or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

They may well skip repackaging the 5s into the 5c plastic case, however, I would be surprised if Apple wasn't thinking this way when they designed the 5c in the first place. If they drop the plastic case off the lineup, then they lose an entire year of engineering that all of their other models got. So in the end, the tiny changes to transplant one phone into the other's case may well make up the margins of writing off the plastic design, and may well have been planned for...
Yes, its so obvious what's going to happen. The iPhone 5S will be transplanted into the 5c plastic case and offered as the free phone. The 5S will be replaced by a NEW 4", 6 "mini" without the updates the 6S will receive (just like the 5/5C last year), and sell for $99 in the same configurations as the 6S. Then the new 4.7" 6S for $199 with all the new bells and whistles. And the 6 Plus will basically stay the same at $299. Can't wait to get my 6 mini and replace my 5S and...
The Incipio SoftCard iPhone case had a built in NFC antenna for the 4-5S. So why couldn't this option be available as an aftermarket item to the Square POSTs to interface with any iPad?
It seems foolish to offer new merchant hardware which will only be good for a year, and then require merchants to upgrade if they don't want to be liable for any fraud. As I understand it, to qualify the POST has to support both EVM and contactless payments.
You're both wrong. The next closet Apple Store is their LA flagship in the Grove Shopping Center near CBS Television City, just off Fairfax, between Beverly & Third. If not Old Town Pasadena, just up the 110 freeway, or the aforementioned Glendale Gallaria store. Somebody ask Siri.However, once the Expo line is complete, it will be a simple train ride to Santa Monica Third street.What a downtown store will get Apple though is immediate access to all those USC students, and...
I haven't had any major problems with it, but I do find that my wifi can be erratic.
And this is why it's a shame that Apple did not offer a "dongle" for the iPhone 4-5S to allow Pay to be used on older devices. Basically Apple is sacrificing over two years and billions of transactions waiting for older iPhone users to upgrade to a compatible phone. Meanwhile, they are leaving the door open for Samsung and other's to include more convenient TouchID-type systems in their phones, and a much larger installed user-base to embrace Google Wallet, due to Apple's...
You can enter a passcode instead of TouchID with Pay as well. Some people prefer this. Some people actually have trouble with TouchID reading their fingerprints consistently. It's not a major issue, compared to digging around one's purse, pulling out a wallet and finding the right card, not to mention producing ID. And if you think next years Google phone's won't have Touch ID, then I've got some swampland to sell you in Florida.
Not likely humbling. But I doubt it will match relative levels of sales compared to the iPhone and iPad launch. They will sell out, but after the initial hype dies, I doubt it will sustain similar volume as their other devices.Either way I would gladly pay $350 for a true Sport watch that is fully water proof that does everything else the Apple Watch does. But so far I'm hearing it's merely water resistant, which means I may be good if I sweat on it, but not so much if I...
The Watch is pretty much Apple's "dongle. And yes it's a lot more expensive than $20. Doing a quick internet search the ATT & Verizon Isis Incipio iPhone case (which works with the 4-5S) looks like it retailed for around $70. That's still a lot less than $400, even if Apple charged $100 for it. Besides, Apple sells overpriced dongles for just about every device it makes to make them compatible with the rest of the world, so I'm not sure why this is any different. The...