or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/07/fashion/watches-are-rediscovered-by-the-cellphone-generation.html?_r=2
It is what it is ... and I'm not sure how it looks much different than this:   retro styling is one thing for a change of pace, but it's another when everyone is wearing the exact same design -- a watch band with a black square face. Homogeny has never been a goal of watch buyers.  Fashion is a funny thing, people don't like wearing the exact same things as the people around them, and many use it as a way to distinguish themselves. Hopefully the watch bands will be enough...
Yup. There's a potent comparison there ... 
Maybe. But I wonder why you never see an Watch in that context with a dark face, the way it will normally look on the wrist? It's always brightly illuminated, a condition all but the wearer are normally not going to see. On the other hand, I believe it's possible to pass judgement on how a watch looks by itself.   
At least the Sport Watch looks like a fitness tracker, or one of those trendy rubber "support" bands. But it looks even stranger without a face on the most expensive band Apple offers -- the stainless link band:  And I actually think I prefer it without the colored "dot" on the digital crown, as on the Sport model.
Exactly my thoughts. This makes it look like any other watch and gives a false sense of how it will look on your wrist.I wonder how that was accomplished? Did the model have to keep re-pressing the illumination button (which would take some of the spontaneity out of the Photoshoot), or does Apple have special demo software that allows the backlight to stay on (I can't imagine that's an actual release option), or was it simply photoshopped?
Isn't this how religions get started?
Ah, now I see your position:I don't keep comparing mechanical watches to the Watch ... the media, these articles, and other members of this forum are doing that ... I'm just discussing it. I'm fully aware that the Watch is not a wristwatch and I have stated as much in defense of the watch industry.I'm also not saying the daily charging is a "barrier to adoption". But it will be an issue to some, and they will weigh the benefits vs. the inconvenience of battery life, as...
When all else fails, turn to hyperbolic personal attacks eh?. You are aware your inferences are your own, and not reflective of me, or society at large? I at least included a link to an article of someone else who had similar issues with Apple's first attempt at a watch. Where is your article that says 99.99% of people won't have an issue with charging their Watch everyday? Not that I need to defend myself from your baseless attack, but if I find something particularly...
I just saw Caddyshack in HD on TV the other day, and was impressed how well it holds up. It's a timeless classic.But talk of inclement weather got me thinking --Do we know what the recommended operating temperatures are?The iPhone is rated from 32-95 degrees only. Hopefully the watch is rated for much colder and hotter conditions. In particular, the watch will be an amazing tool for winter sports like snow skiing, or just working or exercising in the cold. The iPhone can...