or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Again I don't disagree. The only question I would ask is whether the customer has enough education to make these decisions. Yeah, more is more. But it's relative to how someone will use it. People who bought PowerBooks in the 90s knew more about them than those who buy iPhones today. Only a small percentage had a laptop in the 90s, everyone has a cellphone today. Besides, it's one thing to buy a "free" 5C with 16GB, but it's quite another to run into essentially the same...
And I thought you were backing Mark Gurman's latest rumor:$450 -- 5S$549 -- 6$649 -- 6 Plus$649 -- 6S$749 -- 6S PlusSo, for the same price as the new 6S, you can get a 6 Plus. For an extra $100 you can have a 6 Plus with 64GB, compared to the new 6S Plus with only 16GB for the same price.
I don't disagree with you on a certain level. I had always tried to get by with 16GB, but even now on my 5S getting my apps and related storage alone down to 16GB is a difficult task, and I don't even consider myself a big ap user, or a photo bug. So I stepped up and bought a 64GB phone, perhaps overkill, but now I simply never have to worry about storage again. And this is probably going to be the case for any long time iPhone user, they realized 16GB was not enough on...
It's less of an issue for the 6 in my mind, since people are conditioned to pay $199 anyway. But think about what this rumor means: $450 -- 5S$549 -- 6$649 -- 6 Plus$649 -- 6S$749 -- 6S Plus So, for the same price as the new 6S, you can get a 6 Plus. For an extra $100 you can have a 6 Plus with 64GB, compared to the new 6S Plus with only 16GB for the same price. Are the new mid-model features really going to be so fantastic that most people wouldn't opt for last year's...
Well first it's a rumor, and second: that's a tall order for an "S" product. So far we can expect it to be slightly faster, perhaps a better camera (which is not saying much given Apple's emphasis on how great the 6/6Plus cameras are), less bendable, ForceTouch (not sure how big a draw that will be), rose gold color, selfie flash, and possibly OLED. I'm not sure most will feel like that justifies a premium over what is already a pretty amazing phone. So if true, then Cook...
Moreover, iTV is a major international television production and distribution company, likely with Trademark protection in every country in which they operate, including the USA. Unlike the whole essentially defunct Apple Records Trademark issue, this is not likely to be resolved as easily in the unlikely event Apple wanted to make an issue out of it, which I doubt they ever would. 
It depends on the customer. If you're in the market for a bicycle, why would you even look at a LC, and vice-versa? The Watch absolutely competes with the FitBit in many respects. A long as we're going with the car analogy, I liken it more to comparing the base model of any car with the luxury edition. Both get you from point a to b. The Fitbit tracks fitness, the Watch tracks fitness. Both tell time. But the Watch is the luxury edition here adding all sorts of other...
There's another rumor out there that this is hinting at Apple's new "motion" wallpapers, like the Watch has.That in turn is fueling rumors that the 6S will have OLED screen since Jony Ive said the motion effect wouldn't be possible without it. Not to mention calling the iPhone display (old fashioned).
Right, the point being, you still can't leave your wallet at home and count on Pay. So saying Coin is pointless is not really any different, especially in light of this article that it will add contactless convenience. So now the products are equitable. Both add convenience, and especially for those who don't have an iPhone. I do take your point however, that you're carrying your iPhone already, and this is adding a card. But it does give you the ability to leave your...
I don't agree. There are plenty of iPhone users who do not have access to Pay still using 4s, 4S, 5, 5C, and 5S (assuming they don't have an Watch which is still a very small percentage of iPhone users). And there are still many who do have an iPhone 6 who are not using Pay for whatever reason. And then there's the fact that there are a lot of people who don't use iPhones. So there's at least 5 or 6 generations of iPhone users alone who are not using Pay, and 100s of...