or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Once all merchants update to NFC compatible POSTs by the end of 2015 as mandated by VISA/MC/AMEX, I have a feeling Apple will not want to sell any phones that do not support the latest security features and NFC. I also don't think they will want to retire their investment in the 5C which has only been around 2 years and not 3 like their previous models, especially since they never sold it as a premium model to recover their R&D costs. So they transplant the 5s into the 5c...
I fully expect  Apple to release a 6 mini next year when they bump the 5s down to the plastic case (which I think is also likely after spending so much money to develop the 5c) Also in full agreement. However, the author is wrong the 5C & 5S BOTH SUPPORT APPLE PAY -- with the Apple Watch. I suspect this is a marketing move by Apple to encourage 5 series users to buy an Apple Watch, as the huge size of the 6 series will compel users to buy an Apple Watch so they can leave...
You mean for those who use Apple products already?For those who were perfectly fine carrying around an LTE enabled iPad mini, why doesn't Apple just turn on the phone functions and let people use the mini as a phone? The reality is anyone who needs a tablet for work is going to prefer something bigger than the 6Plus., and will still have a phone and a tablet. This is what is probably driving Apple's marketing strategy, and preventing them from enabling the iPads as phones....
In the meantime were back to the era of carrying the Motorola Flip-Phone brick around again. The technology exists to do this now. Apple chose to copy Samsung instead.
That's OK, the old Steve Jobs way of trying to keep some semblance of form, function, design style and decorum evidently doesn't fly either.
What's your point? I've had every model of the iPhone since it debuted, and each one I've carried in my front and back pockets of tight jeans, and routinely sat in them. I've never once had any issues with any of the phones, EVER. Then again, I would never carry an object the size of a 6 Plus in my jeans pockets, EVER. So there's that.
The mini competes with the iPhone 6 plus. Now that most carriers support VOIP calling, just get a mini, transfer your cell phone number to Google Voice and keep using it with the same carrier. And it costs less. Pair the mini with the iPad Plus release and new iPods, keep them completely separate from the phone launch. Anybody think the iPod Touch will take on the 5.5 screen size? It will definitely get the 4.7 at a minimum. But I'm thinking 5.5 is the perfect gaming...
Even more than the 5c vs. the 5s, I would love to know how many 6 Pluses sold compared to the 6. But Alas, Apple doesn't provide that information. I'd especially like to know how many previous iPhone users chose the 6 Plus (I shudder to think of large numbers of Apple users opting for the phablet).But I don't know why the 6C would ever be the free phone. I expect the 5s to be transplanted into the plastic case and survive another year. Frankly the 6 does not offer that...
Fair enough. But I would still like to see the sit tests, along with the inevitable "will it blend" and drop tests. Just what does it take to snap the 6 Plus in two? For instance, if it's laying on my couch and I happen to sit on it, as I have with my 4, will it crack? It's so light and thin I have to wonder if it will provide enough resistance in a pocket to alert someone before damage is done, whether it actually breaks apart or not. Then again, if this hasn't...
Exactly, so what's the hangup over allowing the iPad hardware to make and receive cell phone calls?The 6 plus already doe sings with its screen that neither the iPhones nor the iPads can do. So now there's three discreet software packages Apple has to support (not counting the Touch). So my feeling is, just make iOS universal with respect to the phone and let the consumer decide if the 6 Plus is as big as they want to go with a phone.This is as arbitrary to me as Apple...