or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

And carry the one ... that sounds convenient. Again, you like to work math problems while you run. Not everyone does. There's that word "presume" again. Yeah those active people love to smash their watches against things that would shatter sapphire, but not glass. Better to obscure your tiny display with scratches. Perhaps more likely is that sapphire glass is more expensive than gorilla glass. Perhaps the company that bankrupted themselves last year, after failing to meet...
Do you mean in general? I don't see Apple working any harder than it normally does for any newly released product. They are marketing in fashion arena which is a new area and subsequently is getting more attention. But either way, if you're including the demonstration appointments in that statement, well Apple is doing nothing more than any watch dealer would currently do. The difference is, Apple has never had a product that needed to be sold this way, nor has any watch...
Seriously this isn't worth getting upset about. The disconnect is I don't think the "6C" will be 4.7" or plastic, and you do. If someone wants a larger screen they will pay the premium for it. I think it will be: 6S Plus 5.5"6S 4.7"6C 4" aluminum5CS 4" plastic Your prediction is no more valid than mine.
Again, you are speaking from your perspective, seemingly with no experience. ross.alex.k  just told you "GPS gives you distance and pace. Two very important features for runners like myself. Especially mid-run when I want to be able to look down at my wrist and see if I'm behind pace." Just because this is of no value to you, doesn't mean it has no validity for someone else.  If glass is more durable overall, then why would Apple want to put a sapphire glass on an iPhone?...
I think you mean 5C and 3G/S. The 4S was a glass sandwich. That was then, this is now. Apple will likely have three years of a plastic phone if the 5S is transplanted into a plastic case. So only Apple knows how well a plastic phone sells. But are people really going to pay $100 for what by appearance is the same as they can get for free, even if it has slightly better tech? Either way, Apple doesn't really do plastic anymore. If they have the capacity to cheaply do a...
I agree. 18 hours is a decent time for someone who really uses the watch for all it's marketed to do. If you use all the features of a smart-device, then you have to expect to charge it everyday.
Agreed. The appointment line will just back up, and create opportunities to sell other products, or provide amazing media coverage for the huge demand for the watch. I'm sure Apple has already prepared for this though, not everyone will need 15 minutes. And I'm sure there will be extra staff hired to cover if need be. But your wording reminds me of a question I had ... how easy will it be to grab the watch off your wrist with some of the magnetic bands like the Milanese &...
Exactly, which is why I find it surprising that there won't be geniuses in the department store stores, which suggests store employees. Though, as long as they are trained by Apple, which I'm sure is the case, there's no need for a genius which might invite questions about other Apple products which is of course not what these counters are about. And again, it limits the number of people in the initial rollout, which makes it easier for them to manage all the unknowns as...
Exactly ipx7 is rated for the one very specific test. To say Otherwise is to not understand the rating. However, Tim Cook said he wears his watch in the shower all the time, so that won't be something Apple can refuse warranty service on, despite not explicitly permitting it on their extremely limited disclaimer.I expect the watch is far more robust than Apple suggests it is by their disclaimer, and we will know them I'll extent on April 24th after tear-downs start to...
The flip side to opening this up to third party bands is that Apple will have to tightly police their licenses. Even though it's not Apple's fault if a third party band fails and your watch falls in the toilet, or flies off your wrist on the freeway, then who is the customer going to blame? The metal tab in the center hole might be DRM, and it wouldn't surprise me to slow down the unlicensed manufactures so they can better oversee then halite control, at least at first.But...