or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Isn't there some correlation to a massive mobile phone profit surge last year, and people locked into two-year contracts this year? While I recognize and suspect the 6+ saw a lot of Android defectors to Apple, it seems to me there's a cyclical consumer aspect here that might account for some of this. Then again, where were the people who's two year contracts were up this year? Probably switching to the iPhone.
The new Citizen EcoDrive Wave has GPS and charges from exposure to light. Lasts for years before the battery has to be replaced. Granted a solar solution couldn't begin to replace the power the backlight, processor and radios use for any length of time, but for those who merely use it as a timepiece. It might extend things a bit. The GPS on the Eco Drive is manually engaged due to the power draw from automatic updates, so there probably is a mode where the watch can be...
Well, yes a watch does need to do that all day. But presumably people won't just be buying an Apple watch because it's an attractive timepiece. So what happens if they use those other features (that Apple will surely be featured in the marketing about what the Watch can do)  and the watch dies after 3- hours of use? Then you have an Apple advertisement around your wrist for the rest of the day and not much else.  Then there's the bottom line -- what person buys a watch...
You're all making arguments that relegate this 'revolutionary" device in the category of a watch, or satellite for people concerned about the improprieties of leaving their smartphone on the table. So a watch you have to charge every night is simply unacceptable. And will people really be willing to charge their watches overnight, every night just have discreet remote notifications of things their phones already discreetly tell them? I work for a major corporation, and...
I'm not saying that at all.What I'm saying is that in my experience, and I'm not a power user by any means, I have never gotten Apples advertised battery life on any Apple device I have ever owned. So why would I expect that to change with the Watch now?
I've had a MacBook, iPhone and iPad from day one. Upgrade them about every other generation. I have NEVER gotten anywhere near close to the advertised battery life on any of them. If Apple says 19 hours, that's under OPTIMAL conditions based on their previous history of battery life predictions. The reality is people tend to use their devices far more rigorously in the field. What's more, Apple will more than likely push all the nifty power-consuming features in marketing...
It's going to different for everybody. I'm not going to charge my iPad, my iPhone and my Watch every night, no matter how pleasurable the experience. Even if it's fun at first, it won't last long. Even now, I forget to put my phone and iPad on the charger at night. Some people wear their watches to bed -- that's going to be a major relearning of habit. Someone said maybe it won't require a daily charge, and the watch will last a day and a Half ... So great, it craps out...
I've got no issues with "light". But thin is relative. Apple can innovate all they want. There are all kinds of reasons to develop than as you say. My 5S is about as thin as I want a phone to get. And it's already hard to handle the way I had become accustomed to using the iPhone. The balance is all wrong in one hand. The 6 is a mess to hold as far as I'm concerned. And the 6 Plus is a train-wreck for me -- and I have big hands. And for that matter, the 5S is about as...
Everything you say could be absolutely correct. However, Apple DOES focus a large part of their marketing on the thinness of their devices. An absurd amount of attention IMO. As long as APPLE makes thinness a major feature of their marketing, and NOT battery life, then the public will never see your concerns, at least as far as marketing and advertising is concerned. All they will know is that "THIN is IN", and Samsung just knocked Apple's crowning achievement out of the...
Wow! It's almost a full millimeter thinner than Apple's flagship. Apple must be fuming that anyone could out-thin them. What a stupid metric Apple has gleaned onto ... I have no idea who thinks this is important, but Apple has made it their gold standard, and just got bested. I do wonder whether this phone is going to have he same bending issues the Plus did however, and whether Samsung will face the same kind of heat for it ...