or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Not surprising. But how do we know? Are Apple employees guiding customers to a computer in store, or assisting them with doing it on their iPhones? Or are they just saying they are going to pre-order? BTW, I don't think the picture with the Rolex side by side with the watch do it any favors.
I agree with you. While I'm certain Apple took an impressive amount of preorders, those won't all translate to sales, though I've no doubt those will be impressive too.The issue of people double ordering watches to make sure they get the correct size on April 24th is a real wild card for me. While many here think this is a minor issue, I'm not so sure after discovering a thread dedicated to this practice on MacRumors, and numerous references around the web.But the fact...
Not if you do it right. Keep in mind there are three generations of iPhone 5 that stand on edge just fine that work with the Watch too.  All I know is Apple created this app for the watch, and Jony Ive and the development team love looking at photos on the watch. http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/02/23/shape-things-come
Well I'll tell you one thing, it will certainly take the confusion out of giving your phone to someone else to take your photo -- they just have to generally frame the photo, and you can not only confirm they've got the right shot, but you can take the picture for them. 
 And that's what I think. Anything that has significant lists or options requiring a person to scroll through is going to be much easier to accomplish by pulling the iPhone out. I'm guessing after people really start using it, that the most effective watch screens will adapt more to this concept for quickly selecting something from a list.   I'll freely admit I'm in over my head here and do not completely follow you. I'll need to do some self-educating before further...
Gotcha, and while all that is infinitely practical and makes for a perfectly logical reason for them to stick to a rectangular design for an unproven product, at the end of the day, is Apple making just a smart watch? Or are they making fashion statement? The additional cost necessary to create an elegant round wrist device is no more complex than what Swiss watchmakers have been doing for years, often with equal or greater precision than Apple's standards. Surely if Apple...
 Well you're guessing on how Apple intends to present scrollable lists. If you have 30 people in your contacts that start with an "S", is the watch just not going to show them to you? Granted I'd agree refreshing a whole screen takes more power than scrolling, but depending on the draw versus tediously scrolling up and down the list with the backlight on, I'd say the trade off is in the experience. In which manner is the data most efficiently presented in a "glance" on...
I'm actually split on this issue. On the one hand, people who wear watches are used to a complicated interface, particularly if they have a watch with many "complications". I know I recently pulled out my Citizen chronograph, and for the life of me, I can't remember which button does what. So in that sense, Apple has definitely improved upon the interface. I mean seriously, how is somebody supposed to figure this out without an engineering degree?   That said, in...
I'm happy to concede this if it's true, but lets look at the facts -- Apple machines a block of metal into any shape they want. Wouldn't square corners be a lot easier to manufacture than the rounded ones? Considering virtually every product Apple sells begins like as a block of aluminum on a lathe, I'd venture to say it doesn't matter if the computer carves out a round or square shape, especially since they recycle all of that metal anyway. Apple wants rounded corners as...
I'm happy to concede any practical consideration for choosing square over round for the initial product launch, and I've agreed processing power and battery concerns are a good one in this case. I don't agree that smart watch functions need to select items from a scrollable list. In the same way the iPhone doesn't simply mimic OS X, and there are unique ways of accessing information on an iPhone than from a desktop -- the watch has it's own unique interface ... and...