or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Interesting. I'd be curious to know why the estimates were so off. Is it because they need a better algorithm for managing orders, were they just really conservative, or is it outside influences such as canceling one of a double order after the customer got a chance to see it in the store, or did their manufacturing abilities surprise them when they ramped up to full production? 
I was just walking back to work carrying my lunch in one hand, and was checking my 5S with the other. Forget how tiny a watch screen would be, or the need to use Siri, it would be really difficult to navigate without both hands free. I suppose a clever use of Siri and your nose might get you around that, but why? There's a place for one-handed phone use, and the 5S is the last practical option for that at the moment.
Exactly. Here's the thing ... other than eliminate lines outside the Apple Stores, the pre-orders were no different than any other Apple launch -- it was the same lottery system essentially. But here's the difference, Apple has stated they are intentionally trying to make this experience different than other product launches, stating the product requires a more personal touch, and rightfully so -- people are going to wear this product, they need to see it on themselves...
Based on their previous effort in this regard, the 5C got some upgrades over the 5, but no new functionality. Unless they future proofed the 5S to accept an NFC chip and antenna, then I don't expect it will get one if it requires any major reengineering as it goes into the existing 5C plastic case which was likely engineered to transition the 5S into the free phone when the time came.  Pay is not a serious concern for Apple until at least the Fall of 2016 when all the...
I agree this is troublesome. I love the idea of a single port that allows one to plug into an Apple Display with a full port expansion going immediately from desktop to laptop and vice versa. It hasn't been this easy since my Duo 280c. But why not put in a second port? The idea that I can't plug in an external hard drive (especially considering the limited storage), and plug into power at the same time without a special dongle, or hub is ridiculous. Likewise for the...
History has shown us that Apple makes major changes after each new product category release within a year of their launch. The first gen iPhone and iPad are key examples. So even if Apple adopts a two-year hardware tech cycle to match the other iOS devices, there should be a major update next year. It's an opportunity to address things they wanted to implement on the 1G, but ran out of time. Given the lead time on developing a product, Apple has already been working on the...
Are you suggesting that you know everything you wanted to know about the Watch from Apple's official spec sheets? I wanna know what makes this thing tic (pun intended). I can't wait to find out how it's put together, and how scratch resistant it is, or what happens when you submerge it into water in a real world situation, etc ...
So clearly they are holding back some stock. I'm wondering how soon iFix it and others will have theirs so they can start the tear down process, and drop tests so we can start getting some real answers ...
Of course ... It's in its DNA going back to Steve Jobs walking around department stores looking at Krups food processors and the like for computer design ideas, to say nothing of wanting to chrome plate the inside of the Apple II. But there's a difference from being fashionable and stylish, and being IN the fashion business, which revolves around seasonal trends and caters to customer's clothing and outfit needs. What I'm saying is that Apple, at least with the watch, is...
You can have that now. Just strap on the stainless link band to the edition. ;-)Apple will eventually do all of this. They are a fashion company now and will have designers creating a new collection of bands every season. Jony Ive has already told us this with his 'customer's expectation of choice' statement. There's only so much Apple can do with a black glass-faced watch -- square and round, and that's about it. So the bands will become the means of individual customer...