or Connect

Posts by liquidsky617

Ben Thompson has an interesting take on Facebook buying Oculus   quote: while Oculus’ technology is by all accounts incredible, I, quite strongly, don’t believe it is what is next for general purpose computing.   [snip]   What is so powerful about this analogy – that the computer is a bicycle for the mind – is that it elevates the humanity of a desired action, in this case transportation, and inserts the computer as an aid. This is exactly what the iPhone and the...
 I was thinking that as well. The fight for the face begins. Facebook is supposedly bleeding young users who no longer think the service is cool. This could be Zuckerberg's attempt at trying to make Facebook cool to young people. Just seems a bad bet as I don't see VR ever really being mainstream. Glass is already causing controversy and its not a bulky black thing strapped to your face. So in a couple years am I going to see people with this visor strapped to their face...
 No smartphone. Not even an iPhone.Never created a Facebook account. Fuk that.Yet have years in the tech field, love technology, and owned APPL since 2000 when it was $28 or so.It's all about a life balance, being present and privacy.
I could envision Apple taking their experience with producing a plastic iPhone and scaling it to the iPad.   Theoretically, lighter form factor. warmer feel (versus cold metal). colours if needed.   Compete with Amazon's Kindle.   Why must the iPad be metal?   Thoughts?
Thanks Tim! Bought at $30 back in 2001 or so. Resisted pressure to sell at $200 and later when Steve's health was declining...
iOS is built from Mac OSX. IOS and the Mac OS are slowly merging (Lion, Mountain Lion) so OSX could in theory work with touch screens in the future or now. I wouldn't say "never". Many customers have been asking for an iPad with a file system versus the closed and controlled iOS. I just keep hearing this over and over. The mobile mouse-free market wasn't even a reality in 2004. First iOS device was in 2007. I still think a touch screen laptop with a removable keyboard and...
Why hasn't Apple released basically a Mac AIR without a keyboard but with a touch screen? Basically a iPad with the Mac OS and file system and not iOS? Would seem easy to do as they've flattened the AIR so just remove the keyboard, add a touch screen with chips behind it. Done. Or make it a clamshell swivel. Yes, it would be heavier than an iPad but it would give a touch screen for professionals and/or content creators. Anyone?