or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

I don't see any reason why Apple won't eventually offer a round watch. It's already been demonstrated that there is no significant compromise of the data presentation in the same height watch, if a developer wanted to, they could easily letterbox their rectangular interface for use on a round watch. Or they could offer an alternate screen presentation to take advantage of the unused areas, just like during the conversion between the 3.5" and 4" displays, where apps...
Ha! good point. Here's a Palm powered Fossil smart watch from 2005, looks like they all stole from Palm! ;-)
Then explain how this ad appeared in TheVerge.com article dated August 2014: http://www.theverge.com/2014/8/27/6076909/samsung-announces-gear-s
Well first, my argument is not whether round is good or bad. You're the one who thinks round is evil. 2nd, I specifically said it was irrelevant whether there exists a smart watch similar in size to the Apple 38mm -- just because one may not exist doesn't mean it's not possible. And third, I agree with you that round is purely and aesthetic choice, which there's nothing wrong with, and as I've already stated: Apple is all about aesthetic choices. That's a significant...
The fact you haven't seen a round smart watch of a particular size that utilizes the display area effectively doesn't mean it can't be done. I haven't seen a UI on a round smart watch yet that I feel is well done, then again I haven't really been looking. But it doesn't really matter whether one exists currently, or not. What matters is whether it's possible or not. Your answer to that question seems to be to point to existing round Android watches  as proof of its...
Here we go again. That's a pretty ironic statement considering aesthetics is at least half of what the Apple Brand brings to the table, and for my money it's considerably more. For Apple, aesthetics is at least as important a reason to do something as is functionality. And once again, going round doesn't mean it has to be "much" larger. It also doesn't mean that the useable space can't be adapted to be better utilized than with a square. 
Again, if the bank issuing the card has not upgraded the card to a chip card, then there's no liability for the transaction by the merchant. I presume there's going to be some software in the new terminals that will recognize a swiped card contains a chip and forces the consumer to insert the card instead, otherwise what's the point? I currently have in my possession four credit cards without a chip which were recently issued. The experts think it will take up to a year or...
Yes, but the banks issuing the credit cards have their hands full just converting all their existing customers to chip cards. It's two months away from the conversion deadline, and I still have a wallet full of credit cards without chips, cards that were JUST reissued a couple of months ago.  Given that, any customer that has not yet been issued a chip card is still the banks responsibility if the card information gets hacked. By some accounts it will take the banks a year...
What exactly is the objection here? The black model is actually quite stylish, and looks like any number of not inexpensive true sport watches. In fact it looks a lot like my Brig Tide Surf Watch, which cost over $150. Here is a selection of some of the top surf watches.http://www.surfertoday.com/surfing/5640-the-best-surf-watches-in-the-worldAnd here's a GPS enabled surf watch for over $400.These are common designs which are part of the culture that uses such water...
And yet the 5C didn't cannibalize sales of the 5S which set a new record upon it's release. Arguably the 6S isn't going to offer anything more substantial over the 6 than the 5S did over the 5. So history shows that a plastic phone one generation removed from the flagship does not significantly impact the sales of the flagship. A plastic 4.7" iPhone should therefore be no different, assuming there's any reason to believe Apple is planning that. Though there's something to...