or Connect

Posts by user23

Wow. So much disappoint.   the front page of AI looks so..generic and spam-like..and, could you fit any more elements onto the pages in general?   I am beyond disappoint.   What's with the design ethos of this Apple-related site? Shouldn't less-is-more be the highlights of any print-design..either digital or physical?       This community isn't the only place to find intelligent discourse around Apple products; but, it's formerly old-school and...
Uhm, new look is only new look for sake of being new look. The circa 2010-2011/12'ish appleinsider was optimal. This "new" look seems rather pointless and a change for the sake of change.   There are certainly minor improvements which others have pointed out, yet the overall look is…much like dying one's hair…which seems different, but really just ads noise to the signal.   edit: wtf is the epic amount of wasted space going on…on the right side of my browser?...
I wouldn't try to intellectually examine pre-verbal impulses. Follow what you desire, enact your innate desires with a modicum of logic…and no matter, be prepared to accept change.    Everything we do in life is just to play The Game. Have fun, and don't worry about.   me: married once, about to get married again. No regrets. Enjoying it all, so-called failure and success alike.
  Exactly!   The King is Dead.   Long live the King.
You might want to consider reading this book:   http://www.stevenlevy.com/index.php/books/hackers   there were _plenty_ of people who didn't want to work for Atari back then. Plenty. It was people of Steve Jobs' ilk who went on to become pioneers and legends. The sort who was inclined to stay with a company like Atari..well, who the hell remembers any of them aside from themselves?
Steve Jobs is flipping off that IBM logo because, per Steven Levy in his book "Hackers", IBM was the archetypal anti-hacker corporation...you know, closed vs. open, suit-wearing vs. grungy, dogmatic vs. liberal, etc. Apple and its ethos, back in the Homebrew Computer Club days was intrinsically opposed to IBM and its ilk. tl;dr - Jobs & Woz (and a few others) were handed the anti-IBM torch which was lit during the 50s at MIT. Hence, fuck...
my comment is really an aside to this thread - but, I think most of us understand that current forays into 3D are mere adolescent, precipitative fumblings which create market buzz for true 3D (holographic, for lack of more futuristic terminology) displays which will one day arrive upon our desks or living room walls in one form or another. Despite that, current 3D is as boring as the difference between Betamax and VHS.
Interesting thing, this battery issue.I had an iPhone 4S - serial #C39 series. Had amazing battery life...until it was "accidentally" updated to iOS 5.0.1 from 5.0. Ugh. It dropped percentages per hour - standby or during usage, no matter. Apple store at Metrotown Mall in Burnaby, BC replaced it within minutes of my conversation with a genius. Got a replacement iPhone 4S the next day. It came installed with 5.0 - however, serial #C38 series. F**k. Battery drain crap...
I wonder how you define newcomer?...As I reread "Hackers: heroes of the computer revolution" I can't help but think of Apple and its origins. Very, very few people got it then (in the Homebrew Computer Club Days), very few get it now. As some from the early hackers from MITs day..but much more so from the later Stanford's labs times...grokked "it" - so does the common person grok "it" - the "it" which Apple offers....the simple experience of working with...
"You can't solve a problem on the same level you created it." speculative science and abstruse research are completely necessary for all innovation. People often fear this aspect of creation, as is evidenced by the persecution of visionaries, thinkers and artists throughout Western history's records.