or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Just my own experience, but telling. I did cut the cord a couple of years ago with Time Warner. I called to get an internet only package which turned out to be $60/month. They pitched me a number of other offers which I flatly rejected. Then, they finally offered be the "broadcast" TV package + internet rate -- $40/month. So the internet by itself was $20 more, than if I took the basic local broadcast station package. And that's the basis of their license deals with the...
I've been speculating about this on other threads, but it really all depends on what Apple thinks they're selling. If it's just a really nice smart watch, then yes I could see it being similar to the iPad. Although I think Apple would try hard to get updates out by April every year to capitalize on graduations, perhaps the single time of the year when the most watches are sold. But certainly in time for Christmas works too. You have to imagine that despite all the effort...
Now who's being silly?The fact Apple introduced an entry level plastic iPhone they report as selling well is all the credibility I need behind my proposal.
I think the Watch will do well too. But it's not like the iPod, or the iPhone, nor the iPad in my mind. Everybody had a cell phone before the iPhone. Not everyone has a watch, or even wants one. The iPad likewise replaces the computer for many people -- it's a simpler, more convenient, and cheaper interface for what they're already using. People were buying MP3 players before the iPod came along, but they weren't easy to use. It wasn't the iPod itself that really changed...
Isn't this only a concern if you lose your older iDevice? And in that event cant most pre-iOS 8.1 devices still in use be remote wiped via iCloud?
The numbers may be small for a reason, which has nothing to do with build-quality, ease of use, or functionality. There's no doubt that Apple has raised the bar for a nascent industry that has yet to fully realize it's potential. But for a market that so far has been primarily targeted around fitness enthusiasts, and general movement toward healthier living, I don't really see the demand for a high end jewelry quality device such that Appleis ringing to market.That's not...
We think alike. I paid $10 for 10 small block chinese knock-off apple power adapters that I carry around with me in case I lose them, which happens a lot more than I'd like.USB is great, but it also means I have to carry cables around too. Of course that was back in the days of a single 30-pin adapter. Now that the Watch has added a third proprietary cable to the daily recharge lineup, I think it makes a lot more sense. I just hate the thought of all those cables tangled...
Nice! That would be excellent for camping trips, especially since the Watch has to be charged daily. The ones I have now are the compact slim-line kind like this:  http://www.amazon.com/colorful-Charger-UltraPower-Battery-iPhone4/dp/B00MB6CSA6/ref=sr_1_169http://www.amazon.com/1900mAh-Portable-External-Battery-Charger/dp/B00RX9GFAA/ref=sr_1_692 It makes more sense with all I have to charge now to buy the universal kind ... which of course means buying more chargers...
Yes. My point is, you get somebody who wants a fitness tracker who doesn't really want everything the Watch can do, to buy an entry-level model (kind of like buying an iPod nano before they commit to the Touch). They spend $299, and get the experience of all the things it can do, and they decide they want to replace their current "dress" watch, or just buy a nice one for daily wear and spend end up spending $500-$1,000, which gets them a much nicer watch, and Siri...
Again all valid points. We'll just have to see how this shakes out. I don't see it as the demise of the traditional watchmaker at all, but I also see they have to adapt in some way to include some of the technologies Apple is offering. On the other hand ... I'll admit I'm so focused on the Watch, that I'm completely overlooking the possibility that the most basic and desirable aspects of Apple's watch can be incorporated into many different types of wearables. Necklaces,...