or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

If Apple is upgrading Messages in such a way that it will no longer run on Lion, and have no intention of upgrading Lion, then I get it. Otherwise it seems to amount to little more than extortion. Mountain Lion will not run on a whole selection of recent Macs, meaning more than just a simple inexpensive upgrade for some. So why do it? Why not allow Lion users who have been successfully using an integrated Messages app to continue to do so? Who does it hurt? Plus it keeps...
Exactly. Nobody NEEDS an iPad, or an iPhone. And to the extent a person can't afford a new Apple product, a used one often sells for much less than a new Android product, and works far better for much longer thanks to Apple's build quality and generous upgrade policies. In this case the trickle-down theory works pretty well ...
I have to agree with Tallest Skil here. The mini was absolutely last to market in this category. How Apple chose to implement it has nothing to do with where the product sits in the market.As I understand it, when Apple introduced the iPad, the other tablet makers primarily chose the 7" format because Apple bought up all the 10" screens. Jobs derided the 7" tablet as being unusable. Maybe this was just marketing, or maybe there was something to it. Personally, I agree, I...
So you're saying the iPad sucks?
Interesting that 8% said they would replace a smartphone. How, VOIP? Either way that could theoretically cut into iPod sales as well. Also interesting that 4% see this as a replacement for an iPod Touch. So that's about a million and 500k units respectively the mini is going to canibialize. A drop in the bucket even if all of those were the iPhone, but since the iPod Touch sells in much smaller numbers, and dropping year over year every quarter, that represents about 10%...
The fact that Microsoft allows a new PC the ability to downgrade to Windows 7 shows a spectacular lack of confidence in their decision to move toward Windows 8. When Apple makes a decision, there's almost always no going back. Previous hardware support is cut off , and new Macs are tuned to take full advantage of the new OS, with no backward compromises. THAT'S confidence. And much of that is to ensure the user experience is what Aple intends it to be. Can you imagine...
No not this time! The surface has a kickstand. So, no compromise.Isn't it amazing what money can do? Seinfeld always had the latest Mac sitting on Jerry's desk season after season. A conscious choice by the producers of which Seinfeld was one.
It's not just the backgrounds MS has chosen to use, it's the colors of the tiles themselves. All of the colors they present have the same intensity, so there's no contrast between them, even though they are different colors. It's like there's no understanding of how the human brain works here. Moreover, unlike the iOS, all of the titles are clustered together, blurring the lines between one tile and the other. They are uniformly square or rectangular, further confusing...
Absolutely, yes.A lot of restaurants do this where carpeting the floors is not desirable for obvious reasons.And for situations where that's not desirable, there's always fabric covered, sound-baffling walls, which make a design statement in of themselves.However, I've noticed Apple tends to rely on their stores being jam-packed so that the human bodies absorb the sound.
Yes, that's why the iPad is the best selling computing device on the planet, and everybody including Microsoft copied it. That is, they copied the iPad after it was released, not the iPod Touch, because clearly nobody would ever want a bigger iPod Touch.I'd love to know what innovations you think Microsoft is bringing to the game ... It's basically their tablet PC bill gates has been pushing since the 90s except its redesigned to look like an iPad. It has an integrated...