have to allow at least half an hour to shoo the employees out to avoid the fine.
  For a one post troll, this is surprisingly to the point.   It is time for Apple to do more than tweak existing products and accumulating cash, and PLEASE, stop fumbling the roll out of those tweaks. I don't expect a new product every year, every other year or even every three years, but the time is ripe for something new.
They could manufacture the phone to explode below a threshold temperature. Canadians would have to buy phone muffs to keep from blowing their hands off.
Will Samsung be forced to take out full page ads to proclaim their agreement with this ruling? Or is that only for Apple?
  This made me think of one model I read about in A History of Engineering and Science in the Bell System 1875-1925. It was one of the first to support automated switching (entering digits to a control system instead of using a human operator). The digits were entered with a single button: you pressed quickly a number of times equal to the digit, pause, another set of pushes for the next digit, pause, etc.   That's sort of humorous from a UI design standpoint in light of...
  I agree. Hopefully they will create something in the near future after three years of tweaking existing products.
  The CEO of VMWare said something similar recently about defections to Amazon's cloud computing. He said they can certainly compete against a "seller of books".   Ahem, whatever.