or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

I'd like to know if those folks on Catalina were tourists or locals (to LA since most people on Catalina are tourists by default haha) But I agree. The first gen watch is not for me. But I do want one. I really hope they stand behind more aggressive water resistance protection so I can wear it with water sports. The notifications are not so important for me, but Pay, and being able to retrieve messages while away from my phone would be worth it. And I would enjoy the...
Again, your anectdotal experience, which is proof of nothing, other than you've seen more than I have. I have not been to Pasadena since the watch came out, but I have been in some of the trendiest areas of LA, the Westside in particular, and I work within the biggest entertainment business in LA, and have not seen one -- well not one on a local -- I did see one on a visitor from Japan. Even when I bought two from Maxfield LA, I did not see anyone actually wearing one,...
It can be debated whether Apple botched the role out or not, or why there were no watches in Apple stores on lunch day but there were in boutiques around the world. That's not the point -- the fact is it happened, and sales will likely pick up now that a customer can walk into a store, try on the watch without making an appointment, and walk out of the store with the watch on their wrist after being paired and set up by a Genius, rather than ordering it online and waiting...
Right, because the iPhone 6 Plus is so "pocket friendly".
Of course not. The main reason is likely to satisfy Jony Ive's demanding design aesthetic, for seamless bezel to screen transitions. He was quite clear in a New Yorker interview that the current technology employed in the iPhone looks old.
Well, we'll get some idea of what's actually happening next month with the 2nd quarter results, after the reported jump in the "other" category as it relates to the previous four quarters.As for annecdotal observations, I live in LA, and have not seen a single Watch in the wild. It's interesting they compare it to the original iPhone and it's similar supply constraints, since the month after it launched I saw dozens of iPhones in use around town, compared to the two...
It's amazing that the telephone was so popular, considering for over 100 years people had to hold an often heavy receiver up to their ear with their arm. There is absolutely no difference in holding a handset up to ones head and holding a watch up at that level -- indeed the watch weighs much lass than a princess phone handset of days past.I'm also wondering if anybody criticisms this particular problem has ever had a FaceTime conversation with an iPad ... I have them all...
You know Taylor Swift owns her own label, right? So Apple is paying all the other labels but just not Swift?
Why is it being assumed that anyone would want to do anything significant on an Watch, phone call, FaceTime, text, game, et al.?FaceTime would be included for the same reasons they allow phone calls to be received and made -- not so you can chat for an hour with your Aunt Martha -- there's only 3 hours of continuous talk time on the watch. It's there for one reason-- convenience. And nothing's more convenient than answering a FaceTime call without having to dig out your...
I had thought about using the watch without straps, just as a thing in my pocket; but without wearing it, not only do you lose the benefits of fitness tracking, but you also lose wrist authentication for Pay and notifications. Seems pointless. Then again, Tom Ford doesn't need to get his money's worth out of anything. It's a glowing endorsement from a fashion luminary though ...