or Connect

Posts by JollyPaul

Reading the comments section on a CNN article about the iPad mini was humorous. It started with "only stupid people pay so much for so little", then posters tried to one up each other in an escalating battle of scorn. "This is years old technology for twice the price." "Why pay three times the price for decade old technology?"   I did not stick around for the inevitable "Why pay a billion dollars for an abacus? Apple is doomed!"
  Quadraphonic man! Where did I put that quadraphonic Pink Floyd 8-track?
  It could recognize the lyrics to In-a-godda-da-vida and start a psychedelic light show!
  My Ouija board says go all in... anyone want to go halfsies on a share? :-P
  Apple is a business, this is a business decision. If it is in Apple's interest to do more business with Samsung in the future, they will. Just like Apple still deals with Microsoft, Adobe and Intel despite past competition and legal wrangling. I don't see a competent manager wasting time thinking up ways to screw with a major company with cutting edge technology that may be a future vendor.
  If Apple wanted him, a missed email would mean nothing. He doesn't sound that upset either. Both parties shrugged and moved on, so I doubt he was engaged in anything useful.
Let me guess, the keyboard has more "effective" travel in the keys than a real laptop keyboard. The whole package is "effectively" thinner than the iPad and is "effectively" lighter than the iPad. In other words, it it heavier, thicker and has a crap keyboard. In stores soon! Get in line!
Apple should have used the same side and back as the white phone on the black phone. It would still look good and would not show scratches like the dark anodized aluminum. Personally I think that would look better than the all black model.
    Neun und neunzig luftballons?
  I read The Korean Times regularly, and this is typical. If the story is about Japan, Japan is always completely wrong and always very sinister. If the story can be seen as between something Korean and anything else, very dramatic language is used to paint an Earth shattering conflict. I find that entertaining, but I take it with a grain of salt.