or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

It's the same silver finish puck that comes with the stainless steel watch.
I wonder if this is why Apple is rumored to be making iOS 9 compatible with the 4S. If true, that would keep that phone around and useable for at least one more year, meaning we might not see a new 4" phone until the 7 is released. And that makes a certain amount of sense too. Especially if Apple does upgrade the 5s with Touch ID, which seems unlikely, then they're setting the stage for 3 sizes of the iPhone 7 priced by screen size, with the two year ago model hitting the...
There are driverless bigrigs ready to be deployed on the nations highways now. It's such an immediate threat that the Teamsters are already battling it.Driverless cars will happen in the not so distant future.
"Experts" have estimated that the Edition contains no more than about $2,000 worth of gold on the high side. So that's not the reason, any more than it is for a gold Rolex over a stainless one, though Rolex probably incorporates a lot more gold than Apple. http://leancrew.com/all-this/2015/03/apple-gold/The reason it costs more is because of the substantial additional engineering put into the gold model, patented custom alloys and hand finishing, while being manufactured...
I agree with you, by the time their fitbits need upgrading, and perhaps even before, those using them will be interested in paying what will then only be a little bit more to get a much nicer Watch, as prices will continue to drop on the entry level models just like they do on the iPhone and iPad.I don't agree with you about the refresh. Because Apple is pandering to the fashion world, they will be sort of forced to continue to update the designs if they want to continue...
My observation about the Apple watch has nothing to do with whether it's a successful product. How can it not be successful given the number of iPhones on the planet? Even a small percentage translates into millions of units sold -- at least as many as everybody else combined last year. Whether it will have the same growth rate as other products remains to be seen, not to mention whether they will be able to instill the same kind of upgrade desire year after year.No, my...
Yup. No argument there. However the data in this article seemingly supports my anecdotal evidence. I suspect next year when the 1g Watch likely drops to $249, after the 2g model comes out, the Fitbit Surge will be a harder justification. But I expect the charge and flex will still be quite popular (and even less expensive) for those who merely are looking to track their fitness. I don't really see them competing against the Watch.
Fitbit's not going anywhere anytime soon. There's a massive fitness push in my company right now, and everyone is on a Fitbit craze. For $100, people have all they need to track fitness. Everyone I know has a Fitbit at work, and I've yet to see one Watch, or overhear anybody talking about them -- and almost all of them use an iPhone. Today in fact, everyone was getting excited about how they can receive notifications on their Fitbits while discussing the latest "fitness...
You mean like the 3GS? Granted that was 5 generations ago, but we've not yet seen an iPhone that wasn't identified as just a number and a letter(s), either. So they would be changing their whole marketing scheme to something far more complicated than they have been using, which they could very well do.
I'm with you. I have every local broadcast on my DirecTV service in LA, including stations I didn't even know existed. I believe this is true for every local TV station based on a customers registered zip code. I'd love to know more about what these streaming limitations are. I could stream all of my local stations through my Time Warner account as well, so maybe it has to do with the licenses that ABC and others have already granted to the cable and satellite operators....