or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

I don't know anybody who didn't buy a 3 because it was heavier or thicker than the 2. And did I miss something? Did the 3 sell less units than the 2? I thought people were trading in their 2s to buy a 3! The 4 likely has sold less because the mini cannibalized some sales from it.
Wow, have you applied to be the CEO of Apple? Because they are obviously really in need of your expertise.
Still no stereo speakers? Surprising. I know they are cutting space out of the larger iPad by slimming the sides, but the mini has stereo speakers, and that just makes the more expensive one seem lacking by comparison. It's not like there wasn't a huge amount of space left inside the iPad 4 when they swapped out the 30-pin dock connector.
NIH
  Facebook MUST find a way to start making money. So this makes perfect sense,   There are those who live most of their lives on Facebook. What better way to enable them than to give them a Facebook integrated phone, that leverages their friends and family contacts directly into the phone directory? This might actually be the shot in the arm Facebook has been looking for ...
I'm NOT hung up on the word TV. The analysts are. I'm on record saying this will make for a great monitor. I'd love a 40" or larger retina display monitor!    But a monitor is not going to sell anywhere near the volume that an Apple TV set will, nor that the analysts expect one would. If Apple just released a large format retina monitor along with a new headliner product at a media event, everyone would applaud, and nobody would think anything more about it. But the...
I totally get the value of higher resolution screen in my home. I can see upgrading to 1080p for the clarity and real estate it will offer for my AirPlay streaming from my MacBook.   But Apple is a public company that has to make its shareholders happy. Launching a whole new and expensive product line based around a media format for which there is no available content is risky. They aren't removing floppy drives from the iMac, without content they're offering noting more...
Is this a deal for 4K streaming content?   i refer you to Skil's average Internet speed comment.   4K MIGHT be realistic as a download for the average Internet package. 4K streaming is just fantasy at present.   And I still go back to, where is all this 4K streaming content going to come from? Not from broadcasters for a very long time, and not likely studio home video either. That leaves the Internet to carry the entire burden for a very limited and niche market.
My experience is the same. I will not likely upgrade to 1080p anytime soon, especially as long as broadcast media uses 720p/1080i as the standard.   I've routinely looked at panels of HD TVs side by side from Best Buy to high end home theater stores, and the universal perception I come away with is that there is indistinguishable difference between most sets in terms of resolution. And I know for a FACT that the home theater store sets have the highest calibration.   The...
Exactly!   An Apple 4K TV would only showcase 4K iTunes content, which would be limited. Why would a studio basically give away the equivalent of their picture negative for ultimate piracy?   And people go on about this like the networks and broadcasters are all chomping at the bit for 4K content. Absolutely ridiculous considering they will be paying for the conversion to HD for the next decade or longer. 4K would mean investing in a totally new equipment infrastructure...