or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

It's only pressure to buy if they force you to look at the watch in the first place.  I agree that having to book an appointment is a kind of "barrier", but this will only be initially. It's no more a barrier or pressure than going into a jewelry store and getting the sales clerk's attention, and receiving a pitch for a watch he wants to sell you. After the initial crush is over, booking an appointment will be moot. And frankly I see this as by-design: there are going to...
Oh I agree. It all depends on how Apple employees use this "sales tactic". It's like going to Radio Shack and being asked if you'd like 'some batteries with that'. Whether a customer perceives it as pressure or not, depends on what the employee does next after a polite "no". In this case, I'd say how soon after they start looking at the watch does an Apple employee start suggesting they help them reserve one online, and whether they follow up with how difficult these are...
I completely agree and have been saying that's what the 5C was engineered to do since it came out -- allow the 5S internals to be transplanted. I don't believe there will be NFC in the "free" 5SC. I doubt they are going to update 3 year old technology to use NFC, when it will be at least a another year before Pay sees wide adoption after the merchants complete the mandated POST replacements. But anything's possible. However, the "6C" is the real question ... I feel like...
For most isn't the Watch exactly what they want? ;-)
It does sound like there will be some subtle pressure to buy for anyone who does take up an employees time to mitigate that:
Not that they couldn't do this, but they would literally have to have every size and band combination they sell.I wonder if this prevents putting a stainless band on a sport watch for instance?However, one thing I would like to see as a potential customer is how easy it is to replace bands. Seems like it might be a more time consuming process than it otherwise appears. Perhaps at that volume a strain on a single demo watch mechanism?It does raise the question about selling...
Exactly. While this is a frivolous lawsuit, it has no true bearing on the customer. OSes will grow over time that's a given. Where I see this as a problem is when a device is sold that instantly limits a customer. The average user doesn't know from GB, or what that translates into vis a vis file sizes. All they know is their brand new 16GB iphone runs out of space just taking pictures and listening to music (oh and saving texts, which is a massive source of hidden...
I call mine "ignore", or sometimes if I forget to ignore, "self control."The biblical nature of this thread reminds me of a related event in my youth:I was attending a Summer educational program which sought to expose teenagers to philosophy and psychology courses not normally offered during the regular curriculum. The philosophy class explored a pretty basic question -- 'what if there were no God'. Not that there was no God, but, what if? Well there was a girl in the...
This has also been my experience. Nevertheless there are studies of sapphire glass vs. gorilla glass which show sapphire is more brittle. But I'm convinced they don't use glass because it's tougher in the applied use, they use it because it's cheaper. You're probably not going to find a sport watch under $200 with a saphire crystal. On the other hand you're not going to find a $350 watch without one, sport or otherwise. A quick look on Amazon and virtually every watch at...
Says the guy who insists he understands IPX7 after reading an entry about it on Wikipedia, and the rest of us are wrong.It's clear you cannot be reasoned with, and cite your pinion as fact, regardless of what other evidence is presented, nor whomever else agrees with me, or otherwise opposes your position.So now you're just being abusive. Best to agree to disagree, and move on.