or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Nope.
You are absolutely right. Apple has a well documented streamlined manufacturing process with only as many units in the pipeline as will be immediately sold. 
You just proved my point. Thanks!
I agree. Apple is essentially a build to order company that maintains a very limited supply of stock on hand. I think they had a limited amount of stock ready to ship, all based on people favoriting their watches online. But the vast majority ordered today will likely need to be assembled. If Appe was transparent about this and advertised BTO, with the actual manufacturing to doorstep estimate, this frenzy today would have been completely avoided.
Again, that's not the point. Is Apple just trying to move units like Samsung, or are they trying to cultivate a brand an experience? Everything they have done with the watch up until now, the diaries, the fashion placements, the boutique jewelry store partners, have all suggested this is more than just a commodity product. Yet, they dump it sight unseen onto the market, limiting the initial experience to the techno-geek, Apple fanboys and early adopters, who know how to...
I'm not suggesting anybody penalize the "decisive". Quite the contrary. When the pre-orders start it's everyone for themselves.But this is a watch. It's personal. It needs to be fit to the wearer. It's not a one-size-fit all iPhone or iPad. It's an expensive purchase for many, and very expensive for others. Pictures and stats aren't enough for something you wear.Who would it have penalized to offer the watches in the store a week before anybody could have ordered them? If...
No. People have been reporting different delays on different models.They really should have previewed "Apple's most personal product yet" in stores a week before pre-orders went live.Judging by these delays, I'm more inclined to believe that Apple has chosen a more build to order model, than massive sales. No doubt the preorders are going to be massive, but I think the inventory is minimal, and they will be assembling to meet demand. Think of it as the actual launch day is...
I hope you're right.Again it's not the online pre-order process that bothers me, that's no different than it's ever been, in fact it may be running smoother than most.But still, considering this is Apple's most personal product ever, and I've never met anybody who didn't try on a watch before they bought it, you'd think giving the eager public a chance to try the watch on and know which one they wanted before they throw everyone into a lottery skewed to the dedicated...
I'm not complaining about the pre-orders themselves. This is all business as usual. Nothing you can do about supply and demand on launch day.What I'm upset about is the people who said Apple should have offered a week of previews/fittings, by appointment before the pre-order day. By doing it this week, customers who needed to see it in person to chose were shut out on day one. For a product that's meant to be worn, this is ridiculous.Instead you have people ordering...