or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

And this is still what comes to my mind when I see it. 
This watch gets more unattractive to me the more I see it. It looks like the original watch icon from the 1984 Mac OS.   
I agree. I especially like the idea of a mobile payment system that will work on my 5s (hopefully), since I'm not planning on upgrading until Apple introduces a new 4" phone.
And why couldn't these be entered into the iPhone during the setup process like any website account I visit requiring me to enter answers to my security questions? While this is not Apple's fault, per se, it seems like a very un-Apple-like process. Is it Apple that didn't make these kinds of steps available to banks in the setup process, or is it the banks not able to implement Apple's available software options?
So far we know that the Watch requires the iPhone. I really hope we find that Apple expands that to any iOS device in order to allow as many people as possible to adopt the watch from day one. There are many people out there whose only Apple product is an iPad or iPod Touch. The watch itself has broad appeal, battery life notwithstanding, but at the moment, doesn't appear to be a standalone product, nor compatible with any other device outside of the iPhone. Some have...
Where do you get that the 5s is obsolete? Apple is currently selling it and will likely continue to sell and support it for at least one more year, and judging from past patterns, it will get a fully supported final OS update, extending its life for an additional 3rd year. The Watch supports the 5s, and that is likely to remain true for the extent of its supported life. So what exactly is obsolete about it? It uses essentially the same radios as the 6 series (for all...
Interesting then that Ive, THE DESIGNER, would even address it then. If nobody cares, least of all Ive, then why call attention to it? Why call it a compromise? A compromise is generally understood to be a solution that nobody likes. Odd then, that Ive would make such a disclosure publicly, especially if it was NOT his compromise. I would expect if Ive intended it, he would have chosen different words, and talked about how he organically worked the larger camera into the...
Please do link to your references for this. Especially how these apps are going to get into the Watch. I have a video of Tim Cook saying otherwise.Your post also presumes that people who would buy a watch for these three things alone, currently have no other way to do them, and would want to spend $400 to get them all in one wrist-worn device, even though they have no other investment in the Apple ecosystem, which would make getting those apps into the watch even more...
For you. And for me. I feel like this is one more attempt by Apple to generate hype and get people thinking about how they can use a wrist-worn device in their life to maximize its early adoption potential. But there are a sizeable group of people for whom this functionality will have great appeal.Personally, the fact the watch is tied to the phone, makes this functionality even less useful. As we understand it now the phone is required to authenticate the Watch for...
Glad to see Ive admitting the protruding camera was a mistake. That must have been quite a power struggle debating that decision during development. Good thing they had to leave some features out so they have something to add to the 6s. ;-) Looks like my purchase of a 5s this year was a good investment. Might have to wait until the 4" 7 to upgrade again now, but there's nothing the 5s lacks for my needs. Well ... %uF8FFPay. Might just be the reason I have to buy an...