or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Let's speak plainly.I see your point to be that the existing watch market will not be impacted by the smart watch, I.e there will always be a significant demand for a traditional mechanical watch to keep the industry alive without addressing smart watches in any way. Further you seem to be saying that if they attempt to enter the smart watch market they will surely fail possibly bankrupting themselves in the process. Is that about right?What I'm saying is that if the...
I thought this had been ruled out in the production models as viewed after the announcement last week?Either way, the presence of these pins would make a greater water resistance rating more difficult, not to mention corrosion potential.
Of course they are ... don't you recall before the iPhone, people had a mobile phone for every occasion and coordinating with their outfits -- a solid gold one, a jewel encrusted one, a sport model, and an everyday model. People adorned their bodies with them, just like a high end luxury fashion watch. The smart phone business has so much in common with the watch business, I would think it would be obvious to you. /s
But what are we talking about here? Smartphones and tablets? As so many defenders of the Watch keep espousing with respect to how Apple will handle the watch -- it's a whole new product category for them, so all bets are off with respect to Apple's previous behavior: 'Maybe they WILL build the watch so the internals can be easily upgraded'. 'Maybe they won't upgrade the case design for years'. So why can't the watch makers be able to maybe compete with Apple in the smart...
Well I agree and disagree. The most recent doom scenario to the watch industry were cheap quartz watches from Asia in the 80s. The luxury watches were unaffected, but the under $1,000 realm suffered pretty dramatically. Yet the European watchmakers pulled it out and survived. Now it's the entire watch industry, and they really have no choice but to band together on this one and offer some of the things Apple offers in the same price range. I for one believe they don't have...
That's exactly what I intend to do. I certainly didn't need you to point that out to me. But thanks again  for pointing out the obvious. As for how successful Apple has been ... well they aren't without their failures. I'm not saying that's the case with Watch, but then again, that was never my point.
Actually I think that's exactly what this particular article is about, and whether people who wear traditional watches will embrace Apple so completely so as to put the existing watchmakers out of business. 
That isn't his argument. Or mine.
Well you are obviously entitled to your opinion. But the current screen of Apple's 38mm watch would fit perfectly into a circle and not sacrifice a thing, nor take up any more room on a person's wrist than any other round watch out there. Plus it would allow for additional detail to be placed in that "wasted space" just as their software allows for different features on 3.5" and 4" iPhone. Indeed, some people just like the aesthetic of a round watch. And for those who want...
So you're a hardware engineer now? Do give me the exact equation that tells us exactly how much power a camera consumes so as to make it impractical for the battery life of an Watch. First, my comment was in reference to future technology. But, as it stands, the Watch can make a maximum of 3 hours of phone calls before it has to be recharged. Only 6 hours with continuous music playback. You think the camera is going to cause a power drain like that? Whether it does or...