or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

I'd have to go with the solid gold Edition. The Man With the Golden Gun really made an impression on me as a kid.
Apple has never sold a red-colored product that wasn't part of (RED). Now we have a red Sport band that implies the wearer donated money to (RED). Likewise for the Edition Red Modern Buckle given to Drake and Katy Perry. Again, considering Apple has never sold a red product that didn't contribute money to (RED) the implication is that's what it represents, which is especially egregious since that watch represents the most expensive product Apple has ever sold, but despite...
Right, this made me realize that the closest thing Apple has done to this in the past is the iMac. It started out in Bondi blue, but every update resulted in multi-colors, elite options, and wild patterns. It truly was like a clothing designer updating a staple shirt every season. And I know some fashionable businesses whose trade is based on how their clients perceive them, and would update their iMacs accordingly with every new model Apple released. It also had the...
Unfortunately, the only way to do that is with the band. Otherwise the watch itself is identical to everyone else's unless you're one of the few who can spend 50x more than everybody else to get a gold one. Apple has stepped off into the world of fashion, and as such, I would totally expect that the virtual rainbow of sport band colors will find their way into the marketplace, with new colors being released every season. It won't be any different than the...
Are you kidding? This is just the beginning. Apple has taken a giant step into a completely different sandbox from where they started. And unless Apple completely redefines the fashion industry, this kind of thing will continue as they compete for prestige and acceptance by the fashion elite. Fashion is defined by seasons and Apple will likely take steps to keep up with it, ensuring not only that their watch is technologically up to date, but on the cutting edge of fashion...
It's a subtle distinction at best. However, Apple could have done worse in marketing their $17,000 watch as donating a portion of the proceeds to RED in the process. 
It is the only way they have been producing red colored products since Project RED was launched. To change it now is confusing to say the least, especially when it's with the most (artificially) expensive product they've ever sold. I personally think it sends the wrong message.
If it is a product RED offering, It sends kind of conflicting message with the Edition Red Modern Buckle (and coordinating digital crown button). Seems like the color red would be uniform across all products, as it otherwise is. It kind of makes that Edition watch seem hypocritical -- it's the most expensive thing Apple has ever sold, yet it uses the signature RED charity color, but gives none of the proceeds to it. But all these non-standard bands being given away...
 They keep leaving out Katy Perry's watch. Who doesn't like Katy Perry. ;-) Looks like Abrams also got the Edition. But that band, and Lagerfeld's are likely to turn up this Fall with the rest of the holiday updates. They get the stuff Apple left out of the launch, as it makes the gift that much more exclusive and unique. And then eventually people will be able to buy the band that JJ Abrams wears.