or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Well when you're right, you're right. Apple has published the life expectations of the battery not iFixit. http://www.apple.com/batteries/service-and-recycling/ The only reference I made to iFixit was with respect to their rating of 5 in the 1-10 scale of repairability, and the number of replacement parts which would also have to be purchased to reassemble the watch, indicating significant labor, time and materials, which is not likely to be cheap, even if you don't do it...
When Pay is much more widely integrated into merchant payment systems, I can see this being a factor. Right now, most of the places I frequent are not yet equipped to take contactless payments, or if they are, many don't accept Pay. At the moment, I have to carry a credit card wherever I go, at a minimum. This will of course change by this time next year after all merchants have upgraded their POSTs and Pay is more widely accepted, and supported by bankcards. Then we'll...
Wow! That's quite a surprise!But I am perplexed as to why their inventory estimates are so out of line with reality, this far after the launch. But good to see them finally catching up with demand.
And the ability to crank millions of these off the assembly line in rapid fashion would be hampered by this kind of testing, which shows one downside of this kind of mass production, regardless of the quality otherwise. Fortunately, the battery will not likely ever have to be replaced in the Watch, because it will likely cost almost as much as the price of a new one based on those iFixit tear downs, not to mention by the time the battery dies, the watch will likely be...
Well, assuming this is legit, it confirms my suspicion that there would be a gold anodized Sport Watch to match the gold iPhones, as well as a mid-priced gold option (maybe 14k or some new patented plating process). I did wonder how that would work for the rich with the rose gold, but hadn't really thought that they would just simply add the option for the iPhone. You can't have customers running around with an iPhone accessory that doesn't match their iPhones. Makes you...
You actually make a good point ... Apple doesn't have time to test each individual watch as it comes off the assembly line. All the more reason to forgo a more rigorous IPX8 certification. There's also the issue of rapid temperature changes, like going from a warm day into the cold ocean, or a cool day into a hot tub. But I personally am happy they are conducting these tests. It gives me hope that I will be able to wear it surfing ... but I;ll let somebody else try it...
Yes, exactly, it's almost the first thing anybody asks about the watch, usually followed by surprise and disappointment that it doesn't have one. Given that Alan Dye revealed that "we discovered we loved looking at photos on the watch" it would be surprising that they didn't also invasion a way to use the watch to get them into it. I keep remembering Tim Cooks keynote where he talked about the FaceTime camera burst mode, and how customers were "really going to love it to...
 The photos app is there for one big reason  -- Jony Ive enjoyed looking at photos on his watch. This ultimately led to the decision that gave us a completely unnecessary, extremely large frame bezel compromising the available screen space.  That said, this is exactly why the gen 2 model will likely have a FaceTime camera, for taking the pictures on the watch itself. The whole point of the watch is convenience, and what could be more convenient than answering a FaceTime...
And this is where the FaceTime camera comes into play -- taking a photo when your phone is not around. Later it transfers to the phone. Now that we know the watch is more reasonably water resistant than previously thought, this would be great at the pool or the beach where you don't have to worry about getting your phone wet.
 Well a driver would be required to take over in bad weather, like a pilot who takes off and lands, but spends the majority of the time in the air on autopilot, reading the newspaper. But my point remains, I had no idea the technology had reached this level that it has become a serious issue for the unions. Obviously the auto industry is quite profitable, otherwise they would have all gotten out of it a long time ago. But there's a lot of car companies competing for the...