or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Exactly. While this is a frivolous lawsuit, it has no true bearing on the customer. OSes will grow over time that's a given. Where I see this as a problem is when a device is sold that instantly limits a customer. The average user doesn't know from GB, or what that translates into vis a vis file sizes. All they know is their brand new 16GB iphone runs out of space just taking pictures and listening to music (oh and saving texts, which is a massive source of hidden...
I call mine "ignore", or sometimes if I forget to ignore, "self control."The biblical nature of this thread reminds me of a related event in my youth:I was attending a Summer educational program which sought to expose teenagers to philosophy and psychology courses not normally offered during the regular curriculum. The philosophy class explored a pretty basic question -- 'what if there were no God'. Not that there was no God, but, what if? Well there was a girl in the...
This has also been my experience. Nevertheless there are studies of sapphire glass vs. gorilla glass which show sapphire is more brittle. But I'm convinced they don't use glass because it's tougher in the applied use, they use it because it's cheaper. You're probably not going to find a sport watch under $200 with a saphire crystal. On the other hand you're not going to find a $350 watch without one, sport or otherwise. A quick look on Amazon and virtually every watch at...
Says the guy who insists he understands IPX7 after reading an entry about it on Wikipedia, and the rest of us are wrong.It's clear you cannot be reasoned with, and cite your pinion as fact, regardless of what other evidence is presented, nor whomever else agrees with me, or otherwise opposes your position.So now you're just being abusive. Best to agree to disagree, and move on.
And where you've gone is is just as valid a reason for a runner to have GPS as anything else. What of the runner who goes to an unfamiliar city on business, and hits the streets for a run from his hotel. Surely being able to know where you are is useful, so you can get back. Or the runner who wants to plan his routes and see where he's been and where he's going. Again, it's personal preference.But I agree too much is being made of this. There are going to be a lot of...
And carry the one ... that sounds convenient. Again, you like to work math problems while you run. Not everyone does. There's that word "presume" again. Yeah those active people love to smash their watches against things that would shatter sapphire, but not glass. Better to obscure your tiny display with scratches. Perhaps more likely is that sapphire glass is more expensive than gorilla glass. Perhaps the company that bankrupted themselves last year, after failing to meet...
Do you mean in general? I don't see Apple working any harder than it normally does for any newly released product. They are marketing in fashion arena which is a new area and subsequently is getting more attention. But either way, if you're including the demonstration appointments in that statement, well Apple is doing nothing more than any watch dealer would currently do. The difference is, Apple has never had a product that needed to be sold this way, nor has any watch...
Seriously this isn't worth getting upset about. The disconnect is I don't think the "6C" will be 4.7" or plastic, and you do. If someone wants a larger screen they will pay the premium for it. I think it will be: 6S Plus 5.5"6S 4.7"6C 4" aluminum5CS 4" plastic Your prediction is no more valid than mine.
Again, you are speaking from your perspective, seemingly with no experience. ross.alex.k  just told you "GPS gives you distance and pace. Two very important features for runners like myself. Especially mid-run when I want to be able to look down at my wrist and see if I'm behind pace." Just because this is of no value to you, doesn't mean it has no validity for someone else.  If glass is more durable overall, then why would Apple want to put a sapphire glass on an iPhone?...
I think you mean 5C and 3G/S. The 4S was a glass sandwich. That was then, this is now. Apple will likely have three years of a plastic phone if the 5S is transplanted into a plastic case. So only Apple knows how well a plastic phone sells. But are people really going to pay $100 for what by appearance is the same as they can get for free, even if it has slightly better tech? Either way, Apple doesn't really do plastic anymore. If they have the capacity to cheaply do a...