or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Or gopro. Looks like it supports all but the most popular size for sports 960p: http://gopro.com/support/articles/resolutions-supported-by-app-preview-ios-and-android-os At least it doesn't support it on my iPad 3 and iOS 6. The fact GoPro says its supported suggests iOS should support it, perhaps iOS 7, or iPhone 5s and new iPads. And I did check Apple Support for this, but simply searching for 960p produced no results with respect to iOS, iPad nor...
Anybody know what the maximum setting iOS will support for video preview from the gopro? Just encountered this problem with my gopro 3, which has a slower transfer rate (which I thought was responsible for not being able to play my videos). That I for would be helpful in an article like this, rather than just "some video may not be supported".
Yup. There are some notable regular posters on this forum who are embarrassingly biased in their views. It's unbelievable how passionately people debated the quality and rationale behind the original mini's display, specifically in support of every decision Apple made, and how unnecessary the Retina display was because of the compacted size and resulting pixel density, making it superior to the iPad 2.Turns out they were wrong and everyone else that got beaten into...
It would be if you were a travel agent preparing a budget for your client.The bigger question I have is, why are they advertising it as "not just a laptop" when it looks just like a laptop, and shows none of the reasons it's not. Shouldn't the ad read, "it's not just a tablet"?
RIDICULOUS NAME. The iPad Ar weighs 1.00 pound. The iPad 2 weighs 1.33 pounds. Wow. The latest model practically floats off the table. Seriously why didn't they just keep the name iPad? This is as bad as the iPhone 5c, which is just an iPhone 5 in a plastic case. Why change the name? Ridiculous.
I've been saying this ever since they introduced the 5. I like my 3.5" 4 screen. 3" would be even better, or at least a shorter form factor (put the home button the back, and embed the earpiece in the screen for instance).   And there's no reason whatsoever not to sell a larger phone if there's a market for it.  Where are the studies that show people don't want smaller or larger phones? Not that Apple listens to them anyway, then again, they just felt like now was the time...
I'm not following the re-gifting option. So a user can accept the book, then sell it to someone else after they read it, either as a gift, or a purchase? Obviously they would have to pay for it as a gift, and would it be the full price? Surely they would receive a piece of the pie, if they give or sell it to some else in the form of a discount? Otherwise they're just paying for the book twice. Why give it up at all? Just gift a separate copy to their friend.
One could argue, as I'm about to that Apple has never done anything original. Virtually all of their products already existed in some form long before Apple took them on. Even the Lisa/Macintosh was released as a commercial product by Xerox before Apple got around to it.Arguably what Apple does is take a concept others have been fumbling with and streamline it, and make it a commercial reality, while making them a cultural icon along the way. Pointing to concepts is a...
I hate to say this, because Apple constantly does these things I think they wont, but Apple's not going to do anything like the Surface keyboard unless they can do something revolutionary with it. Third parties already make great keyboards for the iPad. For Apple to be perceived as copying the Surface, which isn't even selling well, they had better blow the Surface out of the water. How about a flexible dual screen extension with a virtual keyboard built in and maximize...
Well if he's a stock holder, it's every bit his business. Apple is not yet Tim Cook's private company to do with as he pleases. Besides, I don't see the 5c increasing profitability yet. They still had to pay R&D and build a factory and hire employees to make it, and I don't see any evidence that the 5/5s combo wouldn't have sold just as many units as the 5c/5s, if not MORE. The 5 is a much more attractive phone than the 5s. I suspect people who didn't want to spend more...