or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Interesting then that Ive, THE DESIGNER, would even address it then. If nobody cares, least of all Ive, then why call attention to it? Why call it a compromise? A compromise is generally understood to be a solution that nobody likes. Odd then, that Ive would make such a disclosure publicly, especially if it was NOT his compromise. I would expect if Ive intended it, he would have chosen different words, and talked about how he organically worked the larger camera into the...
Please do link to your references for this. Especially how these apps are going to get into the Watch. I have a video of Tim Cook saying otherwise.Your post also presumes that people who would buy a watch for these three things alone, currently have no other way to do them, and would want to spend $400 to get them all in one wrist-worn device, even though they have no other investment in the Apple ecosystem, which would make getting those apps into the watch even more...
For you. And for me. I feel like this is one more attempt by Apple to generate hype and get people thinking about how they can use a wrist-worn device in their life to maximize its early adoption potential. But there are a sizeable group of people for whom this functionality will have great appeal.Personally, the fact the watch is tied to the phone, makes this functionality even less useful. As we understand it now the phone is required to authenticate the Watch for...
Glad to see Ive admitting the protruding camera was a mistake. That must have been quite a power struggle debating that decision during development. Good thing they had to leave some features out so they have something to add to the 6s. ;-) Looks like my purchase of a 5s this year was a good investment. Might have to wait until the 4" 7 to upgrade again now, but there's nothing the 5s lacks for my needs. Well ... %uF8FFPay. Might just be the reason I have to buy an...
Nope. There's a lot of speculation about the Watch, but Apple is clear on this point -- it REQUIRES an iPhone. Folks who are interested in the watch only are looking at a minimum $1,000 investment with the addition of an iPhone.
And there's more than that ... my Mercedes fob has a chip in it that tells the ignition the key is authorized to start the engine, otherwise the computer kills the engine. How will the Watch emulate that custom chip? It seems clear to me that Tim Cook is talking about the future ... keyless entry systems that have BlueTooth interface, the kind that tech pundits and security experts are wide open to be hacked allowing someone to remotely take over a car. The NSA, CIA and...
And what makes you think that the car manufacturers are going to give up this lucrative aftermarket option and give it it away to Apple for free? And how would that work? Each manufacturer gives their proprietary security codes and programming to Apple to offer for download from iTunes, by putting in your VIN? As it stands the dealers won't sell you a new key fob without you going into the dealer and proving you own the vehicle. How will that be handled by Apple?  Or will...
LOL. This is WHY people will BUY an Car, making Apple the only car company in the world to make 40%+ profit margins on their cars. "Hey, Honey, since we already have an Watch, why don't we go ahead and buy an Car"?/s
Yes. Apple is also positioning the Watch as something you can just run out and use without the need to take your iPhone with you. So what happens if you grab your driver's license, pop out to the car with just your Watch to drive to the market and pick up some milk on a Sunday morning, only to realize you forgot to chard the watch the night before. There you are, unable to pay for the milk, or unlock your car. No backups in sight. 
LOL, yeah I can see all the car companies agreeing on something like this. That's why they're all happily implementing CarPlay. /s But you hit the nail on the head. The cost to replace and reprogram my 1998 Mercedes key fob is around $500. Why would Mercedes just give that profit center away to Apple for free?