or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Yup, I thought about that ... which is why the current insert, pull out quickly, credit card slots are difficult because they are seemingly inconsistent from card reader to card reader (stripe side, and top to bottom). Presumably that will be a bit easier since the chip readers are almost all insert chip end, card face up. So that to me seems the least of the problems. Regardless Pay is much easier solution.
Actually he doesn't ... he says it works with an iPad, but anything outside of a mini is probably not a good idea as the base tips. So, no, not a good idea. I haven't seen an iPad dock that didn't have some sort of support. Unless Apple releases one, I'd say you're right, the lightning connector alone shouldn't support a device the size of an iPad without a support. But clearly Apple did some testing before they just released this dock which customers would return in...
Apple "enthusiasts" don't need to see themselves with the product, the fact that Apple made it is enough. ;-) I would agree that most people in general, not just women, prefer to try something on and buy it right then. The fact that it's widely known that there are no watches available for purchase in the stores, likely puts people off from even entertaining the watch at present. I probably would not have bought my original iPad if I couldn't have walked into the store...
Tried the chip card reader slot on those terminals is not easy to locate or use. It's not easy to orient the card to quickly insert it, there's no satisfying confirmation that you've done it right. The one thing it has going for it, is that there should be no more question about which way to orient the card, once they figure out how to insert it. I believe the chip cards are going to be magnetic stripe hybrids? In which case, given the option customers are not likely to...
 Yes, one of the reasons it costs so much, it has a built in D/A audio converter, so there's that. People always seem to overlook the added value Apple typically offers. The lightning A/V adapters got a similar bum wrap for being so expensive, despite what they were offering.  I'm with you. Seems like it would not be hard to snap that connector off. I've knocked my docked phone off the table before, but the 30 pin connector generally comes apart easily and/or the recess...
While I won't discount your conspiratorial reason as a cause for Starbucks lack of adoption of NFC POSTs, mandated by the credit card companies by October of this year, this article confirms what I thought: http://www.bidnessetc.com/34693-starbucks-corporation-app-for-apple-inc-ios-now-supports-apple-pay/Starbucks invested heavily in their QR POS systems, as well as their app development. It's going to require another major investment to upgrade their thousands of stores...
I thought the issue was that Starbucks did not have NFC enabled equipment. I would think they wouldn't want to take the charge against the new equipment until they had to. Surely they will accept Pay by October when they will have to switch over to new NFC enabled POSTs.It'll be interesting to see how merchants like Starbucks will enable chip and pin, whether they will change their POSTs to add a customer accessed terminal, or continue to take the card and offer the...
How are they not playing nice with Pay?
Agreed. What about unlocking and starting the car?
Bill Maher got it about right:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaYiYhTBg30   "Siri, I think there's something wrong with my heart"   Siri: "OK, I've found three theaters showing Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2"   Haha