or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

You are operating under the assumption that the 3.5" screen is somehow a problem, when in fact it's a well tried display with proven OS solutions to address different-sized screens. Moreover, it has only been 5 months since the iPhone 5 has been released. Have any new iPhones been released? Have any new iPod Touches been released. This is a specious argument. There's still plenty of time in Apple's usual product cycles to add a new 3.5" device to the lineup.Besides, what...
Funny, when I first saw it I thought it looked just like e iPad mini. How's that for unifying the product line?Well first, why would anyone design an app only for the 3.5 UI and cut themselves out of the iPhone 5 market? That's just common sense.Second, of course they don't require you to build for the 3.5 UI. Despite the fact the 4 & 4S are still being sold, and if there's no low one-size-fits-all low budget entry level iPhone, the 4S will continue to sold, (and likely...
Why do you assume that they are? Steve Jobs could have had this idea while working on the original iPhone. The 3G could have been the first attempt. It's a perfectly rational plan by any manufacturer, especially when considering markets like India and China.
I don't know anybody who didn't buy a 3 because it was heavier or thicker than the 2. And did I miss something? Did the 3 sell less units than the 2? I thought people were trading in their 2s to buy a 3! The 4 likely has sold less because the mini cannibalized some sales from it.
Wow, have you applied to be the CEO of Apple? Because they are obviously really in need of your expertise.
Still no stereo speakers? Surprising. I know they are cutting space out of the larger iPad by slimming the sides, but the mini has stereo speakers, and that just makes the more expensive one seem lacking by comparison. It's not like there wasn't a huge amount of space left inside the iPad 4 when they swapped out the 30-pin dock connector.
NIH
  Facebook MUST find a way to start making money. So this makes perfect sense,   There are those who live most of their lives on Facebook. What better way to enable them than to give them a Facebook integrated phone, that leverages their friends and family contacts directly into the phone directory? This might actually be the shot in the arm Facebook has been looking for ...
I'm NOT hung up on the word TV. The analysts are. I'm on record saying this will make for a great monitor. I'd love a 40" or larger retina display monitor!    But a monitor is not going to sell anywhere near the volume that an Apple TV set will, nor that the analysts expect one would. If Apple just released a large format retina monitor along with a new headliner product at a media event, everyone would applaud, and nobody would think anything more about it. But the...
I totally get the value of higher resolution screen in my home. I can see upgrading to 1080p for the clarity and real estate it will offer for my AirPlay streaming from my MacBook.   But Apple is a public company that has to make its shareholders happy. Launching a whole new and expensive product line based around a media format for which there is no available content is risky. They aren't removing floppy drives from the iMac, without content they're offering noting more...