or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Once I realized that the 38mm Apple display easily fits inside a 42mm round watch, the technological hurtles are virtually eliminated. Developers who only want to develop for a rectangular display may do so, with the rectangular display for an app appearing letterboxed in the center rectangular portion of the circle. Those who want to offer two shapes for their apps can take advantage of the extra space around the "text box". Very similar to the iPhone 3.5" to 4" display...
 That may well be, but they really don't have a good implementation on a round display. If they have to create lists, they should be constrained to middle portion of the watch. And text should not spill off the display for any reason whatsoever. When Apple does the round watch for fashion reasons, they will blow this implementation out of the water. It's hard to believe anyone would point to this round watch Android software as the reason Apple will never do one. Thats'...
Yes I recall that too. I actually wrote "Apple is essentially a build to order company", based on the revelation a few years ago that due to Tim Cook's shrewd manipulation of the supply chain that Apple turned over their entire inventory every 5 days -- and that was 3 years ago, so who knows what it is today. While not literally BTO, they seem to be essentially analyzing customer demand to predict what configuration they should build during the next 5 day window (assuming...
Isn't it funny that Cartier, one of the most respected luxury watch makers in the business has a Fall Winter 2014-2105 collection with new watch designs?http://www.cartier.com/2015-winter-collection/-17462I'll stick to my understanding of the fashion industry thank you.
Well, it's kind of hard to create a red-colored product for a charity that didn't come into existence until 4 years after the iMac G3 was discontinued.So thank you for confirming that since (product) RED began in 2006, no red-colored products have been released by Apple that didn't donate proceeds to that charity, until now.Most people would have inferred that from my statement.
I'd have to go with the solid gold Edition. The Man With the Golden Gun really made an impression on me as a kid.
Apple has never sold a red-colored product that wasn't part of (RED). Now we have a red Sport band that implies the wearer donated money to (RED). Likewise for the Edition Red Modern Buckle given to Drake and Katy Perry. Again, considering Apple has never sold a red product that didn't contribute money to (RED) the implication is that's what it represents, which is especially egregious since that watch represents the most expensive product Apple has ever sold, but despite...
Right, this made me realize that the closest thing Apple has done to this in the past is the iMac. It started out in Bondi blue, but every update resulted in multi-colors, elite options, and wild patterns. It truly was like a clothing designer updating a staple shirt every season. And I know some fashionable businesses whose trade is based on how their clients perceive them, and would update their iMacs accordingly with every new model Apple released. It also had the...
Unfortunately, the only way to do that is with the band. Otherwise the watch itself is identical to everyone else's unless you're one of the few who can spend 50x more than everybody else to get a gold one. Apple has stepped off into the world of fashion, and as such, I would totally expect that the virtual rainbow of sport band colors will find their way into the marketplace, with new colors being released every season. It won't be any different than the...
Are you kidding? This is just the beginning. Apple has taken a giant step into a completely different sandbox from where they started. And unless Apple completely redefines the fashion industry, this kind of thing will continue as they compete for prestige and acceptance by the fashion elite. Fashion is defined by seasons and Apple will likely take steps to keep up with it, ensuring not only that their watch is technologically up to date, but on the cutting edge of fashion...