or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

How will Apple Pay work at bars and restaurants? I assume they will bring the antenna to the customer? Wireless pay solutions will be a significant investment for such businesses I'd think. But I'm sure Apple will offer a solution, iPay anyone?
Yes, THIS. I can barely see my iPhone in bright sunlight to unlock it. The Sport watch will undoubtably be used outside extensively.And while I'm at it, why skimp on the glass for the sport model? They are surely going to sell the majority of those, and that's exactly the model that's going to have the bezel impacted the most.
With Apple Pay and Apple Watch, I hope we're seeing the end of products labeled "i"-something.
So we can expect hear more comments of: "is that your iPhone 6 Plus, or are you just happy to see me?"Maybe that's why Apple hired all those fashion people -- to influence design trends so people won't blink at buying a ridiculously huge phone with no practical way to carry it.
And it will hopefully be thinner too ... way too bulky as it is now.
You've seen the 6 next to the 5S, right? It's height AND width. And you put your finger on it with the 4 ... we're comparing it to the 5, but I'm going from a 4 ... so it's really a big difference for what I'm used to and what I'd prefer out of a mobile device on the go ... it's a little thinner, but let's face it, all they did was add an antenna and a chip, and previous components have surely shrunk since the original 5. The Plus should be ridiculously spacious...
Has anyone seen this in sunlight? How bright is the display? Will you have to shade the watch in order to see the time outside? Is the watch dial lit all the time? Or do you have to press a button to see anything on the display?
I'm not one to say what Steve Jobs would or wouldn't do, but I do wonder if he would have approved this watch at its current bulk, or said to wait a year until they can get it slimmer. I think Apple had to release the iWatch now to fit with their iPhone 6 marketing plan. What better way to sell watches than to offer a revolutionary payment system through it as the only option for the iPhone 5 series which accounts for the largest installed base of iPhone users? It also...
I'm kind of surprised Apple didn't introduce inductive charging with the iPhone. After all, there's no real reason to plug in a lightning cable to an iPhone anymore for regular use. Maybe the 6s ...
I'm no better at looking into a crystal ball, but I don't believe this for a minute. If it were we would have seen chip and pin rolled out in this country years ago. Apple has a large installed based, but only the iPhone 6 users are really going to have his for the first year, and that's a tiny fraction of the installed base who will physically have the phones (and watches) and who will actually trust/use this technology. Higher end merchants will want to cater to this...