or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Since when has that stopped Apple? Remember my personal favorite -- 'the iPhone doesn't have a physical keyboard so it will fail'?Since different bands cost real money whether as part of the watch or separately, what's to stop people from buying the cheapest watch with the sports band and plan to buy another band later, but then decide it's good enough? That's not how it's going down though. People want the other bands. What difference does it make if it comes in the same...
Yup. It probably works just like a wireless iTunes synch. I wonder if Photos can be transferred on the fly, or if you have to dock the watch to do that too? Since the photo limit is so small, they probably aren't anticipating as great a battery drain. It would be unfortunate if you couldn't take a photo on your iPhone, and load it onto your watch without your charger.And that's to say nothing of what third party apps may allow. Apple doesn't allow video as far as I know,...
That all depends on how you plan on using the watch. Frankly, until I start using Siri on the watch, I'm a bit skeptical in relying on it as a primary input method, especially since it will require me to talk to my watch in all sorts of socially unacceptable settings. Perhaps I'm alone in this, but if I get to the point where I have to start talking to my watch, I'm probably pulling out the iPhone instead. And unless Apple has been holding back advances with Siri,...
Didn't Apple have select third party boutique retail partners? I've been trying to go back and find the articles that said which they would be but can't find it. I remember one jewelry store in Los Angeles in particular.I recall in many of the statements from Apple about release day, that the watch would be available in the Apple Stores to preview on the 10th, and would be available at their retail partners on the 24th. So does this mean, those third party retailers will...
Apple isn't worried about you. They know you will always evaluate your electronic gear on the basis of quality engineering and thus will always buy Apple. Apple is concerned about the millions of people who don't care about smart watches. As has been stated often enough, this isn't a cellphone, a commodity everybody needs. It's an accessory for the iPhone, which many average people are scratching their heads wondering why they need it. So the more it looks like an accepted...
Interesting, so you cannot transfer music to the watch unless its on its charger. Maybe it's a battery saving measure considering transferring 2GB of music might take a while? I wonder if that will be a restriction for any other file transfers in and out of the device?
I've been asking that since day one. No gold Milanese either, which is the only way I've ever seen a Milanese bracelet in the wild. My initial reaction is that after reading about the link manufacture process, each band takes 9 hours to manufacture, they are most definitely going to have a yield problem. Also not knowing how popular each band would be -- now that the link band is the third most popular, it's a fair bet they will devote some machine time to the gold link...
I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about Apple's licensing policies, or any potential licensees. They surely have a patent on that band connection mechanism, and as such, anybody knocking it off can be easily thwarted. I guess I feel like if these bands were legitimate, we'd have heard something by now. If they're knock-offs, considering Apple could probably shut them down quickly enough, my guess is they'd be a money grab and not very high quality. Apple's already...
But who's to say there won't be soon? At the end of the day, there is absolutely no difference between the solid gold version and the Sport model, except materials, and styling. And I can't imagine Apple won't start offering a $1-2K gold option for their customers who don't wear silver, so that will narrow the distinction even more. So seriously, if Apple has customers with $17K burning a hole in their pocket who are willing to pay for a watch which aside from about $2k in...
To each his own, I find I increasingly use my iPad over my Mac as time goes on.  However, I agree with you that the watch will be used primarily for quick <2 second interactions. This is also Jony Ives' last reported position on the watch as well. This is why I say it doesn't matter what shape the watch is, because anybody who needs to read more text than can be displayed in a circular display in a quick 2 second glance will move to the iPhone, so ultimately style will be...