or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

I agree. 18 hours is a decent time for someone who really uses the watch for all it's marketed to do. If you use all the features of a smart-device, then you have to expect to charge it everyday.
Agreed. The appointment line will just back up, and create opportunities to sell other products, or provide amazing media coverage for the huge demand for the watch. I'm sure Apple has already prepared for this though, not everyone will need 15 minutes. And I'm sure there will be extra staff hired to cover if need be. But your wording reminds me of a question I had ... how easy will it be to grab the watch off your wrist with some of the magnetic bands like the Milanese &...
Exactly, which is why I find it surprising that there won't be geniuses in the department store stores, which suggests store employees. Though, as long as they are trained by Apple, which I'm sure is the case, there's no need for a genius which might invite questions about other Apple products which is of course not what these counters are about. And again, it limits the number of people in the initial rollout, which makes it easier for them to manage all the unknowns as...
Exactly ipx7 is rated for the one very specific test. To say Otherwise is to not understand the rating. However, Tim Cook said he wears his watch in the shower all the time, so that won't be something Apple can refuse warranty service on, despite not explicitly permitting it on their extremely limited disclaimer.I expect the watch is far more robust than Apple suggests it is by their disclaimer, and we will know them I'll extent on April 24th after tear-downs start to...
The flip side to opening this up to third party bands is that Apple will have to tightly police their licenses. Even though it's not Apple's fault if a third party band fails and your watch falls in the toilet, or flies off your wrist on the freeway, then who is the customer going to blame? The metal tab in the center hole might be DRM, and it wouldn't surprise me to slow down the unlicensed manufactures so they can better oversee then halite control, at least at first.But...
You're imposing your values on others. Runners like to travel as light as possible. That's why at the launch keynote someone mentioned you go out for a run without your iPhone and buy a sports drink with Pay using your watch only. The steel watch and Edition watch have sapphire crystals like every fine watch I've ever had. My iPhone is screens have scratches all over them. My 16 year old Citizen doesn't have mark on its crystal, and it's had a hard life. It's a "sport"...
What an offenseive quote. So what if it is? 
I'm in complete agreement. There are some notable demographic groups Apple has excluded from this initial launch. 1) People who don't own iPhones, but otherwise own an Apple product that could just as easily setup a watch.2) People who need better water-resistance.3) People who are looking primarily for a fitness watch to operate independently of the iPhone, with comparable features of competing models (not everyone wants to carry their phone with them when they go out for...
Again, all speculation. But is this the first lab Apple had to study health, or only the new one they built 3 years ago? Again, they were clearly testing the iPhone with Nike+, and the iPod before that. The Nike+ App appeared in the App store in 2010, which is two years before the lab was built. Are you suggesting Apple wasn't doing anything with health before the Watch began development, ceding it all to Nike and others until 3 years ago?
Which brings up a very good point ... will ATT, Verizon, and the other major mobile carriers sell the Watch? It seems like a no brainer -- "now that you have your new iPhone, perhaps you'd like one of these lovely Watches to make your life more convenient". I mean that's the upsell, right? (Aside from the fact that the watch may itself upset the iPhone).