or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

I'll try on my third gen at work where we have a separate subnet for wifi than we do for Ethernet. That's where I really need direct streaming. Currently a client has to plug into the Ethernet network and log into it to see the Apple TV, which automatically cuts out all iOS devices which foolishly have no Ethernet options. If ATV allows direct streaming from a Mac or an iOS devices, then I can truly cut the cords at work, and clients don't have to transfer their media...
I am a little surprised that iOS 8 doesn't work on the 4. But it's to be expected based on their pattern of dropping support for previous models of iPhones. I just thought this might be an exception because I don't recall the differences being that great between the 4 & 4S and Apple continued to sell the 4 in certain markets.The 3GS is a silly comment, since the 3GS doesn't even support iOS 7. I'd love to see the Apple product where they drop support and then return...
So no direct streaming over airplay as anticipated? You still have to log onto the same network?
When Microsoft inevitably copies the "phablet" phone next year , they will remedy this by adding a kickstand thanks to your comment.
How is Apple going to secure the watches? Will there be a jewelry store counter now forcing customers to look with their eyes, not with their hands, without assistance? I can't imagine any other way to show such a personal device a customer must strap onto their wrist. But who knows, Apple may come up with a revolutionary way to demo jewelry. And let's face it, once Apple goes down this path, can digital rings, broaches and necklaces be far behind? Anybody think Apple...
[quote name="blackbook" url="/t/182331/apples-next-product-splash-slated-for-second-half-of-october#post_2600291" No AppleTV, no iPods, and no MacBooks.[/quote] Maybe no Apple TV hardware -- I think brokering a payment deal with the major banks is more than enough for one year. But there should be a software update along with Yosimite ... Isn't Airplay supposed to bypass the need to connect to a network and go direct into the box? I'm looking forward to that ...
Don't call it a Galaxy Note imitation, call it a galaxy note killer.
I think Apple will push for the wireless solution. When I coined "iPay" I didn't mean the process, but rather the hardware -- whatever hardware Apple is using in the Apple Store to make purchases on the floor, I can see Apple marketing a professional solution, even if it's just an iPad mini with a special case. Square's days are numbered.And I believe they already announced Apple Pay would be compatible with Internet payments, specifically through the Target website.In two...
How will Apple Pay work at bars and restaurants? I assume they will bring the antenna to the customer? Wireless pay solutions will be a significant investment for such businesses I'd think. But I'm sure Apple will offer a solution, iPay anyone?
Yes, THIS. I can barely see my iPhone in bright sunlight to unlock it. The Sport watch will undoubtably be used outside extensively.And while I'm at it, why skimp on the glass for the sport model? They are surely going to sell the majority of those, and that's exactly the model that's going to have the bezel impacted the most.