or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

I'm not one to say what Steve Jobs would or wouldn't do, but I do wonder if he would have approved this watch at its current bulk, or said to wait a year until they can get it slimmer. I think Apple had to release the iWatch now to fit with their iPhone 6 marketing plan. What better way to sell watches than to offer a revolutionary payment system through it as the only option for the iPhone 5 series which accounts for the largest installed base of iPhone users? It also...
I'm kind of surprised Apple didn't introduce inductive charging with the iPhone. After all, there's no real reason to plug in a lightning cable to an iPhone anymore for regular use. Maybe the 6s ...
I'm no better at looking into a crystal ball, but I don't believe this for a minute. If it were we would have seen chip and pin rolled out in this country years ago. Apple has a large installed based, but only the iPhone 6 users are really going to have his for the first year, and that's a tiny fraction of the installed base who will physically have the phones (and watches) and who will actually trust/use this technology. Higher end merchants will want to cater to this...
Yes, and so my question is, why not put phone capabilities in the mini too (or the air for that matter)? Apple seems fixated on using these devices with one hand, but only if a phone's built-in. They seem to be clueless at how many people are using them to make FaceTime, Skype, and other VOIP calls everyday using the cellular radios already built-in to many of the iPads sold. So what's with restricting the capabilities? Is it to force people who want a pad and a phone to...
The 5/5s/5c will all access Apple Pay with the Apple Watch. And it seems Apple Pay will work via the Internet, so that aspect of it may work without the Apple Watch. But frankly I think it's going to be moot. Most places most people shop will not b able to use Apple Pay for at least a year if not longer as the credit industry beat merchants over the head to upgrade. The one thing Apple has going for it is that it's customers are some of the wealthiest and most avid...
Yes and no, which is why my whole point with this line of debate is based solely on expressing my desire that I HOPE Apple does not forsake the 4" screen for those of us who prefer our phones on the smaller side. And while I can buy a 5s which will likely be perfectly serviceable for several more years, that doesn't address my desire to take advantage of the latest technology. Just like I would love it if my iPhone 4 could exploit Siri, and do FaceTime over cellular. So...
I'm sorry, but who here believes Steve Jobs had NOTHING to do with the Watch, or Apple Pay before he died? Plans for both things had to have been on the books for years, and some division was surely working on them well before Jobs died (iPod nano watch anyone?). The iPhone 6 is something else altogether, at least the size decision. Regardless if Jobs would have approved of these gargantuan phones or not, it was also likely heavily discussed around Apple, and being...
Yeah I was thinking about that. I don't want the watch per se, and I would only want it if it's actually water resistant from more than just sweat. But I'll need to know more about how it works. Right now, I carry my phone and a credit card, so I was thinking I could carry the watch in my pocket. But that seems like an expensive way to manage my credit cards, especially when NFC is not likely to be widespread for at least a year or two. And I think Apple Pay will work...
Typically speaking. However, my point is more to the fact that there might not be as big a rush for the larger phones as anticipated. Anecdotally, I know many people who don't want a bigger phone. Given that the 6, aside from the NFC antenna is mostly a performance boost in a much larger size, there might still be a significant demand for the 5s, especially at the lower price point. Then again, Samsung may have anticipated the consumer trend much more accurately than Apple...
Let's see. In order to continue using their services, on which I have become dependent, I must upgrade to their current product, or transition my needs to another platform. Hmmm. How about coercing? Either way, Apple is FORCING me to make a decision, if NOTHING else, by taking away my options. So there you go. We can parse semantics all day. Bottom line is, in order to continue using the Apple ecosystem of products and services, I must adapt to their current offerings...