or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

I would go so far as to say the digital "smart" watch has been traditionally square from the beginning, starting with the first LED watches in the 70s. Who knows why. Since then square has typicaly been associated with digital and smart watches, and has also taken on a bit of a tech-geek reputation. Apple pretty much went down the path most travelled as far as the square shape. And it that sense it was brave considering how most square digital watches have been perceived...
So why then even offer a traditional round watch face at all? That's just tradition of how we kept track of time before the digital era. Nothing is easier than wondering what time it is and having a display tell you exactly using numbers, without having to look for hand positions as they relate to a round representation of time inside a square case.And since when has any Android licensee gotten anything right, much less the first time out of the box?
If Apple isn't competing with luxury watches, why charge $17K for the identical device in gold?You keep changing this mantra of yours that the Android-based watches are trying to pass themselves off as luxury watches. Has one of these companies officially stated that? You can buy a $100 Fossil that looks like a luxury watch, but that doesn't make it so, nor does it mean Fossil had any intention of competing with luxury brands.
 Exactly. People want what they want. Jony Ive has already acknowledged this with respect to wearables. If someone can devise a round watch UI that doesn't compromise the information people want from it, then there's no reason not to wear one. Moreover, Watch is a fashion item as Apple has laboriously highlighted in its marketing. Many fashion items, including clothing are often incredibly impractical, yet it doesn't stop them from being widely worn. Frankly, I just don't...
Ah yes. In real life an Android watch is so bright you can't even see it, based on your photos. I realize you have a fanatical bias against round smartwatches, but at least be honest with your presentation. Even Apple uses renders in their marketing. And certainly a candid photo can make any backlit display look just as bad as the ones in these photos you posted. And you also realize there's a huge market for rolex-like watches? Every major watchmaker has a similar model....
No doubt pairing with an iPad would have limited usefulness to a device like the Watch, when contemplating all of its features, but ultimately how useful such a pairing would be depends on the users needs. The Watch can already do a whole bunch of things without an iPhone: Tell Time, provide alarms and reminders, Provide a map and directions, track fitness, play music, Pay, and check some notifications at the local Starbucks where you once used your phone. With the...
And that's the only reason why I'd debate that most people are not like you -- it costs money to upgrade a phone every 2 years, unless you buy the free phone. And it costs a lot more money to add storage, let alone the maximum amount offered. And most people are on a tight budget. There's far less of the Middle Class than there used to be, and growing less every year. It's pointless to debate without some actual data in front of us, but while I see your point about habit...
It depends on your needs. I saw the 5S that way until I finally got one. There's nothing like Touch ID, and I'm not sure ow I lived without it now. However, most people didn't know they needed it, or even what it was exactly. In the end, it all comes down to pricing for me. If Mark Gurman's latest rumor pans out (below), then I think those features are not necessarily compelling to most, not to suffer some cannibalization from a $100 cheaper 6 Plus in particular:$450 --...
Again I don't disagree. The only question I would ask is whether the customer has enough education to make these decisions. Yeah, more is more. But it's relative to how someone will use it. People who bought PowerBooks in the 90s knew more about them than those who buy iPhones today. Only a small percentage had a laptop in the 90s, everyone has a cellphone today. Besides, it's one thing to buy a "free" 5C with 16GB, but it's quite another to run into essentially the same...
And I thought you were backing Mark Gurman's latest rumor:$450 -- 5S$549 -- 6$649 -- 6 Plus$649 -- 6S$749 -- 6S PlusSo, for the same price as the new 6S, you can get a 6 Plus. For an extra $100 you can have a 6 Plus with 64GB, compared to the new 6S Plus with only 16GB for the same price.