or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Again, the apologists say most people won't hold the iPhone 6 plus up to their head, but use headphones, Bluetooth, speaker, etc. if this is in fact the case, then why not enable the software in the iPads to make and receive calls as well? The hardware is all there as far as I know. Why not make it an option for those who want it?I certainly don't. In fact I'm getting a 5s to upgrade my 4. But I've read about many mini owners asking for it, here and elsewhere, and some...
If I had to get a case, I like the incipio stowaway as it allows me to carry my ID. Together with Apple Pay, I have everything in one small package for which I now have to carry a wallet and phone. If I get those smart locks for my doors, I won't even need to carry keys anymore.
Now that I see the 6 Plus next to the iPad mini and VoIP , VoLTE, et al are enabled, why can't the iPads be used as phones? Besides Apples arbitrary decision to dictate the size of a device they manufacture that can be used as a phone. It seems to allow LTE voice calls, one MUST be able to use the device hands free. I just don't get it. Now that Apple has jumped the shark with the 6 Plus, why have any restrictions now on what can be used as a phone? If it has an LTE...
I wonder in particular how prone the 6 series will be to snapping in half. Being so thin with so much surface area to torque, I can imagine sliding a 6 plus in a tight front or back pocket, sitting down quickly and splitting that phone in two, possibly with injury to the person.
I have had the original iPhone, the 3GS, and the 4s. I have never had a case on any them. Aside from a few scratches and a few dings and chips, they are all as good as new.The ONLY time I put them into a case is when I take them into the wild, and then they go into a waterproof case, mainly so I can use them in the water. I have a gopro style mount for the case and with such extreme use, accidents will happen.I'm going to get a 5s, and won't be getting a case for it,...
A great way to make big phones even bigger.
I'll try on my third gen at work where we have a separate subnet for wifi than we do for Ethernet. That's where I really need direct streaming. Currently a client has to plug into the Ethernet network and log into it to see the Apple TV, which automatically cuts out all iOS devices which foolishly have no Ethernet options. If ATV allows direct streaming from a Mac or an iOS devices, then I can truly cut the cords at work, and clients don't have to transfer their media...
I am a little surprised that iOS 8 doesn't work on the 4. But it's to be expected based on their pattern of dropping support for previous models of iPhones. I just thought this might be an exception because I don't recall the differences being that great between the 4 & 4S and Apple continued to sell the 4 in certain markets.The 3GS is a silly comment, since the 3GS doesn't even support iOS 7. I'd love to see the Apple product where they drop support and then return...
So no direct streaming over airplay as anticipated? You still have to log onto the same network?
When Microsoft inevitably copies the "phablet" phone next year , they will remedy this by adding a kickstand thanks to your comment.