or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

More importantly, Google will not be able to use their services anymore ...
Yes. especially because I believe that a mini-tablet is an eventual iPod Touch replacement.I remain convinced Apple will be doing something in software to set this mini-tablet apart from the iPad, which is a lot easier to conceal than hardware leaks.
Or perhaps they are going to be the exclusive manufacture of the Apple TV sets.
One question: Won't Google or Asus be able to sue Apple over trade dress if the mini-tablet ends up looking like the mockups? I mean the mockups look identical to the Nexus 7 tablet, with the thick top and bottom and thin side bezels. Just something I noticed, especially with the Samsung appeal pending ...
Yes, but if this is the low-end consumer model, how much will the entry level pro model be that will run a full version of Windows 8?This seems more like a netbook to me. I mean, MS has no apps, and will probably be a good two years before they have any kind of Eco-system to compete with Apple or Android (once developers know this thing isn't going to fail). So the only people truly interested in this thing are going to be those who are looking for a laptop replacement in...
I gotta tell you, I just downloaded the latest MSN app update and they've adopted the whole Windows 8 colored blocks scheme ... It's an absolute bloody nightmare. Seriously it's distracting to the point where I don't know what I'm reading, or where to look. Apple has made some UI changes that I haven't appreciated, but I gotta hand it to Em, they KNOW how to design a useable UI.Who wants to take bets MS will change this whole colored blocks thing within a year of launch?...
Not only that, but why would Apple only release a 32GB and 64GB model of the iPod Touch, if 8GB is more than enough for most people? Even the 4th gen Touch is offered in 16GB min configuration. Is this because the Touch is supposed to hold a minimum amount of music?So what is the tablet supposed to hold? In addition to a healthy music catalogue, would think a mini-tablet would primarily be used to hold movies, books and games. All of which are considerably larger files...
The retractable loop holder and color coded wrist strap seem overly gimmicky to me, and puts this product squarely in a particular market demographic in my mind ... specifically pre-teen girls. In either case, it sort of cements for me the market Apple is probably targeting for the Touch market (kids who can't yet afford an iPhone). If that's truly the case, I would expect the Touch's days are numbered if rumors of a 7" tablet prove to be true, especially now that 4...
I gotta tell you, I just downloaded the latest MSN app update and they've adopted the whole Windows 8 colored blocks scheme ... It's an absolute bloody nightmare. Seriously it's distracting to the point where I don't know what I'm reading, or where to look. Apple has made some UI changes that I haven't appreciated, but I gotta hand it to Em, they KNOW how to design a useable UI. Who wants to take bets MS will change this whole colored blocks thing within a year of launch?...
I agree. Why wasn't the Apple Store App rolled out with iOS 6 and passbook. So little was ready to use with it, the least Apple could have done was offer their own compatibility with it, if nothing else to give Apple customers a working example of how great it could be. As it was, it was just another black eye during the first week, with very few services people actually use ready to roll, customers confused about what it did and why they should use it ... I'm thrilled to...