or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

I think you and I both know that's not true. My entire point is whether they will be a lot louder about it. I certainly don't get the impression they are trying very hard a the moment.
They haven't announced next year's model. Or, a "Fall season" model. My question is about what they intend to do next, given how important fashion is to this particular category of device.
Right, just like the Edition has nowhere near enough gold in it to justify the $17,000 price tag. Especially since Apple has patented the process which allows them to make an 18K gold watch "with as little gold as possible". There's a lot of intangibles in these watches. However, I do think that Apple is looking down the road as to how they can expand the user base to get the watch into as many hands as possible, including those for whom $349 is otherwise a barrier (as...
Ha. But seriously folks ... I do wonder how far into pure fashion they will take the watch design ... will they develop watches which clearly have male/female orientation cues? Or stick with the same homogenous design as their sole product model, and allow third parties to offer watch bands for a more targeted demographic?
I would agree with that. I think tactile interface is going to make a huge difference for this product in particular (assuming it looks better in person that it does on photos). Unlike the iPhone or iPad, people having access to floor models is going to go a long way toward motivating a purchase for many, so I would expect many sales to come after a person has a chance to visit the Apple Store. Of course this won't make a bit of difference for the die hard,...
The gold Edition is already knocked-off and being sold in stores and the Watch hasn't even hit the streets yet ...http://mashable.com/2015/01/08/fake-apple-watch-ces/http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/ordered-fake-apple-watch-china/story?id=29763640
Considering the intent to likely resell, I'm thinking the sport model is the worst investment. With a glass crystal, and aluminum case, I'm not expecting it to hold up very well to extensive use. Unlike an iPhone that usually gets carried in a case, so as to be virtually brand new-looking upon resale. For that purpose the basic stainless is probably warranted. As for the even more expensive models, you clearly have no affinity for gold, or the need to impress people with...
I am certain Apple will go slimmer ... that's their M.O. But again, fashion is king in this regard, and slim and thick go in and out of fashion. So that's the elephant in the room. And I am waiting to see whether Apple dives into the fashion aspect of watchmaking as much as they do the technical. Right now, it's like Rolex made only one model -- the Daytona, in 6 different colors and 2 different sizes. What I will be curious to see is whether Apple sticks with this one...
Surely the Watch will do this for the person who buys a Sport and an Edition, or even all three ...
But that's a good thing right? There's no such thing as bad press ... The worst that could happen is the stock dips, I pick up more at a lower price and reap the rewards after the watch starts selling.Lines around stores to ensure early adopters get one that may be in short supply, and that makes for great news coverage. The general public doesn't know all the behind the scenes reasons, they just see people who want the watch which translates to huge demand and short...