or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Exactly. And in the process they free up the metal milling factory that produces the 5S so that it can start making the 6S, while the factory that's been producing the 6 and 6 plus continue to churn out those models.  However, I don't see them adding NFC and Pay to it this round. I suspect that the plastic "c" model might be around for one more year with modified 5S internals to boost the chip specs like the iPod Touch, and add NFC and Pay. Essentially a stripped down 6...
And to a wider market than ever. Apple is steadily expanding their market every year. China and Asia in particular. The 6 series phones expanded their market to Android users who refused to switch to a smaller screen but really wanted an iPhone. Trying to suggest that the iPhone 6 is the most successful phone ever sold because it is larger than any iPhone before it, is specious at best. It also doesn't take into consideration how many 5S and 5C iPhones Apple is selling,...
We have already seen a rumored modified iPhone 5C case which I don't believe has been debunked. http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/03/30/alleged-iphone-6c-rear-shell-suggests-apple-will-repackage-iphone-5s-parts Moreover, you're suggesting that rather than modify a common plastic mold to accommodate a different design, it's less expensive to build a brand new factory to manufacture 5 metal iPhones, instead of dropping the 5S into a plastic case? So in addition to the...
 I agree this is the most logical thing to expect, as much as I want a new 4" phone. The only caveat I would add is the mid-tier 6 might only be sold in only one or two colors. That would further distinguish it from the new 6S which may come in as many as 4 colors if rumors pan out.
Not really. Apple has now established a new benchmark for the "free" phone. It's a plastic case, and it's selling well. Continuing to sell the premium iPhone 5S as is for "free" sort of raises the bar that Apple has successfully lowered with the 5C. Also, it frees up a manufacturing facility currently milling metal 5S cases to continue making the 6, or whatever arrives as the mid-tier phone, without building more factories. I believe that Apple clearly engineered the 5S to...
I agree. I don't know whether Apple "needs" to make it or not, but there seems to be a large number of people who would appreciate it. Surely at least as many people will buy a 4" iPhone as will buy an iPod Touch, yet Apple maintains that small and shrinking market segment. I too have been lamenting my 4S size ever since I bought my 5S, which I bought just last year (it's just a little too long for me, but I would surely miss the display size). Nevertheless, I have no...
I would disagree with this, now that we know that custom watch faces are coming with Watch OS 2.0. People are going to have all manner of hideous watch faces as soon as that comes out. It's far worse than allowing carefully currated third party watch faces through the watch App Store.Apple announced three custom watch faces back in Septemebr, which did not materialize when the watch shipped. And now we know know some of them are coming back. This is not exclusively about...
I definitely agree with this. while anyone can just order the watch for delivery anywhere in the U.S., it really should be seen and tried on first to guarantee a satisfied customer, with respect to sizing, fit and style. In that sense Best Buy will likely become Apple's showroom, since they are unlikely to have full stock of every option. And just like at the Apple Store they will most likely have appointments to try it on -- definitely needed at BestBuy. But that's not...
I agree. A person who only sees the watch as a "computer" would do this. Watches have traditionally been seen as jewelry, for men in particular since they wear very little else, and a statement of wealth and power. Putting a cheap band on a nice watch almost always blatantly makes the statement that the wearer is cheap, or tasteless. Apple has made it quite clear that the Watch is a fashion statement as well, and the wide variety of quality well designed bands demonstrate...
I don't agree with that at all. Perhaps none of these early ones are, but I've seen plenty of third party accessories that rival Apples own.