or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

I agree with you. I don't think any Apple device that can't at least stream Apple Music from another device, won't be around much longer. The nano at least has bluetooth to provide that kind of functionality if Apple were to enable it. They probably need to eliminate the nano, bump up the Shuffle in price with greater storage, as well as a bluetooth radio at a minimum (if not wifi). I'd like to see them switch to a Lightning connector and Lightning EarPods. Wireless might...
The watch industry has been in decline for several years now, as the mobile phone has taken its place, even before the iPhone. Apple is COUNTING ON people who are not watch people buying an Watch. mstone is exactly who they were counting on to buy one, though they probably hoped he would get more utility out of it, and spread the word ... ;-) But I'd say they did their job pretty effectively otherwise.
$10-17K!Actually this is an interesting category, given Tim's strangely reflective footnote that the Edition would be available in a "very limited" offering. The watch is clearly intended to be exclusive, but it remains to be seen whether "limited" will be $500K watches, or 2 million. I'm also a little perplexed that considering the cost that all the Edition watches weren't manufactured first and sitting in a well guarded warehouse for immediate release to the wealthy...
haha, my thoughts exactly
I agree with this as well. It's a great way to get people into the Apple ecosystem, who are otherwise using a Samsung phone. What surprises me the most about the timing of this update is that they didn't wait until the 6S was released, and then released a 4.7" iPod Touch, which I'm sure gamers would love. The 4.7" screen is a long way from cannibalizing sales from the iPad mini. The 5.5" screen might create a dilemma, but it's still more portable for those for whom that's...
 I don't see any reason why the iPod Touch can't be paired to an Watch, or use Pay for that matter. The iPhone 5 can pair to an Watch, yet, it neither possess a Touch ID, nor an NFC chip. From what I've been able to discern, it's the A5 chip in the 4S and iPod Touch that limits them from it. Likewise, there's no reason not to offer it on the iPad platform, and eventually the Mac -- including Pay to allow online purchases through those devices, even if they can't make...
No, the shuffle is still a valuable item for many people, as a tiny portable device they can wear while working out, or running, etc. without having to strap a phone on their arm, or otherwise lug it around, or just get away from it for an hour. The nano is the way to offer additional storage. I see the Watch eventually replacing the nano at a similar price point, assuming Apple's continues to offer last years model at a reduced price the way they do with the iPhone. But...
I agree. But I guess Apple didn't want to introduce an option on the iPod Touch before they offered it on the iPhone. I doubt we'll see 256GB on the 6S now, but maybe the 7. 
What does that have to do with anything? There are iPads which aren't always connected with Touch ID. I have a 5S which does not have Pay and I don't know how I lived without Touch ID before it. So much so, that every time I pick up my iPad 3G, I press the home button and leave my finger there waiting for it to unlock, until I realize I have to enter my 4-digit code. It's frustrating enough that I'm contemplating upgrading to a new iPad with Touch ID even though my iPad...
You underestimate the importance of that convenience.I have a 5S which does not have Pay and I don't know how I lived without Touch ID before it. So much so, that every time I pick up my iPad 3G, I press the home button and leave my finger there waiting for it to unlock, until I realize I have to enter my 4-digit code. It's frustrating enough that I'm contemplating upgrading to a new iPad with Touch ID even though my iPad 3G is still perfectly functional and does...