or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

It's digital equipment. The volume knob rotates in either direction unlimited. The center of the knob is an on/off button. So I'm not sure how this is possible but not possible on the watch, unless of course there's no room for the connections inside.
I'm not sure I agree with this. Granted size could be the sticking point, but It seems like there could be an independent central shaft for the button that depresses independently of the outer turning shaft for the crown. I'm not sure why this would be an engineering impossibility. I have buttons on audio equipment that work like this.
I might have missed the point. But nevertheless I agree with you. My point is that doing this for this particular iteration of the Watch would be a stylistic choice at best, one that could be solved with an "enhancer" for those that want it. Once the Watch has an IPX8 water resistance rating, and can operate at sub-freezing temperatures, then I'd say Apple might want to consider that aspect of its design. Heck they might decide to do a  more "robust" industrial-looking...
I predict watch faces will be just like ringtones -- you will pay for them via the watch store. Apple likely feels that have the design skill to create any watch face a user could want, so why let anybody else make money off of them. Even third party licensees like Disney's Mikey Mouse will have to go through Apple.  I feel like this is the same approach Apple is taking with the watch bands. They feel like they have the expertise to create any possible band a customer...
 Which means the Car should look like this:  I don't necessarily disagree with your take on it, however, the more the iPhone stays in the pocket and the more autonomous the watch becomes, allowing it to be paired with an iPad, iPod Touch, or MacBook, the more I would expect the watch to exist as more of a fashion item independent of the anything it may currently be tethered too. That's why there must be a round watch, as well as a thinner watch, a smaller watch, and a...
But will it eliminate the current speed bottle neck with USB 2 flash sticks? Or is that a reality of the way flash storage is accessed? If I can transfer 32GB significantly faster from a flash drive, or read/write from/to it significantly faster it's definitely worth the money. I routinely have to transfer large video files from a USB flash drive to my internal hard drive in order to access them properly without lag.
But here's the thing ... this doesn't matter for the Watch for several reasons: 1) The warranted operating temperature specified by Apple for the watch is 32f-95f degrees. That means the need for use with gloves is greatly diminished. The Watch is not intended for use by those in below freezing environments, nor excessive heat. They recommend that the watch not be exposed to direct sunlight, as it will cause overheating and temporary or permanent failure. This is a real...
Doh! Right. So was Pharell, and Drake. I was just thinking about those I've seen from actual customers since the launch. No "average" customers wearing one that wasn't white. I'm sure they will turn up though ...This does make you wonder what criteria the sensors are using to determine what constitutes a real wrist, and how easy it would be to circumvent.But Apple will have to deal with this, a lot of those celebrities from whom they are seeking endorsements have arm...
Yup. I'd much rather have the sapphire crystal that is not only proven scratch resistant, but has been proven to survive an accidental drop from the wrist, unlike the Sport which not only scratches easily, shatters upon impact. So much for theory that Apple made a conscious choice not to use the sapphire crystal to make the Sport more durable considering its intended use. I've never seen a watch over $350 that didn't have a sapphire crystal. This was strictly a cost...
Yet Apple is catering to these types. She may just be relying on personal tastes, but unlike everybody else, hers are responsible for billions of dollars in annual revenue. Minimal is great, but it doesn't guarantee sales, nor does it guarantee timelessness. This watch is plenty minimal, but it's hardly timeless (no pun intended):To me the Watch already looks dated (or should I say I see the potential). And If the way Apple is sucking up to the fashion luminaries and...