or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

So in a year, after Apple has put its resources behind PassBook and said NFC is not viable, they will do a 180 degree turn on POS technology?
Why would I want a connector in which I have to choose? My understanding is that with Lighting, you could literally enable all of those things simultaneously, just like Thunderbolt.As far as this theory of yours, I have at least a dozen docks that I've purchased since 2005 that have been obsoleted by each new iPod and iPhone. And that's with the exact same connector. Since Apple doesn't support these docks with each new generation, what is the point of the 30-pin docking...
Huh!?Which is it -- the dock connector doesn't have enough pins for everything, or it has more than enough pins to accommodate everything you need?
Exactly. Imagine 5 years from now when we are all here debating the new Apple social app that they just replaced the FaceBook app ...Yet. They're going to have to figure out some way to actually make money one of these days.But If you think this is what makes Google dangerous, then you need some enlightenment. I'll give you a hint ... The same thing That makes Google dangerous is the same thing that makes FaceBook dangerous ...
Don't buy it. The bezel just can't be that slim on the sides .... To fit the full thumb in portrait mode to hold it securely with one hand, it needs to be as wide as the iPad. I feel like this is somebody's efforts to design a mock-up based on the rumored screen-size using the iPhone as a template.
Why are these "previously untold"? They were all in the official authorized biography.
Ha! Couldn't agree more.To the extent there is a real problem here (and like the Maps controversy I haven't seen any actual "data" about how many people are upset by this change), people really have no perspective.From the first cell phone I bought in 1995 until I bought my iPhone in 2007, I must have poured hundreds of dollars into a new proprietary accessory kit for each new phone. None of those accessories were compatible with any other phone, including those from the...
I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't coming from Apple this time, just to get people talking about something else besides Maps, and the iPhone 5 problems. ;-)I'm sure the announcement can't come too soon for them ...
I don't disagree, except for whom is this tablet targeted?It seems to me this tablet is aimed more at gamers and movie viewers who want a more portable, and cheaper tablet than the iPad. It certainly won't support the same apps as the iPad (I.e. iPhoto, etc) ... At least I hope. It will still do books, which I agree will look a bit strange in portrait. However, if that's secondary to the reason you buy it, then it's really no different than watching a letter-boxed movie...
personally I do too. I don't care for the iPhone 5. It's just a little too big. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the original iPhone either, as I was using the Razr flip phone at the time. But I discovered it made up for in thinness what it lacked in length, and the fact it worked seamlessly wi my Mac won me over completely. Portability in a phone is the most important aspect of any mobile phone, "smart" or otherwise. So making a phone bigger seems counter-intuitive, no...