or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Why do you care? What's the point?Tim Cook has already said Apple made a mistake, and tacitly admitted with a milquetoast public apology that Apple's Maps is not as Good as Google's web app by suggesting users use it as a result of their dissatisfaction with Apple's own.There is no point in spending any more time defending Apple on this matter. Tim Cook did not have the brass to stand up to the media criticism, and now everyone from the media to its competitors and their...
That is not the point. Apple is under attack. We defend Apple because we believe in the product, and because we are right. When Apple writes an apology letter, no matter how carefully worded, that actually suggests customers use somebody else's App, it undermines all of the support we give them.In case you forgot he also said: "we strive to make world-class products that deliver the best experience possible to our customers. With the launch of our new Maps last week, we...
This review makes it all the more unbearable that Tim Cook was so quick on the draw with that spineless apology letter. This CR review of Maps is more or less even-handed and sums up my own personal experience. Aside from some strange landmark and business location data, really my only complaint is that traffic is not easily discerned, especially when driving. I've had absolutely no problems with directions, otherwise.
Whàt are you talking about!?Tim Cook, by not having a backbone to stand up to the storm the way Steve Jobs most likely would have, and writing this pansy-ass apology, is basically making yours, mine, and everybody else on this forums' and elsewhere, support and defense of Apple moot. He is throwing US under the train, NOT the customer.Apple should have never just bent over and taken it on this. Their position on Maps is 100% correct, and they have nothing to apologize for....
It sucks that Apple is throwing their supporters and defenders under the train like this.Totally wrong move Tim. Not sure you were the right guy after all ... Not enough brass where it counts. This is a big boy's game. It's good vs. evil. It's not about your next job ...
I absolutely hate playing the WWSD game. Jobs flip flopped numerous times on his positions at Apple, and for anyone to second guess what he would do in any situation is absolutely impossible.But I wholeheartedly agree with you that this is a far more likely response from Apple if Steve had been at the helm, based on previous actions, and would have been a far more effective response than this lame milquetoast reaction from Cook. In fact, it's so soft, I wonder what Cook is...
The second post down is the most obvious and intuitive.Apple had a year left to go on their license with Google Maps.They knew their map app was not up to their usual standards.Apple knows they have to offer competition in the App Store anyway.They should have put Apple Maps on the Home page by default install of iOS 6 and removed Google Maps, as it did. And then make the old iOS 5 Google-based Maps app available for download via the App Store, just like they did with...
THANK YOU!!
And once again, why does an "address" have to have a building on it? As long as there is a USPS authorized mail receptacle, they will deliver mail to an empty lot. How do I know this? Because I once built a house on a virgin lot, and a mailbox was put up before anything else and guess, what, the USPS delivered mail to an empty lot.315 E 15th Street is as valid an address for Stuyvesant Square as any other contained in that particular block. Just because the USPS won't...
Not really surprising. Blackberry and Nokia are dying platforms. Microsoft is taking too long to offer a new stable platform. Apple and Google offer the only compelling phones on the market with the only secure futures. So of course their market share increase as the dying platforms' customers jump ship. And the Google share is fragmented thanks to the multiple manufacturers, so those numbers will obviously fluctuate based on which company is introducing the hottest new...