or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Yes, one of the reasons it costs so much, it has a built in D/A audio converter, so there's that. People always seem to overlook the added value Apple typically offers. The lightning A/V adapters got a similar bum wrap for being so expensive, despite what they were offering.  I'm with you. Seems like it would not be hard to snap that connector off. I've knocked my docked phone off the table before, but the 30 pin connector generally comes apart easily and/or the recess...
While I won't discount your conspiratorial reason as a cause for Starbucks lack of adoption of NFC POSTs, mandated by the credit card companies by October of this year, this article confirms what I thought: http://www.bidnessetc.com/34693-starbucks-corporation-app-for-apple-inc-ios-now-supports-apple-pay/Starbucks invested heavily in their QR POS systems, as well as their app development. It's going to require another major investment to upgrade their thousands of stores...
I thought the issue was that Starbucks did not have NFC enabled equipment. I would think they wouldn't want to take the charge against the new equipment until they had to. Surely they will accept Pay by October when they will have to switch over to new NFC enabled POSTs.It'll be interesting to see how merchants like Starbucks will enable chip and pin, whether they will change their POSTs to add a customer accessed terminal, or continue to take the card and offer the...
How are they not playing nice with Pay?
Agreed. What about unlocking and starting the car?
Bill Maher got it about right:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaYiYhTBg30   "Siri, I think there's something wrong with my heart"   Siri: "OK, I've found three theaters showing Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2"   Haha
You PAY for Spotify, which most people don't, including me. That's exactly what Apple is asking for, for Spotify's customers to pay for the service so than can compete on an even playing field. If you pay for something and are provided a service that a provider can offer via deals leveraged with the record labels and publishers, Apple can't really take issue with it.  Apple could offer the exact same thing, if they wanted to go the ad based route. Not sure why they are so...
Not really. According to the vice president of risk management policy for the American Bankers Association, in terms of rollout, they expect about 50 percent of banks and retailers to be completely transitioned over. The estimates are that by the end of 2015, approximately 70 percent of credit cards and 40 percent of debit cards in the U.S. --1.1 billion cards total -- will support EMV. There's going to be varied customer experiences over the first year, year-and-a-half of...
Im not sure comparing it to Starbucks is the way to go, as Starbucks greatly over-expanded, and had to shutter a number of stores a few years ago. However, radio Shack has this too, and would make a quick and easy investment for any tech company looking to expand. They had 4100 stores, down to about 1700 now owned by a hedge fund, Standard General, of which 1440 will be co-branded with Sprint ... All for $21 million. Hard to imagine some Apple competitor didn't see that as...
Right, but are the chip readers built into those POSTs, or is there some add on equipment for those credit cards, once such cards actually start getting issued in any significant numbers, which I assume will be closer to October 15. I just had a Capital One credit card replaced last month (expiring 2018) which did not have a chip embedded into it, which I thought was quite strange so close to the October deadline.EDIT: Oh I see, the chip card reader is on the underside of...