or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Oh yes the games ... I'm sure that's what every gamer has been awaiting, a 1.5" square playing surface. /sI don't think games is where the Watch will earn its keep.
Assuming Apple does not change the formulation of the case materials, or the design parameters for the band connectors due to introducing a thinner design profile. The link in particular is designed to match perfectly the finish of the watch case, so a mismatch might not look too good. Two toned (gold/silver) is one thing, but a clash is another. Either way, I wouldn't buy a band this way given Apple's history -- they don't traditionally seem too concerned with supporting...
I think they will continue to offer the Shuffle indefinitely as an entry level music player for working out. For what is basically a $50 flash drive, they can continue to offer this indefinitely. This is for people who aren't going to buy the Watch, and don't want to carry their iPhone around with them when they workout. They are also available waterproofed for swimming and other water sports.   The Nano is in jeopardy of being replaced by the Watch. I would be...
Really, Apple has a prototype round Watch to compare to the square one?
Of course it doesn't. People have demonstrated that with various mock ups. If display size is so important why would Apple even offer a 38mm watch? Isn't a smaller screen harder to see? Some people think 38mm is too large for their wrists, does that mean Apple won't offer an even smaller screen to address that group because it will be harder to read? This also presumes there's no other way to present information than Apple currently has chosen. When Apple decides to do a...
Yes I know. But there are some silly restrictions, like how sexually suggestive a members primary profile pic is on them. Explicit photos are rejected, and the criteria is quite stringent, in that the photo can't even hint at sex. A girlfriends bathing suit photo was cropped so that it suggested she was naked from the waist down, despite wearing a bikini top, so the photo was not allowed. When she cropped it to reveal the bikini bottoms, they permitted the photo.That's why...
I heard a story on the radio today about a journalist who had a Fitbit that got switched somehow so that notifications came as vibrations -- she said the first time she felt it, it scared her because she had no idea it could do that. She had to turn it off because it was so distracting.I have no idea what steps Apple is taking to make sure only those notifications you want to distract you are transmitted to the taptic engine, but it certainly makes sense that there's a...
I agree it looks really nice with the right band. And I do like the Milanese loop. I'm surprised there's not one for the Edition, but I suspect that would cost as much as the Edition watch itself. And I agree it looks like a hockey puck from the side -- but what I dont understand is why the anti-round camp on this forum keep using lesser smart watch companies efforts to justify why Apple will never offer a round watch. Makes me laugh, as they are basically saying if Apple...
Thanks for expressing that sentiment. Let's see how much flack you get for proposing that. I've been told by other members on this board in no uncertain terms that if I want a watch face that's always there I should not buy a smartwatch and get a traditional watch that only tells time -- because Apple has already thought of this and for whatever justified reason aren't going to implement it.People around here keep saying this isn't a watch, and it's not for people who wear...
I don't think that's why it sold out the fastest, as most of these watches were ordered sight unseen. There were probably a much smaller inventory of space gray as compared to the silver, not to mention anodizing it took longer to manufacture than the silver.I agree the Watch needs to be seen in person to be appreciated -- like any piece of jewelry. That's why I think it's a shame that Apple didn't at least try to give people an opportunity to see it in person before they...