or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Apple's Official Guidelines
I know Apple wants everybody to use Pay, but they really should have some minimal standards of whom they allow to participate. You can be sure that no customers paid for their Edition Watch with a Discover card. ;-)
People are still buying Watches at Maxfield on Sunday. One guy arrived at 9AM and walked out with a Sport at 2PM. So they either have a ton of watches to manage 3 days straight of steady sales, or demand is not that high at the only store in North America that you can walk into and buy one. And LA has over 10 million people...
Looks like it failed the drop test https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fwqANb9Acg   The Stainless Steel Sapphire Crystal survives the same test just fine:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkQ-1WgWN1s&feature=youtu.be   Reports of Ceramic backs scratching too.   So that settles that ... Sapphire is much better crystal, less likely to scratch and break. Definitely worth the extra money. 
Sounds like Maxfields is a total fiasco. They stopped selling it yesterday an hour before they closed, turning away customers who had been in line since 9AM. But they still have inventory today and are selling again to customers lined up around the block. There are reports of "mobster" types cutting line and being allowed multiple re-entry to purchase additional watches, because they are familiar with the sales staff. These same guys are scalping right on the sidewalk...
I'm not sure that's as secure as you think ... looking at the video, when he lifted the plastic lid straight off the bottom, he found the watch askew, out of the groove ... unless the top groove is significantly deeper and has a tighter grip on the watch so that it pulled up and out of the bottom groove, before dropping back down where it was revealed.
Interesting then that the Edition does not come with a matching gold charger then. The pictures I have seen of the leather box/charger appear to be silver. For the money, that would have been a nice touch.
Exactly. I'm eagerly looking forward to the teardown to see just how substantial the water-resistance measures are ... I'm hardly banking on the results of this one "test" for my own water-related use.
Those people at Mayfield LA are going to be disappointed, as they require an appointment for the opportunity to purchase a watch.
Interesting, I'd say that the Watch looks superficially like any rectangular traditional watch I've ever seen. And Ive is right, the functionality and capabilities of the watch doesn't make sense to compare to a traditional watch because the Watch can do so much more. Jony Ive also said that as soon as the customer wears something, they have the expectation of choice. It's clear he wasn't referring just to size and color since Apple already offers those options, so no...