or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Exactly. The ONLY way other phone makers could distinguish themselves from the iPhone was until last year, producing gigantic "phablets" catering to what was a niche phone market. Now that Apple has blown Android phablets out of the water, Android phones may well try to recapture the market. And clearly the bigger the phone, the more necessary crap you can squeeze into it. The 6 Plus is a perfect example... it's not just a premium phone because it has a larger screen, it...
You have no idea how the iPhone is made. It's a matter of scaling the current model. Block of aluminum. Computer controlling milling and lathe. No new holds, no expensive dies. This is the 21st century and Apple is on the cutting edge. They upload the new cad designs to the computers controlling the 5S milling process, and simply change the shape of what they are currently producing. It would be a lot more expensive to create brand new plastic molds, and metal...
This is why you have no idea what you are talking about. They are ALREADY making a metal phone they are selling for $99. It's called the iPhone 5S. Your arguments have no credibility.
You have no idea what you're talking about. The design already exists, all they have to do is scale it, which is a simple matter for their precision controlled equipment. They still have to reconfigure all of the components no matter what the case is made out of. This is the reason the 5S can most likely be easily transplanted into the 5C. Milling smaller 6 cases is not a problem as they already have a plant dedicated to doing this for the 5S which will be sitting idle if...
I think you're right. It won't be premium, but it will have most of the current feature set of the latest design. I suspect the 6 mini will share the same processor and basic feature sets as the 6S. So if it had been released along side the 6 & 6 Plus, it would have had NFC Pay, but perhaps not the latest camera, just like the 6 doesn't have the impressive camera the 6 Plus does. Apple is saving a fair amount between the retina screen sizes, so they just have to trim...
But this is EXACTLY what they did with the 5C. They re-enginered the 5 to replace it as the mid-tier offering. What is being suggested here is no different than that. The 6 will be re-engineered and offered as a 6 mini. And it's not such a major redesign, just shrinking the same design down (a size into which everything fit only last year). The 5S will be transplanted into the 5C case so every iPhone will have Touch ID. When the 7 comes out the 6 mini will become the new...
Yes. I've been saying this since day one.FREE -- 5S will be transplanted into the 5C plastic case (the 5C was engineered for this)$99 -- 6 mini (introduced in the same mid-tier as the 5C originally)$199 -- 6S$299 -- 6PlusI don't expect the "mini" to be significantly more than the current 6 capability-wise. It's not necessary, as the 5S is still selling well. Screen size is enough to set the tiers apart, but it may well have other limitations compared to the 6S, just as...
The Watch may have better build quality, but just looking at that fat profile in the photo used in the article, doesn't make me want to even try it on. Many have said it doesn't wear that bulky, so I will take its appearance as being un-photogenic. But Apple really should avoid photographing it this way for marketing purposes.
I'm stymied by this too. Target will currently only accept Pay online. And since that's where PayPay is most commonly used, I have to assume all of that is included in these figures. I downloaded the PayPal app since I don't have an iPhone 6, and wanted a mobile payment method ... But I can't figure out how to use it, and there seems to be a lack of merchants who accept it. So if they are counting brick and mortar POST payments, I can only imagine this is a small...
I'm glad you  brought that up ... chip & pin is not being used in every country around the world. I would bet half the reason magnetic stipe readers still exist in Europe along side chip&pin is in no small part because of the US, and other countries. If a US tourist visits Europe, they won't be able to use their credit cards if there were no magnetic swipe. Even if the change in the US happens quickly, unless the entire world switches within a year of the US, there is...