or Connect

Posts by thesilent

Whatever the specs say, lets hope these beasts perform in real world tests. It would be a great thing to see the Mac platform finally regain some of its elegant glory from the early years. I, as most of us, have been waiting for a shift in computer market that could signal a weakening in the Microsoft strangle hold. I was hoping the US federal case against M$ would do it for us, but alas, Bush killed any hope of that. I also thought linux could blindside M$, its been...
Interesting idea about the optical drives/power button assembly's orientation being alterable. I don't know how well the box itself works for rackmounting, isn't a 3rd party mounting kit required? Also, though this may be a test box, and therefore the aesthetics are not the final rendering, I'm curious if the shiny aluminum plate looks better when the rest of the box isn't washed out by poor photography? Any PS cats out there able to do a quick layer on the external...
format is fine under omniweb...what browser are you using?
Sparc...nice thought...that could work too. So is Apple playing 20 questions (7 questions) with us or what...this is definately a hint
Wearable is an interesting prospect...but I'm not sure if the public...and gadget consuming public, would know what to do with it. I know I'd did it...already have plans for em... Typos..typos [ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: thesilent ]

My vote for where the PC could go: 1. iPocket A REAL PC in the pocket... Not a watered down OS A REAL OS-X-in-the-pocket demon 2. G5 to 2.4Ghz 3. A Dell Inspiron shoved up Bill Gates butt...or wait..did that already happen?
Regarding the Apple PDA...Something I would like to see, but have little hope for. It would not be that much of a stretch to make a small newton-sized device that went beyond any normal PDA. Here's how it would be built (cheaply): Power sipping embedded G3 cpu on a biscuit PC sized board with 50-66mhz bus with CPU running at 300-500mhz (measuring say 5"x8" inches or less...or maybe even an embedded PC104 sized board 3.5"x3.5") Sodered 256 Megs of Ram integrated...
I posted a possible spec for a tablet device, but it was based on the notion that the tablet is autonomous. Look, if you want a device to handle X and all of the multimedia candy from the internet, why bother with all of the wireless video craziness? Why would Apple bother themselves with designing a detachable LCD screen when they can easily jam a simplified iBook mobo and iPod hard drive into its own enclosure? Sure, give it airport to access your desktop computer's...
This is my run of the Keynote. After the usual comments about iPod sales, iBook sales, and the feature bump on the powerbooks, His Steveness discusses the history of the iMac and its need for an evolution: iMac II 1ghz G4 Apollo 133 mhz bus 256 MB Ram Geforce 2 (integrated) 15.1 LCD Improved sound system (5.1 & built in Sub?) DVD, Combo, Superdrive Then His Steveness Discusses some new software to be bundled with the iMac II OS X 10.2 Appleworks 7 (rebranded?) iMovie...
Yes, I agree that 256 is better, but seems to me they would try to cripple the machine in some instrumental way so as to force upgrades in short cycles or force people to ALSO own a desktop unit. So yes 256 could be soldered in place of 128 at a very small cost, but I think they would cripple the system in some way, and the most typical is in the memory. Also, I think $600 is too cheap for Apple, they would price something like this at $700. The Touchscreen could be...