or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

It's a subtle distinction at best. However, Apple could have done worse in marketing their $17,000 watch as donating a portion of the proceeds to RED in the process. 
It is the only way they have been producing red colored products since Project RED was launched. To change it now is confusing to say the least, especially when it's with the most (artificially) expensive product they've ever sold. I personally think it sends the wrong message.
If it is a product RED offering, It sends kind of conflicting message with the Edition Red Modern Buckle (and coordinating digital crown button). Seems like the color red would be uniform across all products, as it otherwise is. It kind of makes that Edition watch seem hypocritical -- it's the most expensive thing Apple has ever sold, yet it uses the signature RED charity color, but gives none of the proceeds to it. But all these non-standard bands being given away...
 They keep leaving out Katy Perry's watch. Who doesn't like Katy Perry. ;-) Looks like Abrams also got the Edition. But that band, and Lagerfeld's are likely to turn up this Fall with the rest of the holiday updates. They get the stuff Apple left out of the launch, as it makes the gift that much more exclusive and unique. And then eventually people will be able to buy the band that JJ Abrams wears.
Yes, I use the website through Safari right now for that reason. Much easier to read in landscape. Looking forward to the Watch app ... but it will have to have a lot of predictive responses ... I can see it now: "Go away troll", "I wonder what Benjamin Frost would say", "Blocked", "Apple is doomed", "You're an idiot". Sometimes this site is taxing. ;-)
Or they just pull out their iPhone and do it the way they've been doing it on the iPhone, using the watch for notifications only. And even if they don't speak, and many don't clearly enough for Siri (I have a flawless midwest American accent, yet Siri doesn't seem to understand me 40% of the time). there are those predictive responses as you point out which is what most people will be using most of the time in most settings....
Yes, I agree, especially after Apple expands the selection of bands and case combinations they offer. There's already a rumor that we can expect to see more case materials by the Fall in time for Christmas, and I would likewise expect more watch bands as well. The solid gold link bracelet given to Lagerfeld demonstrates not only Apple's commitment to fashion, and fashion cycles, but also reveals that such a band is likely planned, but given the 9 hour per band...
Yes, I think if Maxfield is the only store in Los Angeles where a person can walk-in without a pre-order reservation and walk out with an Apple watch, there will absolutely be lines around the store. Did you not see how fast the Watch sold out? There's huge demand for it, now more than before since so many people have had a chance to see one in person. The same goes for all of Apple's other boutique partners around the world. I understand why Apple's language was...
I think Apple handled the launch the correct way, because they are trying to position the watch as a fashion item, not just a tech item. But the pre-orders clearly suggested that people want the other bands. The people who wanted the cheaper Sport band option bought that, and the others spend the extra money to get the band. There's a marginal difference in price compared to buying the base model with the Sport band and buying the extra band you want. And clearly customers...