or Connect

Posts by ajay

any possibility that the iPod Touch would get a SIM slot for 3G/4G data like the iPad? (apologies if this topic has already been beaten to death on another discussion thread!)
this thread was started in 2007,it received 1 reply in 2009,& there's 3 replies (including mine) in 2011.i've a feeling that we'll see 5 replies in 2013where did all the even numbers go?
Hey can you give me a link to that external BR device? (I'm assuming that you rip BR movies to a Mac)
Thanks for the info!
I got my 15" MBP last week & my config is 2.2GHz / 8GB / 750GB / hi-res glossy. For me it was an upgrade to my 2007 C2D Black Macbook, so it's a no-brainer that that there's a significant performance jump in my experience. I do a fair amount of RAW photo processing with Nikon Capture NX2 / Aperture 3 / Photoshop CS5 & I absolutely enjoy my upgraded Mac. There's also the occasional use of Handbrake to backup my DVDs - the MB took about 75 min to convert a DVD to .mkv,...
Thanks kinda what I figured from the rest of his posts too!I agree that the Elgato seems kind of a compromise when compared to a full fledged cable-box + DVR setup, but at this point, I am looking for one! I guess the best way to do it is to just buy one of the Elgatos & give it a spin for a week or so - amazon has a decent return policy for malfunctioning / buggy products so I'm covered! I don't have a cable box so the Elgato would be doing the tuning - so, as per your...
thanks for the immediate response. I'm happy with channels on basic cable & not worried about the encrypted content. I did not mean to imply that I wanted to decrypt or view them illegally - apologies if my post could be interpreted that way. My concern had more to do the reliability of Elgato hardware in light of these negative comments - i.e., what everyone's personal experience has been.
BACKGROUND: I have basic cable that came cheap with internet on some Comcast promotion. I don't have a cable-box or DTV converter or DVR. All the shows that I ever watch are on channels available on basic cable (Fox / CBS / ABC / NBC / CW / MYNetwork) & if I need to watch anything else, Netflix or Hulu usually work for me. I've ordered the 15" MBP (2.2 GHz quad i7/ 750GB / 8GB / HiRes) 2 days ago & plan to use that with a TV tuner. I have a 2TB Lacie Quadra HDD which I...
well, that was just waiting to happen, wasn't it? just when you're convinced that the current MBP is already pretty sleek for the power it packs, someone puts it next to MBA & makes the MBP look chubbier / old-fashioned! I do agree that making the MBP thinner at the edges doesn't really help much, except maybe for improving the aesthetics. slimming down the entire package, now that appears quite possible. even then, the thinness of MBPs would be limited by the available...
that would be a sweet evolution of sorts for the MacBook. & now I'm more interested in how this could/would translate into future MacBook Pros. For one, the new flash based storage design could benefit future MBPs - faster? sure... & leaner? maybe or maybe not since it would call for major design changes. IMHO, it also wouldn't be wishful thinking to expect more bang for the buck w.r.t. future MBPs. today we have an MBA with (comparatively) basal configuration for just...