or Connect

Posts by bdkennedy1

This picture is all you need to know.
You can't take the crime out of Crimea.
I used to be excited about this.
No big deal. Even when I bought the digital version it was boring. By the time the new issue would come out you would have read it on the internet. MacWorld next...
I don't see how they would be able to do this without touching Apple's patents.
Steve Jobs was alive when they started using custom ARM chips in Apple products and there is no doubt in my mind that it was designed from the beginning to run OS X. We don't know what Apple's ARM processors are fully capable of because they have not been pushed to their limits.
Innovation has nothing to do with it. Intel delayed their chips almost a year which cost Apple millions of dollars in lost sales.
This is clearly not the fault of the consumer. Apple is WRONG and they need to make it right.
Apple wrote XCode to handle the switch from PPC to Intel.  Now we have Swift. Apple didn't spend 3 years writing a new programming language for the hell of it.
 Price? Intel charges hundreds of dollars for their processors. Imagine how much cheaper ARM Macs would be? We already saw the result of Apple depending on Intel for processors - they couldn't launch new iMacs last year, screwing up their whole release schedule which I'm sure Apple lost millions of $$. Additionally, we don't know that Apple is even going to use the same ARM chips in Macs as they do iOS devices. They might be designing a whole new desktop chip.