or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Typically speaking. However, my point is more to the fact that there might not be as big a rush for the larger phones as anticipated. Anecdotally, I know many people who don't want a bigger phone. Given that the 6, aside from the NFC antenna is mostly a performance boost in a much larger size, there might still be a significant demand for the 5s, especially at the lower price point. Then again, Samsung may have anticipated the consumer trend much more accurately than Apple...
Let's see. In order to continue using their services, on which I have become dependent, I must upgrade to their current product, or transition my needs to another platform. Hmmm. How about coercing? Either way, Apple is FORCING me to make a decision, if NOTHING else, by taking away my options. So there you go. We can parse semantics all day. Bottom line is, in order to continue using the Apple ecosystem of products and services, I must adapt to their current offerings...
I wouldn't presume to guess what Steve would say. Besides, he was notoriously fickle with respect to many of his "proclamations". He might very well have said "move on", and he might have said, 'the original iPhone dimensions were the best, and Apple will continue to offer that alongside everything else'. Who knows. I can still wonder. The fact is, the Plus is designed to compete with Samsung, and their "reachable" solution in particular is not only kludgy, but completely...
I really don't.  There's a guy with a Galaxy 5 which he bought to replace his iPhone, even though he prefers the iPhone because he needs glasses to see his 4" iPhone screen, takes a lot of digital notes, and needs more space than the screen allows. In fact I was jealous of the stylus input for jotting down quick notes -- with all due respect to Steve Jobs, the finger may be the best pointing device we have, but it is not the best stylus. But that works for him and his job....
Seeing the iPad mini in comparison, there's really no reason not to put a phone in it. I have no problem with Apple catering to people who want to carry something like this around. But short-changing those of us who don't want to carry a tablet around in our pockets is just cruel. I'd like an iPhone 6, but the reality is it doesn't offer much over the 5 aside from screen size, better camera and faster processor. It does offer NFC, but Apple Pay is not likely to make a...
Well I wouldn't go that far. The 5S offers quite a bit more over the 4S. Aside from a larger screen, I'm not really seeing the leap from the 5S.I REALLY want Apple Pay, but I won't buy a larger iPhone 6 to get it. And it will take at least a year to really roll out Apple Pay anyway. So hopefully they will add NFC to the iPhone 5 4" form factor, otherwise, I don't know what I'll do.
Yup. I was very interested in this device when I read about it a year ago. Now that it's been delayed a year, it's dead.Visa & MasterCard, are aggressively pushing chip & pin, after merchants stalled for the last decade. But since Target and other major retailer number thefts, they seem to have the ammunition to make it happen.This is too little too late. What happens when their investors pull out because the market for a swiping card replacement will be the early adopters...
Oh God me too.I don't really care for the iPhone 5 ... Too tall. I'm still using my 4S, but the speed is killing me now. Plus the home and power button doesn't work reliably anymore. But I LOVR the smaller form factor.But, if I had to chose between the iPhone 5 and an even bigger iPhone, I'd pick the iPhone 5 form factor without hesitation. I'm an Apple guy, and I'm married to e iPhone platform (seriously what else is there?). But I would hate being forced to move up to a...
Yes lets patent that idea, because NOBODY has ever thought of such a thing before. And people wonder what's wrong with the current patent system. Frankly I'm stunned AI could get seven paragraphs out of this "story". Didn't there used to be a back-page area in AI to keep stuff like this off the main news flow?
Speaking of trolling ... Clearly you were wrong about your hyperbolic claim.If you're such a happy user of Cortana, how would you know what Siri is capable of? What's more, this commercial reeks of a MS focus group dissecting Siri and looking for anything they can target that Siri currently doesn't do. The question I have after years of being subjected to MS in the workplace, is how well does Cotana stack up to Siri in the areas Siri does well? My overall impression of...