or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

It's only monopolistic if they have a Monopoly, and they don't. Otherwise it's "healthy" competition as far as the government is concerned.I know it's widely believed that Amazon makes very little or no money on the Kindle, but is this true worldwide? Aren't there anti-dumping laws and other tariffs to prevent a foreign manufacturer from doing this and undercutting the competition? I know in the US it is totally legal, but outside the US? What does the Kindle sell for...
There is a time I would have thought this with 100% certainty. However now, the 4" transition is starting to feel definitely as though it falls in the "Me too" category.I can understand why some people might like a 16:9 larger screen. But I personally can't stand it. Despite Apple's claims, it is harder to operate with a single hand, and I have big hands, as my thumb can't access the entire screen without awkwardly shifting my hand position. A petite girlfriend of mine...
Yes, but will this apply to rumored Windows 8 smartphones built by Microsoft?
It's a poison pill. If the court rules to uphold the permanent sales injunction which Samsung wants to avoid, they can argue for a royalty payment based on the HTC terms. Then in the pending patent infringement litigation, Samsung will be forced to accept similar terms should the court find infringement on either party.
Frankly, I'd buy a refurbished iPad from Apple before I bought a new one from Best Buy. A 32GB refurbished iPad w/retina is going for $469. These deals are much better than most refurbished products I've seen at the Apple store and they are shipped in like new packaging, and of course qualify for the same 3-year ApleCare that new products do. Something goes wrong, Apple replaces it. Besides, it arguably only has a practical three year lifespan anyway. Why would anybody pay...
That's not what I'm saying at all. Every new iPad and iPhone has been released with significant new features. A faster more capable processor is the minimal advancement included in the release. The most important thing Apple brings with each new update is the iOS. So it is the FIRST iDevice (well second including the mini, which is nothing more than a shrunken iPad 2) Apple has released without an accompanying iOS update to support it. And I don't mean a 6.x update, I...
Actually depending on what you are using, a Jailbroken ATV will not allow you to upgrade. This is the case for me. I have been problem free and using features Apple should have included with ATV all along since I bought it. The ATV upgrades are usually not game changers, and by the time the jailbreak has caught up with the new update, all the bugs have been worked out by Apple.
Exactly. So why does AI keep showing a big clunky Apple Display as e prototype for an Apple TV? Aren't there any clever mock ups by now, like those of the iPad mini? At least use the new iMac!A look at any high end TV dealer and one will see, Apple won't have a lot of room to wow people with design alone. Samsung and Sony have some pretty slick ultra-thin giant screen panels that are the definition of minimalism and simplicity. Arguably, there's not much you can do with a...
Well, it's not quite like the iPhone 4S which offered considerably more than this iPad. So i appologize for besmirchng the 4S -- but considering Apples labeling system, they themselves are inviting the consumer to marginalize the "S" models, versus the major product revisions that come with a new number. they might as well label the iPhone 4, 4.1, 5, etc. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the latest iPad is still called "The New iPad", upgraded the processor, front camera, and...