or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

I'm confident that Apple will eventually make a round watch to address customers fashion tastes, just like gold iPhones/iPads/MacBooks, iPad minis, and iPhablets, mostly products Apple said they weren't interested in making, nor were they optimal for use with the technology. In the end Apple caters to the market, and if the market demands round smart watches, they will not want to lose out on those customers. And of course Apple will do it far better than the competition,...
 Yup. The difference between the software for a round watch and a square watch is no different then the difference between a 3.5" iPhone and a 4" iPhone. On a round watch, the square text area will be centered, and the extra space on the sides to complete the circle will be used for things now that take up space on the square display -- time, temperature, date, etc ... in some respects it will free up more space for text display.
Android makers will likely try to distinguish themselves from Apple by offering round smart watches, just like they did with the 7" tablet against the iPad, and the 'Phablet' against the iPhone. But they will have a high watermark to hit against the production quality of the Watch, and most of them will fail. However, if the Swiss and Japanese watchmakers get into the business, their products will rival, if not surpass, Apple's in terms of build quality. And then history...
While that may be technically true, certainly Apple did a certain amount of guesswork to decide to even enter into this market. Surely they expect a certain threshold of customers for it, unless they decide to label it a "hobby" like the TV, merely to lay the groundwork for some future wrist-phone. It will certainly sell well. But nobody NEEDS an Watch. It's not like a smart phone, which arguably everybody needs, and at which subsidized price point Apple competes on an...
"Attractive" is subjective. So I disagree with his argument on the face of it. However, the same marketing argument could be applied to Apple which implies the only correct way to make a smart watch is square, at least that's the inference by many around here. It's the same marketing that told us a 3.5" smart phone was the perfect size, and that a smart phone should be designed to be used one-handed. And now we have 5.5" iPhablets. Marketing. As for the future, there will...
You are absolutely right. No doubt about it the Watch will change the smart watch market, and reign supreme in the marketplace for some time to come.As for wearing a watch, I suspect that many who have stopped wearing watches may well take the same approach. To me, the pragmatic decision to buy one would be for wearing to the gym. Then I don't really have to worry about charging it every night, since it will basically live on the charger, and it's ready to go when I need...
There's only a 4mm size difference. Considering just how small a difference that is, I found myself wondering today why they didn't just do a 40mm watch and do a one-size-fits-all approach. Certainly would have simplified the initial launch of the product.As for the shirt sleeves, some reviewers have commented that it doesn't easily slip under a standard shirt sleeve cuff, but my shirt cuffs are far from standard, so I suspect your milage may vary.
I think this is what we're disagreeing about. The change from 3.5"-4" screen expanded the space on each side of the screen, which Apple filled with black bars on apps that didn't support the new size. In my mind this is no different than overlaying the square Watch display onto a round shape, and putting black bars on the top, bottom and sides to fill the rest of the circle. Developers can easily make use of the outlying space to provide additional information without...
Yes, what a logistical nightmare ... are they going to estimate based on averages how many small, med & large configurations they need on some models to send into the supply inventory, or will they take pre-orders and fill them based on those numbers? It seems like they've given themselves two weeks to pack boxes accordingly. I'm sure Apple has it under control as they are masters at managing the supply chain, but wouldn't it have just ben easier to sell the watch and the...
OK, we've reached the agree to disagree point. But here's where you're missing my point: How many original iPhone sizes and colors were there? How many original iPad sizes and colors were there? Only one. There is ONE original Apple watch (it's offered in two sizes for the same reason the bands are sold in multiple sizes -- because it has to fit on the body) and color options are additional cost. The bands themselves are little more than the equivalent of iPhone/Pad cases...