or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Not likely humbling. But I doubt it will match relative levels of sales compared to the iPhone and iPad launch. They will sell out, but after the initial hype dies, I doubt it will sustain similar volume as their other devices.Either way I would gladly pay $350 for a true Sport watch that is fully water proof that does everything else the Apple Watch does. But so far I'm hearing it's merely water resistant, which means I may be good if I sweat on it, but not so much if I...
The Watch is pretty much Apple's "dongle. And yes it's a lot more expensive than $20. Doing a quick internet search the ATT & Verizon Isis Incipio iPhone case (which works with the 4-5S) looks like it retailed for around $70. That's still a lot less than $400, even if Apple charged $100 for it. Besides, Apple sells overpriced dongles for just about every device it makes to make them compatible with the rest of the world, so I'm not sure why this is any different. The...
I wouldn't carry one of those things if you paid me.A phone's a phone, a tablet's a tablet. Unless every mini owner has also recently upgraded to an iPhone 6 Plus phablet, then I don't see the correlation. While I may never buy a mini, I can imagine using one instead. But I can't imagine going any smaller to read the news with my morning coffee, any more than I'd want anything bigger to carry around with me to make phone calls on then my iPhone 5S.
I guess it's too much to hope for that they will get rid of the ridiculous animated-looking graphics? I mean it looks like Friz Freeling designed the whole look of it. It's really sad, with retina displays on almost all of the devices, and the look and feel is flat and neon-colored cartoon graphics, with no depth or detail to help differentiate layers, and buttons.
But why wouldn't Apple license the technology? The hardware already existed, but as far as I can tell as soon as Pay came out the Incipio CashWrap for iPhone was discontinued, and Isis/SoftCard dropped support for the iPhone, just after their spokesmen said Apple was working with them to bring SoftCard to the iPhone. So somebody's blocking somebody. Why would the SoftCard folks want to turn their backs on the tens of millions of iPhones that don't have built-in NFC just...
I'm thrilled to see US Bank on the list, when just last week the teller manager at my branch was telling me she had never heard of Pay. LOL   But, I have an iPhone 5S and an iPad 3. So Pay will not be on my agenda this holiday shopping season.   That said, in the interim, is there any way to use an external NFC Antenna case like the Isis powered Incipio CashWrap or DeviceFidelity with Pay, or is Apple blocking external solutions like that from using Pay?   I have...
So I downloaded Google Wallet -- are they kidding with that? So it works like PayPal? You have to carry a balance in a Google Accunt in order to use it without fees?They seriously want to charge you a minimum of $.30 per credit card transactions for instant transfers. Bank transfers are free but take two days!?!That's ridiculous. So does CurrentC a work the same way? Do they charge consumers a fee per credit card transaction!?!Wow. NOW I finally understand.If that weren't...
Nah that's fine too. Thanks for suggesting it. I have a credit card with US bank that doesn't support Apple Pay anyway, which I primarily use for online transactions as it is, tied to a minimum balance bank account. It's amazing the US bank branch I use had never heard of Apple Pay as of last week, while the Wells Fargo across the street is offering $50 to encourage customers to use it!So if Google or CurrentC get hacked, I'm not concerned either way. I just want to be...
Of course that makes sense. Sorry, not inking that through. So that means they don't take Google Wallet either then?
My mother. Who is not a moron ... But is so usèd to using her iPad, that she routinely tries to touch her MacBook in certain situations to close windows, select items, etc. and I have to admit I've been tempted to touch a few things myself.Would a limited touch implementation of touch on OS X be so bad? They would just have to code in a touch layer designed to enhance certain track pad activities. The ability to grab and move by touching for instance. Close windows, open...