or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Well I would imagine 0-9 in a clock face orientation allowing you to punch in your 4-digit pin. Forget the crown.I know Apple has said it requires an iPhone 5 or newer, but why? What's the limitation? If the watch can use Pay without an iPhone, then why do you need an iPhone to set it up? Seems like any device with a bluetooth or wifi antenna could do it, since it's that 4-digit code that's required. So what's so special about the iPhone 5 & up that users of previous...
Do you have a link to something definitive about this? I've been wondering how it works, and whether both the iPhone and Watch must reconcile with each other and with one's bank after so many transactions without being in contact with either. My understanding from watching the keynote is that the Watch needed to be near the phone. If not, then you wouldn't even need an iPhone, much less a 5 or 6 series to use it. A Mac could set it up, or even a PC, or an iPad, or 4S ......
And where would the content come from? And where's the infrastructure to support downloading files of that size?
What are you talking about? Anecdotal evidence? The iPad as a Square terminal is ubiquitous  at small shops all over LA.  Speculatively speaking, this strongly suggests that external access to NFC will likely be supported for third party readers, as I doubt Square would roll out a new POST with less than a year before all terminals in the US will be converted to NFC compatible. Now that they're saying they will support it, it makes even less sense. So the only explanation...
Not without an iPhone it doesn't. And is you've already got an iPhone that does it, you're going to be a whole lot less interested in the Watch.
This is not really a new product category. It is for Apple, but it's not quite the same as with mobile phones. The market is already saturated with smart-watches, and they aren't really catching on. So far, aside from fit and finish I haven't really seen Apple offering anything that the others aren't -- at least in terms of what the marketplace seems to be demanding. They're offering Pay, and that's about it (and that requires a current iPhone). I'm not even sure if the...
Code:Hello, Pay?Apple TV?Watch?I think they are doing just fine ...
Nah, look what's happened in 7 short years ... We have low-power bluetooth chips that allow wireless devices to access each other at any time, all without draining the battery unnecessarily. We have bigger screens and more pixels with smaller batteries in cases half the size of the original ... All without sacrificing power. You're not being realistic when you suggest the Watch will never have GPS nor cellular antennas, even if not today. Looking at where the iPhone alone...
By the way ... now that Apple is using symbols to name their products instead of actual words, anybody know how to easily access the  symbol under iOS?
Personally, I would prefer my watch always display the time. That's one of the problems with a digital watch. I don't want to have to constantly wave my arm in a certain way, or press a button with a watch. But I guess it's a trade-off. Frankly, I have little interest in the Watch unless it's completely water-proof so I can wear it swimming, surfing, and boating. And secondarily, I would want it to have both GPS and a cellular antenna to receive direct OTA notifications...