or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Apple really should not have released 10.10. They should have used this opportunity to create a new brand for their Mac OS, not necessarily 11, but a complete departure from the old way of doing things.
What's a reasonable release date based on historical release of the Golden Master?
I would love a 3.5" display-sized phone, but I think that boat has long since sailed and sunk.The 4" is a reasonable compromise, and when Apple finally decides to redesign their iconic bezel, eliminating the massive amount of space at the top and bottom of the display to accommodate the oversized home button (the home button could go on the back of the phone for instance, or a virtual home button activated by a physical button on the side), then the 4" screen will fit in...
YES! Apple said right at the announcement the Apple Watch will work with the 5S & 5C to allow them to process Apple Pay. this is Apples marketing strategy. Release new giant phones only, forcing users to buy a watch if they don't want to upgrade to the bigger phone, or want the convenience of leaving their phablet in their pockets and bags.
Remember Apple has watches to sell now which work with the 5S & 5C. Depending on what that watch really does, I might consider it since it will work with Apple Pay on my 5S too.The 5C/S and the 6 Plus are the best arguments for buying an Apple Watch I can imagine. And remember merchants won't have NFC implemented readers in 100% of the market until the end of 2015, well after the 6S comes out. There's sure to be bugs to work out, so in the meantime why saturate the market...
No need. It's silly to think the 6 mini will have the same specs as the 6, but that is the trade-off for getting the iPhone 6 in a smaller form factor, just like there's no way to put the 6 Plus specs in the same sized case as the iPhone 6. Choice comes with a price...But the idea that Apple might discontinue the 4-inch screen when there seems to be a demand, so soon after the iPhone 6 series has been introduced is just as foolish. There's no way to know how many 6 Plus...
And that's my point. Now that Apple has finally given their customers a choice to carry a phablet, a larger iPhone, and traditionally sized ones, I welcome the options. Let people have what they want. In which case, why not enable cellular phone service on the iPads, and let users decide if they want to enable a phone number on it? With family plans the way they are, I can see a plan that let's you have an iPhone and iPad in which you can transfer calls from one to the...
I'm thrilled Apple is offering the choice. I'm glad they are making a 5.5" phone, and a 4.7" and I mourn the loss of the 3.5". But I can live with the 4" compromise. The hypocrisy I see here is that an LTE equipped iPad mini is now no more a ridiculous phone option that the 6 Plus. SO why not enable the software to allow it function as a phone. iPad users have been clamoring for that since it came out, especially mini users.  So why not? Perhaps Cook is worried about...
Once all merchants update to NFC compatible POSTs by the end of 2015 as mandated by VISA/MC/AMEX, I have a feeling Apple will not want to sell any phones that do not support the latest security features and NFC. I also don't think they will want to retire their investment in the 5C which has only been around 2 years and not 3 like their previous models, especially since they never sold it as a premium model to recover their R&D costs. So they transplant the 5s into the 5c...
I fully expect  Apple to release a 6 mini next year when they bump the 5s down to the plastic case (which I think is also likely after spending so much money to develop the 5c) Also in full agreement. However, the author is wrong the 5C & 5S BOTH SUPPORT APPLE PAY -- with the Apple Watch. I suspect this is a marketing move by Apple to encourage 5 series users to buy an Apple Watch, as the huge size of the 6 series will compel users to buy an Apple Watch so they can leave...