or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

It would work the same way it does on the Watch. When the watch is used alone without the iPhone, the secure tokens are still generated through the store's POST. To the extent the watch stores any payment information necessary to be downloaded to the phone, that will happen once they are reunited, if ever. And to the extent the phone actually needs to pass any of this information on, it will happen once the iPhone reconnects to the web, if ever. It strikes me that the...
Yes, but the same is true if you're at Starbucks and the internet is down and your hard disks are sitting back at home on your desk. Then what does offline storage get you? That's why I say they are complimentary.
Well, it doesn't exactly "beat" cloud storage. I don't really see it as a competition. I see it as an important compliment. The people who keep insisting I rely on a wireless world exclusively, for which the new rMB is seemingly targeted, conveniently skip over these kinds of problems, which will likely never go away. Local storage for backup of important files, is just as important as having wireless access anywhere. When the network goes down, people can still get their...
Surprisingly I agree with you 100%. Apple has four distinct subsidized price points on which the phones are marketed -- $0, $99, $199, and $299. Simple elegant, and easy for the consumer to grasp. They know what tier they are in before adding on features from there.I'm not entirely sure how they will handle the subsidized $99 price point, as I see Apple using screen size as a price differentiator, but otherwise you are spot on.
I cannot see Apple offering a 6 Plus at the mid-tier. Just like Samsung, if you want a giant phone, you pay top dollar for it, especially since it will likely always offer all of the latest features. I'm not even sure they will offer the 6 at the mid-tier at this juncture. I see them distinguishing the price points by screen size and case design. If you want a 4.7" screen that will be the top dollar 6S. With four models separated by $100 each, there's not a lot of room to...
Interesting. I hadn't thought of that. While it's been clear to me from the beginning that the 5S was likely engineered to be transplanted into the 5C case, as per the plan, redesigning the 6 series to fit into the 5S case hadn't occurred to me. Mainly because if Apple has to reengineer the 6 into a 4" form factor, then they might as well redesign the case as well, since it will need to last at least 3 years, based on their previous pattern, and the 5S design would get a...
Doesn't matter if there is or isn't. They will report their "Other" income category, and whatever the difference between previous quarters and this quarter will be the profit from the Watch, and will be more than enough from which to speculate.
Makes sense to me, I traditionally bought the 16GB models, keep a modest number of apps on my phone, and not a particularly large picture taker, nor kept much music. But I do keep most of my texts, which over time really begin to add up especially if friends and family attach pictures and videos. I found that when I did want to shoot video, I didn't have any space left to do it. Now that the current crop of phones shoot such amazing video and photos, that space will fill...
I wouldn't say that. I wouldn't be surprised if the 7 didn't have 256GB storage. It's not just music, it's ever higher resolution photos, HD videos, slow-mo, editing, and apps, lots and lots of apps, likewise growing ever bigger, especially gaming apps which is a major platform for Apple. So you'll probably get your 256GB for your music, while others will get increased storage for everything else.I was frankly surprised they discontinued the iPod Classic before they...
Haha, so true.I believe now is the appropriate time for: "AAPL is DOOMED!"Surely conservative America in their boycot of Apple will destroy its market share, right? Soon the loyal supporters on this forum for whom the only rhetoric allowed is "Apple and it's executives can do not wrong" will be calling for Tim Cook's head on a platter, right?But it sure is entertaining! I'm even reading the blocked posts on this one!HahahaEDIT: this has really been a bad week for...