or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

I agree. A person who only sees the watch as a "computer" would do this. Watches have traditionally been seen as jewelry, for men in particular since they wear very little else, and a statement of wealth and power. Putting a cheap band on a nice watch almost always blatantly makes the statement that the wearer is cheap, or tasteless. Apple has made it quite clear that the Watch is a fashion statement as well, and the wide variety of quality well designed bands demonstrate...
I don't agree with that at all. Perhaps none of these early ones are, but I've seen plenty of third party accessories that rival Apples own.
I don't follow this. I've mainly had link bracelets with all of my watches, and all of them I'd prefer to have been able to adjust the bracelet myself than take it to a jeweler, as I gained and lost weight. or to tighten it up as the link pins became loose. Apples design is no worse than any traditional watch band, and in some cases it's better.But as far as I can tell Apple's bands are assembled with pins just like my other link bracelets, and they will have to be...
LOL agreed. I am somewhat surprised that the stainless Watch will be sold at BestBuy. I imagined the Sport would be the only watch sold at big box retailers at first, so this is a little surprising.
This has not been the case at any other third party retailers for the Watch. Apple trained the salespeople working for the department stores and boutiques, but they are the employees of the retailer, not Apple. I saw this first hand at Maxfield LA. There were Apple reps, but they did very little, other than observe. I would be surprised if Best Buy agrees to, and Apple hires and pays employees to work in another retailers stores indefinitely.
While I agree with much of what you suggest, I'm not sure I agree about the manufacture. For the body, I'm not sure Apple couldn't approach this in much the same way as their custom A# chips. They could design the body and have it custom manufactured in partnership with another auto manufacturer perhaps. And I don't see why they'd have to build factories to assemble it. Why not just lease factories form any number of auto manufacturers worldwide who may have an idle...
Haha. Replace "BMW" with "Apple" and "i3" with "Watch" and you'll have the same hollow argument. Not everyone needs more than 80 miles on a single charge to make that car successful. While the battery life on the Tesla may be a selling point, for the people I know who bought one that was by no means the primary reason they bought the car. None of them drive close to 80 miles a day and they charge it at work and at home every day. They bought it because it was a luxury...
This about sums it up for me. Granted I think there's no contest between the quality of other headphones in the same price range over Beats, but Beats is a brand statement to a particular demographic and generation, successfully crafted by master marketers at Beats before Apple acquired them. I suspect there is a reason, more than Brand identity, that Apple hasn't absorbed the line and started placing Apples on their products. Indeed, I'm a little embarrassed that Apple is...
Yup. That's why I hope Apple doesn't migrate to their own chips because of it. I know so many people who buy Macs to run Windows, because they love the design of the hardware hardware, but need Windows for work.
I was going to say $2billion didn't seem like enough. I wonder if this includes the money Apple pays to acquire the companies who invent the technology Apple adds to their products?What I would love to see is the R&D budget of Xerox PARC in the 70s, when they were inventing the Mac technologies that Apple appropriated, adjusted for inflation for comparison. Is Apple spending as much now as PARC was then, or more?With $190billion stuck offshore, no wonder they are building...