or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

This logic works with Pay to you know.
Who says a round watch is supposed to remind you of a higher end mechanical watch? It's just a different shape for crying out loud. What is a square mechanical watch supposed to remind you of?  You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but using a poorly lit photograph to illustrate your point demonstrates your obvious unapologetic bias. I've seen numerous smartwatches in public, and depending on the light, the backlit display is either clearly visible or it's not --...
Wow. I'm the first to say Steve Jobs didn't originate "Just One More Thing", but Swatch is really delusional here. Especially with their "Tick Different" trademark.   Moreover, Columbo's use was in the context of asking one more devastating question, after weakening his suspect with a bunch of irritating softball questions. Is that really what Swatch is planning to do, or are they planning on introducing big new features -- the context with which Jobs used it.
I'm also a big fan of "active sitting" and the Swopper Chair.Frankly, I don't get the logic behind buying an Watch primarily to remind you to stand. I've been using an app on my work computer which reminds me to look away from the screen every 20 min. There are similar apps for standing. I have a standing desk so this is not really an issue for me. If anything I need to remember to sit. It seems to me if someone is concerned about sitting too long at work, their computer...
First, I made this comment with respect to the ongoing debate as to whether Apple will make future generations of the watch incompatible with the original bands. And my position on this is that Apple will do anything it wants if the design warrants it. Not that they will or won't. Those that suggest Apple won't make them incompatible because it would upset customers I feel are generally the same one's who think Apple will make the existing watch upgradable because of the...
Well if true this would be a good reason why the current bands might not fit 2nd generation watches depending on what's involved.
It's hilarious because the use of the word "critical" is usually applied in professional situations -- "it's critical to get the engine tolerances perfect or there will be a catastrophic accident", not "it's critical Mom's shoes match her bag or she gets upset".  I have held them and felt the difference between the two. The Sport case at 30g weighs 20g less than the Stainless Steel at 50g. Negligible but still noticeable in a side by side comparison. And presumably most of...
This is a hilarious comment. "Sport" is clearly a marketing term for "entry level". If weight were so critical, how is it after shaving off the tiniest fractions of a gram by using Gorilla Glass instead of Sapphire, and Aluminum instead of Stainless steel, do they give it a band that weighs more than the Milanese Loop, or even the Stainless Steel Watch itself? 
I agree it's not bad looking at all. It's very similar to the Watch design in fact. Many similarities. I'd like to see them side-by-side actually to see how significant the differences in size. I'd also be curious about the battery life. But if Apple offered that Fossile design as a model, I'd consider buying it.But you're right, technology has come a long way in 10 years. Nobody is saying Fossil is Apple, but they certainly aren't un-familiar with smart watches, nor...
This is certainly one of the few legitimate concerns for not allowing custom watch faces bought through the Apple Store. Of course that has nothing to do with a user supplying his own custom artwork with a watch face construction kit, and that's more to the point here than commercially available watch faces.On the other hand, Apple should have limited liability for what a vendor sells on its website, so I would think shutting down the sales and pushing the responsibility...