or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Right, deliverable addresses.So as far as Stuyvesant Square is concerned, the NYC park service doesn't even assign it an address, so why would Apple Maps? Google Maps doesn't assign it an address either.As much as we're faulting Google for using an address which perfectly well describes a meeting point at one corner of Stuyvesant Square, which the NYC parks dept defines as a range of addresses and boundaries, Apple is just as much at fault for creating a fictitious address...
And I guarantee if you send a letter to the Stuyvesant Square's address as given by Apple's Map app, it will be returned to you as undeliverable as well. The USPS is in the business of delivering mail, not collecting property taxes. I owned several lots joined together, each with its own address as far as the city was concerned, however, there was a single house on the lot with only one address the USPS acknowledged (I know because I rented out a guest house and tried to...
Um, I'm pretty sure Apple fixed this as soon as that ad appeared.However, it is funny that Google would actually spend the ad dollars on something that they should have known Apple would correct the instant they became aware of the ad, thus making Google look like they were lying, whether they were or not.What a bunch of Droids.
This article puts it remarkably fairly in light of the recent depressed stock price following the release and numerous issues it inspired. http://techpinions.com/relax-everyone-the-iphone-is-just-a-phone-apple-is-just-a-company/10615
How incredibly sexist of you. Next time try cars.But OK, using your analogy, perhaps it's more like, every time she opens her mouth she says something factually incorrect. "Black is white", etc. So she's either lying or ignorant. And while incredibly intelligent, she's arrogant about it. Never mind she doesn't understand football. The idea that she doesn't care to learn is enough to sour any relationship. Apple could have offered a choice of downloading Google Maps while...
All salient points.The New York Times confirms Google is looking to have an app out by the end of the year.http://nyti.ms/QkpOTWThis is good news to me, assuming this article is true, as Google will likely rush their App out with numerous flaws. Thus continuing to give Apple an advantage. But it will at least give the consumer back a choice, and allow Apple's customers to realize what Google is on their own. Over time, Apple's product will improve, and the two apps will be...
So Apple in its blood feud with Google, dropped Google Maps, eating a year of service left on their contract, in order to get a jump on Google and stick it to them good, all the while throwing some of their customers under the train and denying their customers CHOICE, when they could have easily offered them at least another year?Yeah, the FCC won't want to look into that.If Apple's Maps works so well, and the majority of users like yourself have no problems with it, then...
Thanks. I mean it makes perfect sense, of course. Every adapter Apple currently offers will at some point have to be updated for the Lightening port.I'm not sure why people are so bent out of shape about this connector. Having seen it in the Apple store, I'm very impressed with it ... Long overdue once you see it. The whole issue of digital driving up the cost of docks is also kind of silly, since the whole reason I buy a dock is to get direct digital quality. The...
I see what you mean about adoption. The last numbers I saw were 20%, And i see as of today its more like 60%. So let me amend that Google is waiting for people to use Maps for a few weeks, to see whether the reported user dissatisfaction is media hype or actual.Nobody is going to switch to Android for maps (well very few anyway), especially given the alternatives on the iPhone.As for the elementary logic, well, whatever, sometimes the most effective solutions are the...
Why do you say this? Do you honestly think Google doesn't want their app on the iPhone? Articles I've read indicate that Google maps is used by almost twice as many Apple devices than Android, despite the latter having a larger installed user base? Why else would they create a YouTube App? The answer is because they have more to gain from the perceived Maps debacle than they do from the YouTube app (I personally preferred the browser interface anyway).Or are you saying...