or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

In that case we're in total agreement. ;-)
I don't agree.  There are two factors, design of the watch case to achieve a particular dimension, and the constraints it places on the screen. The graphic below clearly shows a rectangle can easily fit within the round watch as is. There's no reason why for a round watch the text display can't be more square to maintain relative text size. This is no different than when developers had to support both the 3.5" and 4" iPhones. The fact there are already 38mm watches...
Your vision of the future is different from mine. I see it more like the statements Ive has made -- 'watches are intended for glances', 'people expect choice the minute they wear something'. I see the watch liberating people from their phones, by ignoring messages they would have otherwise viewed on the iPhones. Anyone who wants to read the full text of something, much less reply, are going to pull their phones out anyway, it's much easier to read than squinting at a tiny...
You wrote: How can you compare Apple's current solution for a square against their possible solution for a circle factually unless a prototype of a round Watch exists with which to compare it? Unless you are saying that you are comparing Apple's square watch against the round offerings from Motorola, Samsung, et al? In which case, since when have these companies ever come up with a solution that even holds water compared to Apple?
Well you've obviously made up your mind as to what is possible so hopefully you won't have to be burdened with the knowledge Apple makes one.
Again, I'm not arguing the validity of the square format. Obviously it's optimal for reading text. What I'm arguing is the value of reading text like that on a 1.5" display. Regardless, if one wants to, you simply put the square text box within the circle and problem solved.  As for having "several passes, credit cards", etc. I don't see why you can't still swipe left or right for multiple screens with circular presentation (just like on the iOS Home screen) ... scrolling...
Oh yes the games ... I'm sure that's what every gamer has been awaiting, a 1.5" square playing surface. /sI don't think games is where the Watch will earn its keep.
Assuming Apple does not change the formulation of the case materials, or the design parameters for the band connectors due to introducing a thinner design profile. The link in particular is designed to match perfectly the finish of the watch case, so a mismatch might not look too good. Two toned (gold/silver) is one thing, but a clash is another. Either way, I wouldn't buy a band this way given Apple's history -- they don't traditionally seem too concerned with supporting...
I think they will continue to offer the Shuffle indefinitely as an entry level music player for working out. For what is basically a $50 flash drive, they can continue to offer this indefinitely. This is for people who aren't going to buy the Watch, and don't want to carry their iPhone around with them when they workout. They are also available waterproofed for swimming and other water sports.   The Nano is in jeopardy of being replaced by the Watch. I would be...
Really, Apple has a prototype round Watch to compare to the square one?