or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Exactly.And iTunes Match simply makes most of the other streaming services moot. Fortunately Apple realized a long time ago they should offer iTunes on the PC, since iTunes has been a much more profitable business model than making Macs, and allowed them to establish a thriving mobile market.I think it is a mistake for Apple not to offer iTunes on Android devices. In the end, the vast majority of Android users don't care what phone they are using. And they are always going...
Am I missing something? Amazon sells the 16GB Nexus 7 for as little as $260.http://www.amazon.com/Google-Nexus-Tablet-16-GB/dp/B008M04V1E/ref=pd_sim_pc_1The 8GB goes for as little as $230. So a $30 premium to add 8GB RAM.Wal-Mart sells the 16GB for $249, and we all know that Wal-Mart subsidizes many of its products to trump the competition, as well as volume, which Amazon may not be able to compete with, at least in this category.But here's the bottom line. apple charges a...
I totally agree with this. And this is the heart of your point which is getting lost in semantics and rumored specs.Lest we forget there is no evidence for any of the specs being tossed around. 7.85", 163 ppi? It all sounds convincing if any of it were true. Whatever the actual specs end up being, it's inconsequential as long as the screen looks more "gorgeous" than the other tablets available in that space.Bottom line, Apple has a stated a philosophy of not competing in...
Where did you get the information that Lightning does not support video out!?Perhaps not natively, but Apple has already said they will be releasing Lightning HDMI and VGA adapters.Isn't it logical that video out would be supported when the appropriate adapter is connected?I'm not current on the latest iPods, but I do know that my iPod video did not give me the video options in settings until I physically connected Apple's video adaptor.Considering Apple has always...
Well, that certainly makes sense, all I can say is the educators I've spoken to have suggested otherwise. I'm not sure it makes much difference for 6-12. However, whether or not they discontinue the iPad 2 commercially does not mean they won't continue to offer it to the educational market (the e-Mac is one such example), nor that they won't offer the third gen iPad at a lower price point once the 4th gen is released. I guess my point about discontinuing the iPad 2 has...
Perhaps not for content, but I have heard the exact opposite from educators in that arena who say that a smaller lighter tablet would be preferred for smaller hands.
Why is this specification being quoted as if it's gospel? Isn't this just as big a rumor as Apple supposedly sending an invite out two days ago for an event next week?Bottom line, the display has to be "retina" for this thing to compete at all (but not necessarily the same density as the iP5 or new iPad). Since the 3GS is gone, that actually opens up the door to create a new third resolution for developers, in addition to the iPhone 5 and iPad (the iPad 2 will likely be...
And this is why it won't be like any of the speculation going on in these threads.Apple simply will not crank out a device just to gain market share. If they are indeed creating a mini-tablet, it will not simply be a miniaturized iPad designed to take on Amazon, Google, Samsung and the rest. It will redefine the 7" tablet space, for better or worse, but they will not simply throw their hat into the ring and be just one more mini-tablet maker, with better design and...
LOL, how can such a reduced functionality connector like lightning ever provide such versatility as RS-232? Oh wait, you just told me, it is converted to USB. But how can that be!? USB doesn't have as many pins as DB-9, oh dear how will Lightening ever compete in such a world?Still waiting for Apple to bring back the much more versatile 250 pin Duo dock connector, and drop all those other pointless ports like Thunderbolt, USB, FireWire and Ethernet.
This doesn't really surprise me. Most early adopters of iPhones, the ones who stand in lines overnight to buy them, are Apple enthusiasts who are already using Apple products in every facet of their lives. They most likely have Apple TVs, and have long since purchased Bluetooth and AirPlay accessories. Except to charge my iPhone, I haven't plugged it into a dedicated dock in months. I stream all video and audio output via AirPlay and Bluetooth accessories. I don't even...