or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Agreed. What about unlocking and starting the car?
Bill Maher got it about right:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaYiYhTBg30   "Siri, I think there's something wrong with my heart"   Siri: "OK, I've found three theaters showing Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2"   Haha
You PAY for Spotify, which most people don't, including me. That's exactly what Apple is asking for, for Spotify's customers to pay for the service so than can compete on an even playing field. If you pay for something and are provided a service that a provider can offer via deals leveraged with the record labels and publishers, Apple can't really take issue with it.  Apple could offer the exact same thing, if they wanted to go the ad based route. Not sure why they are so...
Not really. According to the vice president of risk management policy for the American Bankers Association, in terms of rollout, they expect about 50 percent of banks and retailers to be completely transitioned over. The estimates are that by the end of 2015, approximately 70 percent of credit cards and 40 percent of debit cards in the U.S. --1.1 billion cards total -- will support EMV. There's going to be varied customer experiences over the first year, year-and-a-half of...
Im not sure comparing it to Starbucks is the way to go, as Starbucks greatly over-expanded, and had to shutter a number of stores a few years ago. However, radio Shack has this too, and would make a quick and easy investment for any tech company looking to expand. They had 4100 stores, down to about 1700 now owned by a hedge fund, Standard General, of which 1440 will be co-branded with Sprint ... All for $21 million. Hard to imagine some Apple competitor didn't see that as...
Right, but are the chip readers built into those POSTs, or is there some add on equipment for those credit cards, once such cards actually start getting issued in any significant numbers, which I assume will be closer to October 15. I just had a Capital One credit card replaced last month (expiring 2018) which did not have a chip embedded into it, which I thought was quite strange so close to the October deadline.EDIT: Oh I see, the chip card reader is on the underside of...
While that can be a big component of local radio, especially smaller station, let's get real -- the business of radio is almost entirely driven by lobbyists from the record labels, and music publishers.  But, to the extent that Spotify and other services can be construed as music on demand, most people I know don't use it that way. Most will go to YouTube to look up a specific song they want. I'd say 99% of the people I know listen to playlists on Spotify, most of which...
Yeah, I was surprised about that too. Probably something they will just add to them the night before, when they implement the new systems. My local Trader Joe's only got the new POSTs last month, and I was disappointed to see they were the same "spongy" type keys that they have at the Ralph's grocery chain. Pressing the buttons feels very unsteady. But that will be a thing of the past with Pay, so now I'm much happier! I wonder when Ralph's will get around to accepting...
Oh that's why they switched to those horrible new POSTs haha
yes. good point. Otherwise it's the same model. However, many radio stations can be streamed and songs repeated, and skipped over. Though the listener isn't selecting the playlist as they do in Spotify. However, in the absence of signal neither can be accessed, making good old downloads, king. Nevertheless, everything is moving toward customizable streaming, so the industry needs to address, as it supplants traditional downloads. But Google and YouTube will have to be...