or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Well I'm sure it's no surprise to you that I completely disagree with you.One port means you have to have a dongle in order to power your device and plug in an external drive at the same time (an option not available on the iPad, and a prime reason people buy a laptop over or in addition to an iPad). If you misplace or forget your dongle, then you have one choice -- power or storage. If you forget to get a full charge on your MacBook, before you need it, and don't have...
I agree with you completely in this case. I think Apple has to get into this space, but this was hardly "revolutionary". And if The Weekend was an example of the "hand-picked" expert curation of the playlists, then it's going to be a bumpy launch.
Due to the way the paragraph breaks, I read this as fashion runway models the first time, considering Ahrendts and the focus on fashion as of late. ;-)
That 9-to-5 article does not in any way suggest the market for 4" iPhones is less than 1%, in fact it suggests it's much greater. Moreover it's one writer's opinion that those slides, taken out of context, suggest Apple must make a larger iPhone, on a story that wasn't picked up by any other major Apple Rumor sites, or news outlets. And to the extent your specious reasoning is accurate, then Apple should have just enabled phone software on their cellular iPad mini and iPad...
Ah, more data. I didn't realize there were studies that showed only 1% of the mobile phone market were interested in phones less than 4.7" in size. I don't suppose you have a source or that? 
Where is your data for that? I didn't realize Apple was breaking out the 6+ sales from their total iPhone sales now.
I agree. And that seems to be Apple's plan. Let the early adopters put Pay through it's paces, help train the clerks at the local stores as Pay is slowly rolled out, though the fiasco that's going to be the switch to chip & pin, and then when Apple has a majority of merchants covered, and a majority of it's customers equipped to use it, run commercials stressing the simplicity, ease of use, and security Pay offers over even chip and pin (which will be chip & signature...
I agree. And this is exactly why rushing Pay to all of their customers is a mistake. I constantly have to defend Siri to my friends who use the iPhone because it can be frustrating for them, because they won't take the time to learn how to use it. Siri is by no means perfect for me, but I find it an incredibly useful tool for much of how I use it, and I did have to take the time to learn how to make it work effectively for me. People are sheep, and when these new chip &...
This is exactly what I did. I love the 5S. I do wish it had Pay, but since only half of the major retailers will support it by the end of this year, I can certainly afford to wait until even next Summer to upgrade. I also agree the 5S is just a tad too big. It's funny I was just using my 3GS this morning to pull up some info off an app that isn't supported under iOS8 anymore, and realized just how perfect that phone is to hold in the hand -- I can reach all the controls...
Chicken and egg. If Apple makes a push to encourage the clueless customers to start using Pay and half the major merchants don't accept it, then those customers may decide it's not worth the hassle and set Pay adoption back further. They seem to be approaching this the correct way. Implement on the current iPhone, expand coverage to earlier iPhones with the Watch, introduce new handsets encouraging older handset customers to upgrade and get Pay, continue expansion with...