or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

No need to guess about it ...
And they will likely sell a very large number of additional wrist bands. I still don't know how that will work exactly -- the Sport watch supposedly comes with the Small and Large band. But the modern buckle will have to come packaged in 3 sizes, and Leather Loop will have to come packaged in 2 sizes. So that will cut into the total number of available watches on launch day, as well as all the different configurations. But I've no doubt even if a person's top choice isn't...
Fair enough. But there is a middle ground between selling one product design only, and selling dozens to appeal to everyone possible. The iPhone 6+ is certainly a prime example of offering a format they once vehemently lambasted. Offering a "gold" option. Offering an iPad mini. The watch begs for even more options than a simple phone or tablet, so I expect to see more than one case style offered. But I could be wrong. You are absolutely right that Apple sells itself. Apple...
And this in my mind goes to how completely Apple intends to get into the fashion aspect of the watch business. They've got 21 unique bands now, across 7 distinct styles (with 3 in multiple lengths). The rumor is more case materials coming this Fall, which means at a minimum existing bands with matching metal. But what is it Apple plans to do? Release two dozen new and unique bands every year to stay relevant with fashion trends, or will they license out that burden...
I agree the bands should physically be interchangeable. Not that anyone would do it based on cost alone, but I do wonder if there will be some kind of restriction on the Edition watch bands, since it is available in very "limited" quantities, so that they cannot be purchased except by someone already with an Edition? Again, doubtful, because then you wouldn't be able to give them as gifts. And I don't see the stainless watch owners going for a two-toned look anyway (though...
This is Apple's first foray into a hybrid product that straddles the rules of tech and fashion. And yes in this case using the word "watch" does change the rules for this device. We don't know what Apple intends to do here yet, they've designed 21 different watch bands -- when have they ever designed 21 different accessories for any of their products? You would suggest that all of the things Apple has done with this product, which are unlike anything else they've ever done...
Right, this is the same reason I don't believe there will be a 6S mini, unless they offer it for $149 (Hey stranger things have happened). I think you may be on to something with the 5S getting an update in the existing aluminum case design. Bump up the processor, camera, and add NFC and offer it as the mid-tier phone. Chances are Apple will just offer the 4.7" 6 as the mid-tier phone as-is, the way they used to do it. Maybe offer it in different colors than the 6S to...
This is your opinion. Counting the bands on each watch does not the watch make. This is how every Watch will look without the band, in either silver or gold:  While this may work for you, it remains to be seen how people feel about wearing the same black square on their wrist as everyone else, only distinguishable by their flair for the available watch bands. Now this is just my opinion, but it seems to me that if everybody were happy wearing the same traditional watch...
I think we're saying the same thing -- I'm just calling the plastic "6C" the 5SC for what it will really be, without NFC. But I think you are unfairly discounting a "6 mini" as the mid-tier. There is a demand for the 4" iPhone with top-tier specs. But I don't see Apple releasing 3 different sizes with the latest technology. Instead, if they take the current 6 and shrink it, they address both the mid-tier buyers as well as the top-tier customers who want a 4" screen. So...
The current 5, 5c & 5s are all without Pay. The Watch offers Pay. Why reengineer the 5S to include NFC, which requires R&D, when they can just sell the 5sc as compatible with the Watch which offers Pay? In other words, 'here's your free phone' if you want Pay, upgrade or buy the Watch'. Something else to consider is that the roll out of NFC compatible terminals won't be complete per the credit card industry mandate until the end of 2015. Considering the slow...