or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

What Samsung doesn't know, now that they've rushed their undercooked fingerprint technology to market and sitting back with a smirk, is that Apple is planning on releasing DNA technology. That's right, Apple users will lick their iPhones and a DNA analyzer will confirm a match to unlock. It can't be tricked as the DNA must be fresh. Alternately, for customers who don't care to lick their phones, a retina scanner version of the phone will be available featuring a high...
It looks cheap.
Wow. They really are going to call it the 5C. "C" as in Cheap. The competition is going to have a field day with this ...
Because they are running out of time. Apple has not had a significant release of an available product all year. If not September, when? I suspect they won't even be offering some products for immediate sale as it is.
First, that article says growth will be in luxury watches. A $50,000 Rolex is not a $199 iWatch.Second, anecdotally, just looking around I see more women wearing watches than men. The watches I do see are cheap, kitsch watches, or high end jewelry.I don't see the same clientele who buys cheap, or luxury watches, buying the modern equivalent of an LED watch priced at $200 or more. And not to unfairly stereotype, but I don't see women largely investing in cutting edge...
They should probably drop the C right now, because that's exactly what the competition is going to do.Actually "C" might stand for "carbon fibre" ... But that still won't deter the Samsung/Microsoft/Google camp ...
Exactly. Add to that students, athletes, seniors, clumsy people ... The "glass sandwich" that was the iPhone 4/S was a step backward from the 3G/S in my mind. Everything that was beautiful and "wow" about that design was destroyed by the ridiculous Apple colored bumper or any number of clunky aftermarket cases -- most of which were plastic and essentially turned the 4/S into a 3G/S.The iPhone repair businesses (as well as third party case companies) are going to hate the...
Well first, they had no trouble updating the iPad 3 with lightning mid-product run.Second, I doubt the iPod Classic will make the cut in its current form.Third, if they continue to make the 4S that's four iPhones that will be in production, assuming the iPhone 5 remains as a lower price option. Even if the 5c replaces the 5, that's still three different form factors instead of the usual two.Fourth, the screen size is at least an important standard to Apple as the...
I suppose it would be wishful thinking to expect that it will be compatible with the original iPad and older devices without cameras or lower quality cameras ...? I'm guessing iOS 6 at a minimum requirement ...
Nope. T-Mobile is leading the way toward unsubsidized phones and abolishing contracts. The other major cell phone companies are taking this move seriously by developing their own off-contract plans. Apple, is ahead of the curve in this regard. The more people I speak to about buying new smartphones the more they are all leaning toward spending more up front to buy their phones with off-contract plans rather than spend considerably more for the phone over time, especially...