or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Why do you keep saying this? I can't imagine anything further from reality. Apple is selling its ecosystem. The box would be offered specifically for mostly non-Apple customers who want their TV solution. What better way to introduce them to their ecosystem? It's like putting iTunes on Windows. apple could care less if you buy their TV, they want you to buy their services -- that's the whole reason the iPad mini exists.
I can only assume you're talking about the Apple TV box since the standing rationale around here is people buy and keep their TVs for years without upgrading the hardware.Apple will most likely support far more upgrades to that Apple TV set than you'll ever get from Roku or Samsung.
Define not many. People DID dump their Blackberries and Windows smartphones to buy a $700 iPhone. It's not as if there weren't a significant amount of smartphone users out there already. They weren't all upgrading from feature phones to smartphones. Likewise, many Blackberry and Windows phone users did not dump their phones because their companies would not allow it. I see a similar ratio to TVs. And nobody said anything about people dumping their $1000+ TVs ... Most will...
Since when has Apple ever entered a no-margin market and failed to get their margins? The iPad mini seems to be doing just fine. And they don't really seem to care about market share in general.The way I see it, there's a huge Apple fan-boi market that has to have every new thing Apple makes, regardless of price. That's enough right there for a massive product launch, and grass-roots marketing campaign for a truly great new product.And you said it yourself, it's about...
Actually this sounds exactly like something Apple would do.This forces early adopters to buy an Apple TV Screen as their primarily TV, and then via firmware make the ATV boxes dependent on the server inside the TV Screen. It's only available in the 40"-60" range as its intended to be your primary TV. So Apple guarantees you're looking at an Apple logo so you don't forget exactly who solved the nightmare that is current TV.People will buy an Apple TV for the same reason...
Cook doesn't look great in this. Hard to believe he works out everyday and spends his free time in national parks. Is he a smoker?
I don't know why these numbers matter right now ... This is THE Christmas season of the tablet. They have reached a point in their short three season life where they are a well-understood, must have item. The need for PCs aren't going away, but as far as Christmas 2012 is concerned, everybody wants to get a tablet (which also does most of the things they would need a new PC for anyway). It's pretty clear, even folks who may need to upgrade a PC are likely putting that...
Again this is a matter of perspective. I have relatively large hands and I find the 4" screen much less comfortable to use. I have to shift the phone awkwardly in my hand in order to reach the top left with my thumb, when holding in my right hand. It just isn't as easy to use with one hand for some. And, I don't see the added benefit of making that compromise for the minimal amount of added screen space. The extra screen height or width makes absolutely no difference in my...
I'm not trading my iPhone 4 in anytime soon. It still does the majority of what I need it to do as well as I need it to do it. Would I like a little faster Internet? Sure, but it's not my primary browsing device, I just use it to get quick information on the go. This is one of the reasons I hate the 5's 4-inch screen. Mobile phones should be getting smaller, not larger.But I recognize other people have different needs. Just like not everybody needs the latest features or...
I really hope the success of the 4S has more to do with the form factor than the price. Given that it is essentially a smaller version of the 5, running all but one major feature of iOS 6, with a slightly slower processor and lacking only true LTE, I'd like to see an update next year to the A6 and LTE radio, and ultimately focus resources to make it smaller, rather than bigger like the flagship 5, while setting out a clear product line. Drop the 4 next year, move the...