or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Clever ... But this type of watch would not compete head to head with ALL of the features of the Watch. It would likely incorporate fitness sensors, and other basic aspects, like unlocking doors, payment systems, etc. to interface with your smartphone and not necessarily be about notifications. Surprising as it may seem, not everyone is interested in that kind of constant connection on their wrist -- it's nice to be able to put the phone away sometimes. However, the Swiss...
Well assuming this is true, why does using Android software preclude TH from creating a custom app for the iPhone?
Well I think we're done here, because that's been my entire point.
And there are no apps, nor potential apps for the iPhone that work with Android devices?
Why? Who says everyone needs all the functionality an Watch provides? What if style is more important than function to someone, unwilling to otherwise compromise? Apple had no previous experience in smart watch design either. Obviously this isn't a given conclusion by any means.
I wouldn't be too sure about this, which is what I alluded to in my earlier response to you ... The iPhone is not meant to be exposed to water at all, and thus the water indicator works. But the watch has a minimum water rating for submersion, whereas Apple explicitly says NOT to submerge it at all. So it's contradictory at best. Is it because Apple is trying to hedge their bets as the watch just barely meets that rating? Or is it because they are trying to embassies this...
Your stating the obvious has nothing to do with it. And again -- Siri is NOT critical to the success of the Watch. The elimination of which does not make it any less an Apple watch than a previous generation iPhone is without Siri. Many people don't use Siri now.
You wrote a lot but gave very few facts, if any, nor clarified your position for me. I can only presume you misunderstood what I wrote. I'm NOT suggesting Apple rush a plastic watch to market. Only offering one when it makes economic sense. And no, I'm not fixating on the internals at all -- only to the extent they affect the water-resistance rating of the current watch, to address a problem for a not insignificant demographic. I'm suggesting that by offering an identical...
Agreed this is not a very attractive band-aid to Apple eventually releasing a truly water resistant watch rated for water activities. And you are correct, the IPX 7 rating applies to sitting still in a tank of water -- which implies a constant pressure. Moving water and force of contact changes that equation. Now, there is no guarantee that the watch will not stand up to more, but presumably Apple did test the extremes, and it did not or they would certainly have published...
You can if you have one of the devices which support it: iPhone 6/6+iPad Air 2iPad Mini 3 The Watch does not appear to support it via your iPhone for no obvious reason.  However, the fact these iPads can handle Pay at all makes me wonder why you can't also use them to set up your Watch on them, without the need for an iPhone. Many people have the cellular versions of these devices and carry those around with them in backpacks, briefcases and purses ... seems like...