or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

I don't disagree about the price.But you do realize that it has more than a DCC in it, right? It also has at least a DAC (digital to analogue) converter, and likely some other chips to convert the lighting signals.That said, I am eager for the first teardown to find out exactly how much this item actually costs Apple to make (especially since it doesn't do video).
I don't think Apple is just going to do a mini-iPad to simply compete with the Nexus, Fire, et al. I expect Apple to re-invent the 7" tablet space, just as they have with the iPhone and iPad in their respective categories. It will be compelling in a way those other Android-based tablets are not, and not simply based on quality and finish alone. This article sums up my rationale ...http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/07/16/jobs_on_ipad_mini/
Yeah I don't know about that.This article sums up my thinking in this matter ...http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/07/16/jobs_on_ipad_mini/Again, given Apple's move to Retina displays in iOS, I would expect they would not introduce another standard resolution display, especially if the goal is direct competition with the Android tablets.Also, iOS tends to be moving toward 16:9 orientation in the smaller form factors, and a mini-tablet feels more like something...
1) My appologies. I completely misread his post. I think I scanned it as they are "not wide enough." Sorry for the confusion. Addressing your other points above:2) I say gamer and movie watcher, because a smaller tablet is going to work best in landscape orientation as everything will be larger, whether 16:9 or 4:3. This is primarily how gamers and movie watchers use the iPad. It is also how I turn the iPad to increase the text size of things without zooming. And again,...
I agree, and have said so all along since these mock-ups have been showing up.Now I could be wrong, and often am, but it just doesn't make sense to me. Unless Apple is gearing this thing solely at the gamer and movie watching audience in landscape orientation -- and while that may be a critical base for it, I don't see Apple doing this -- then the bezels in portrait orientation are simply too small to hold it comfortably in one hand using the thumb, without accidentally...
I actually don't understand this at all ... WHy as a former MobileMe user would I want to have all this extra storage temporarily? I mean is this an effort by Apple to get users used to extra storage so they will start paying for it in a year? Honestly, since ICloud only stores certain kinds of iOS and OSX files anyway, why on Earth would I want a bunch of extra storage space on iCloud that is completely incompatible with most of the files I was storing on iDisk? It...
Don't know what to say to you guys. Maybe you arent using it correctly. Personally, I find Photo Stream Sharing works sooooo much better than MobileMe Gallery. Family can subscribe to it, and it automatically alerts family when you post new photos, and vice versa. You can also share e gallery on a public website with anybody, who doesn't have a Mac or iDevice. And it's flawless. It even allows people to make comments.The only problem I had with it, is that they killed...
Passbook was poorly implemented in my book. No pun intended. Not nearly enough vendors lined up to utilize it at launch, and as a result a very poor demonstration of why they think it is better than NFC. In fact Cook just simply should have not addressed NFC at all.Theoretically, you will be able to load store cards, credit cards, gas cards, restaurant cards, etc. and use those for electronic purchases at POS. Im like you, and the coupon thing would only make sense to most...
Lots of people. I've used it dozens of times since i got my first iPhone to verify suspicious addresses (thank you very much Google for your own flawed data that makes me need to do this), or to quickly locate an address once I'm in an area visually. Often, businesses, and residential buildings are not clearly marked. If you know what the general area looks like, or what the building you are looking for looks like, you can quickly locate it and avoid guessing the wrong...
Absolutely. However, Microsoft let him perform. Why? The only answer is that nobody who works for Microsoft had a clue what they were getting into, and BIng clearly did not return the proper search results to inform them that they were making a bad decision.This is 100% Microsoft's problem, and they deserve to learn the hard way ... As usual.