or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

That kind of says it all. Even Apple realized this was just pandering to the masses, and not typical to their usual standards. I seriously doubt if Jony Ive was ever OK with this. Yeah Conan definitely called it, I love the way the rest of the team try to distance themselves from the "Gold" team. LOL Sorry, but this is just not what I have come to expect of Apple. At least if they were going to do it, they did it right, in true Apple form, compared to the recent Samsung...
Yes, the 4S Apple did absolutely NOTHING to promote, nor did they change in any respect -- unlike he 5c into which they have invested a massive amount in marketing alone, not to mention R&D, engineering, factory set up and tooling, etc.How can these two phones be evaluated on the same level in any way?Apple used two manufacture two basic models of the iPhone, all of which had debuted as the flagship before being discounted with no changes. So how can Apple invest heavily...
How do you figure?The 4s wasn't the flagship model compared to last years 5. Yet I can compare last years percentages to this years. We have total numbers:4s - 24% of 6 million5c - 27% of 9 millionApple still made a sizable investment in the 5c, that likely did not yield them any more income than they would have received had they simply discounted last years 5 as they had done in previous years.Does the 5c cost less to make? Perhaps. But does that recoup the massive...
But how do you equate this with the success of the 5c. If they had simply followed historical patterns and offered the last years 5, might it have done just as well? I think it would have based on how well the 4 did to the 4S. I believe the iPhone overall has consistently done better than the previous year, as I said above. So I still don't see the 5c being justified.
Ugh. Apples products in general have managed to avoid looking dated. They have classic lines and features. Even the original Mac OS holds up pretty well by today's standards. But this iOS 7 is Jony taking his fashionable ideas a bit too far. All these garish dayglow colors are going to look so dated well before next year. IOS 7 is going to seem like clothing from the 1970s.
That is a short sighted analysis.This isn't the 4S compare to the 5.The 5c is a brand new model, completely redesigned and engineered, with a brand new massive marketing campaign that 4s never had, nor the 4 before it, et al. The 5c is being sold on its own merits that the 4s wasn't -- the 4s was merely last years discounted model ... The 5c is a multi-colored party in your pants!So this is the real story -- the 4s sold something like 24% of total iPhone sales during...
This more than anything is telling to me.Apple runs the tightest supply chain on the planet. They wrote the book on keeping warehouse shelves bare. This seems like a first to me with respect to Apple having inventory sitting around.
Who needs an expensive tablet AND a phone?I don't know why people object to the larger phones. If I carried a purse everywhere I went, I would want the biggest phone practical I could get. Heck I might even carry around an iPad mini if I could access phone functionality, because then I could carry around a Bluetooth headset in my purse as well to use with it. I mean, the Galaxy note, et al, are not so big as to be unwieldy holding it up to the side of ones head. Is...
Let me guess, to lower the price, Apple will replace the aluminum case of the iMac with 5 colored plastic options with last years internals ...
And what iWork is going to replace Office in the near future!? I would love to see any legitimate validation of that theory by a respected third party source.If Apple is giving away their software, I'm not sure how they expect to fund the development of world class business software to crush Office in the foreseeable future.