or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Wonder what Google thinks about: Http:www.scroogled.com
http://www.npr.org/blogs/alltechconsidered/2013/01/28/170462372/as-developing-world-goes-mobile-can-apple-make-the-sale?sc=ipad&f=1001
No. I stand by my complaint that the iPad mini resolution sucks (FOR ME). And I wouldn't buy this thing either if only for this reason.I love the mini form factor. I love how light it is. But I HATE the resolution. I have said time and again I don't think the 7" form factor is ideal for an iPad, and that is absolutely true for me. I have to zoom web pages constantly to read them, not a problem with the full iPad. Some links are entirely too small to accurately press with...
How is it racing to the bottom if they aren't trying to UNDERCUT the competition?As for reducing total profits, I don't see it. There will be canibalization, which Tim Cook says he's not afraid of, which I take to mean volume increases will offset. But moreover, everybody thinks this is about hardware. It's not. Apple is not competing against Google, Amazon and Microsoft over hardware. It's about content -- iTunes, iBooks and the App Store. Lets say they lose profit on...
Why does everybody always assume Apple releasing a less expensive version of something = a race to the bottom? Apple has always offered a budget item in every product line they sell. And none of it constitutes a race to the bottom.And catering to just the high end is a bad business strategy too. Apple found this out in the early 90s when they lost their exclusivity of the Macintosh GUI. And I don't think this is what they are interested in doing. They seem to have a firm...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think FaceTime counted toward the data plan, which is why ATT was fighting it ... Or was it that they didn't want their networks clogged up with streaming video?
I see processor speed in the context that retina displays have been debated around here, especially with regard to the iPad mini. How much faster the processor is matters only as much as the final user experience. If the overall experience on the iPad mini is good, then it doesn't matter if the display isn't exactly retina. Likewise with processors. If a users general perception is good, it doesn't matter how much faster the latest processor may be. If a person doesn't...
You mean like the iPad mini?You and I are never going to agree on this processor issue. Fine.You said yourself on the other thread Apple could handle Mac-like 6 month upgrades without re-branding the hardware every time. And those Mac upgrades were for small feature bumps to things like the processors.So if Apple does as you suggest with the iPad family, wouldn't they do it with the iPhone family? In which case how would they distinguish the flagship iPhone from the last...
Exactly. This is exactly what I expect Apple to do, and more or less what they have already done with the iPad by simply calling it the New iPad with the 3rd generation. Once they drop the iPad 2 there will just be the iPad and iPad mini.Your reasoning here is exactly why I would expect Apple at this point to make a dedicated iPhone mini to sell in the bottom two tiers rather than continue their current model of bumping last years model down a peg, now that the iPhone 5...
Processor upgrades may well justify a new phone for some. It doesn't for me and many others, including critics who review each update. But more to the point you are overlooking the SIGNIFICANT differences between the previous models and the future situation:3G: added 3G3GS: Added much faster processor than 3G (which was the same processor as the original iPhone)4: added Retina Display, camera flash and significantly faster processor4S: added pseudo 4G5: added true 4G LTE...