or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

I'm stymied by this too. Target will currently only accept Pay online. And since that's where PayPay is most commonly used, I have to assume all of that is included in these figures. I downloaded the PayPal app since I don't have an iPhone 6, and wanted a mobile payment method ... But I can't figure out how to use it, and there seems to be a lack of merchants who accept it. So if they are counting brick and mortar POST payments, I can only imagine this is a small...
I'm glad you  brought that up ... chip & pin is not being used in every country around the world. I would bet half the reason magnetic stipe readers still exist in Europe along side chip&pin is in no small part because of the US, and other countries. If a US tourist visits Europe, they won't be able to use their credit cards if there were no magnetic swipe. Even if the change in the US happens quickly, unless the entire world switches within a year of the US, there is...
Well I would love to have a contactless payment system on my iPhone, but I have an iPhone 5S which means it won't support Pay. However, I did check out Google Wallet, and it's a front-loading system into which I have to maintain a balance, like PayPal. Absolutely useless. If I could just sign up my credit card, I'd happily use it. But I'm not going to maintain a balance to enable an electronic payment system. NOT with Google. I just don't even understand why Google Wallet...
I doubt that. First, all the latest POSTs I've seen have Both contactless and magnetic card readers, and that legacy provision is likely going to remain in all new POST purchases made prior to the 2015 mandate. Banks aren't going to switch all of the customers to chip and pin immediately after the mandate deadline. It's going to take time, and there will still be holdouts who haven't upgraded their systems. My guess is that people will still be swiping cards in some...
I agree ... You have no idea how many times I leave my wallet in my car with phone in hand, and hold up the check stand while I run out and get it ... I tell them everytime Pay would have prevented that.
You both make good points. However, I think what this suggests is that Apple could easily market a premium iPod Touch and probably an iPhone with 256GB, and make it worth their while. Maybe a BTO option, where Apple takes orders over a two week period and then does a limited run with 256GB.That's all these people want, the ability to carry a lot of music. The Touch is attractive because it doesn't cost as much as an iPhone, and like the Classic, if a person takes it on a...
I have had a persistent intermittent problem with wifi and websites connecting. The iPad works fine when the 2011 MacBook Pro doesn't.
So, if Apple had not come out with the Watch, you would not buy any other fitness tracker on the market which offer similar features as Watch that you desire? Sounds like the biased reasoning of an Apple fanboi to me -- doesn't wear a watch, only willing to wear a watch if Apple makes one.
Your needs sound like a good solution for Apple iPhone sports enthusiasts. Well as long as you don't take the Watch off while you're away from your iPhone, which might be how the Watch is authorized to use Pay (in which case you don't want to leave your iPhone too far behind). For anyone who doesn't already have an iPhone, I doubt it's going to motivate them to buy one. Except for Pay, you could buy almost any smart watch out there to do what you want. And that's where...
Make up your mind. Do people need a larger screen to interact with the iPhone? If so, then how will a MUCH SMALLER screen replace that? How will you browse the internet through a 1" screen? How will you watch a movie? Read a book? Your solution seems to imply people will carry around an iPad for these other uses. So people are going to carry around an even larger device that simply moves the cellular radio from the larger device to the smaller one? And how does that make...