or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Make up your mind. Do people need a larger screen to interact with the iPhone? If so, then how will a MUCH SMALLER screen replace that? How will you browse the internet through a 1" screen? How will you watch a movie? Read a book? Your solution seems to imply people will carry around an iPad for these other uses. So people are going to carry around an even larger device that simply moves the cellular radio from the larger device to the smaller one? And how does that make...
In what way? I don't disagree they aren't complimentary in some respects, but it's NOTHING like the Watch and the iPhone. The iPad can do almost anything the Mac can do, albeit on a scaled level, and it can do some things a Mac can't do at all. A person truly could buy one or the other, and never need the other to do most things people use computers for these days. Both are stand alone products that do not need the other to accomplish similar tasks.The Watch relies on...
For now. I know that my iPhone 5s will allow me to manage Pay for use with my Watch, however, Apple has not enabled that functionality within the Passport app on my 5s yet. Now what hardware does a 5s have that allows me to manage Pay, that a current MacBook doesn't? Or an iPad for that matter? If iCloud allows me to delete a credit card, I don't really see why I couldn't also add a credit card as well, other than Apple hasn't enabled that particular functionality.
Good point. Maybe it will work. Interestingly, I just saw an ad for a Seiko Astron which sets itself automatically using GPS. And it's solar powered. Frankly if you can manage Pay from iCloud, I really don't understand why they limit the ability to set up an Watch with a 5 series iPhone.
So presumably after the Watch is released, iPhone 5, 5c, & 5s users will be able to also manage their credit cards here as well. That's a very convenient feature to have. I wonder if this will also allow the Watch to be authorized by a Mac, when someone has left their iPhone at home? That would be a handy feature to have. I wonder if an Watch can be an "trusted" device for retrieving the verification codes as well? Hmmm. Will find my iPhone work with the Watch? That...
Forgot the sarcasm indicator. The point being, if Pay was a "hobby", I could care less how it worked -- I wouldn't trust my financial data with it. Imagine, "oh sorry folks, we're sorry your data got hacked through a bug in Pay, but you should have known the '' means it's just a hobby and should not be taken seriously". Of course Pay is secure. The "" does not imply hobby. The Watch is NOT a hobby -- that represents a substantial investment on Apple's part, and will...
This is something that IS waaay overdue, and not an unreasonable expectation. Every parent I meet laments the lack of multi-user capabilities for their children who are too young to have their own tablets (or phones) and play with their personal ones, inevitably screwing stuff up. Even Netflix has multi-user, now. I don't particularly care for my visiting friends and relatives browsing my personal photos, and social media apps, influencing my web browsing preferences, and...
PowerBook was also seemingly way too big to be replaced. Yet they still did it. APPLE is the brand. They can call their products anything they want and people will still rush out to buy it. My main point here is that I think the "i" monicker has gotten quite long in the tooth. I mean the iMac is 16 years old. The Internet is common place in everyone's day-to-day life -- everything is connected to the Internet, including refrigerators. The "i" is tied to an outdated, old...
Oh, I'm so glad Apple is expecting me to entrust my personal information and credit security to Pay, a mere HOBBY. Thanks for clearing that up. I won't be using Pay now. LOL so much for that theory.
I sense the end of the "i" at hand ... I expect perhaps that with OS X we'll get Phone 7 in three sizes: mini, just Phone, and plus. Likewise for the Pads. MacBooks will drop Air and become MacBook mini, just MacBook, and MacBook Pro (because they can't have a Mac Plus again), same with desktops, Mac Mini, just Mac, and Mac Pro. Again these are a different set of products. A larger iPhone and iPad do not connote "pro" status, whereas a fully equipped MacBook and Mac...