or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

They who? Never happened. Apple never promised anybody there would be an adapter in he box. Many thought (hoped) there would be, but it didn't happen.
I never understood what I was supposed to do with all this extra storage space for a limited time anyway. Wasn't I supposed to be getting my crap OFF Apple's servers? Giving me more, seemed to encourage me to put more stuff than I had on MobileMe to begin with ... What's up with that?
Obviously you are referencing the faked address Motorola ad. Personally Apple Maps works great for me. I actually haven't had that particular problem since I've been using it, but I can tell you, Google was quite fond of doing that to me. Often sends me to addresses on the East coast when I search with my locator firmly on the West. The only problem I have had with Apple maps so far is that it tried to tell me there was a WalMart a mile from me (where I know there's not...
Seriously? That's your response? Google does this to me all the time. Unless I enter the full complete address sometimes, Google takes me everywhere but where I want to go. I've yet to see a map app behave otherwise, even on my friends Android phones. Consumer Reports already said as much (and they hate Apple). I suggest you read their article.
Absolutely agree. One more brick in the wall of apology for their work. Since when is the claim "most powerful" no longer applicable? It sure seems like the most powerful app to me, of all the ones available. Most powerful has nothing to do with the data (even if there is anything actually wrong with it, which I have yet to see any real evidence presented that it is any worse than Googl's -- just different problems at best, even Consumer Reports agrees), but it's what the...
Cook's letter may be cleverly written, and is able to convey different messages to different people. But it is that kind of ambiguity which is to me, deceptive, disingenuous and typical of what I expect from corporate America. Rather than make a clear statement of Apple's position, the letter wreaks of unnecessary apology whether Cook intended a duplicitous message or not.As for the who will see the letter, all I can say is anyone who watches morning news programs got an...
Fine, I'm willing to concede I am wrong, and hope that I am. But, with all due respect sir, you are obviously no Seve Jobs. I dont know you, or your work as a CEO, but I must assume as much given that you think Tom Cook's letter is appropriate, and sort of fuels my point that it wreaks of the kind of letter a typical CEO writes (again with all due respect to you). And perhaps that's what bothers me, is that it is so unlike Jobs, and more like what I would expect from AT&T...
You overlook the context of the letter -- it is in response to the media reporting that Apple failed. I would say he lied then, because Maps works great for me. I don't personally know anybody who has found issue with it, something you yourself have attested to in this forum. In fact this is one of the best Map Apps I have ever used. But the way you interpret his statement, he is neither lying, as all products can be always improved, nor appologizing, since no product is...
You don't have to worry about me, though thank you for your concern.But do you really think parsing the explicit meaning of Tom Cook's lame apology is going to make a hill-of-beans difference to all the iPhone users who buy their phones at Walmart?No matter what you infer from Tim Cook's apology letter, and it is far from definitive, the media, and Apple's competitors and detractors, have all spun it the worst possible way.While I appreciate your position, and would love...
Why do you care? What's the point?Tim Cook has already said Apple made a mistake, and tacitly admitted with a milquetoast public apology that Apple's Maps is not as Good as Google's web app by suggesting users use it as a result of their dissatisfaction with Apple's own.There is no point in spending any more time defending Apple on this matter. Tim Cook did not have the brass to stand up to the media criticism, and now everyone from the media to its competitors and their...