or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

I was thinking something along the lines of this: 
If Apple designs their own car, it will have custom designed Tires only.
Except that's NOT what Apple states -- they speak specifically of AMBIENT temperatures.
 I agree. It's a foothold into the wearable market, for which anything is possible in a very few years. But the watchmakers have as much ability to acquire the engineering expertise to incorporate smartwatch features into their watches as Apple had acquiring their fashion personnel to design and market the watch. They won't all be successful, but they don't have to be to survive.
Not everyone needs the full functionality of the Watch, nor will they all want to wear the same thing as everybody else on their wrists to get it.   The Watch will definitely take sales away from the traditional watch makers ... but the things it can do, that wearables will provide, like POS terminals, car and door locks, etc., will be easily implemented into watches, thus mitigating the damage Apple will do to the industry. Some will hire top software engineers and...
Well iFixit shows that the Sport appears to contain lower quality parts than the Stainless model they disassembled. But who knows. The official marketing point for the Ion-X glass is that it makes the light aluminum watch even lighter (presumably for sporting activities, like running and cycling). So theoretically it is an application segment description. It's just a coincidence that all of these materials are cheaper than on the stainless. ;-)
I think the parameters are more robust than Apple's conservative specs. The reason it is potentially a problem is because it is being worn on a persons arm which is far more likely to be exposed to below freezing temps and excessive heat and direct sunlight than an iPhone. Which is a shame because accessing your iPhone via your wrist would be ideal in extreme weather conditions. I know just being able to use it on a ski lift would take the worry out of potentially dropping...
Oh I know it all too well, having lived in Florida. But it rarely gets over 100 degrees as I recall. The combined extreme heat with any humidity amplifies the negative effects of both. Also, direct sunlight on the watch is prohibited as well, especially in combination with extreme heat. So better wear long sleeves in the Summer as well. Unfortunately the Arctic is not an option either since the watch can't be operated below 32 degrees. 
Wow. You realize you are exceeding the warranty operating conditions significantly. Apple advised no hotter than 95 degrees, low humidity environments (specifically stating no steam room use).
While this is strictly anecdotal, my company offers a Fitbit subsidy, which dozens of employees took advantage of. Even with the Watch looming on the horizon, many were not at all interested in the watch. Several in my immediate office owned iPhones, iPads, and Macs, but were primarily interested in a fitness tracker, especially for the price. Since the watch came out, not a single one has regretted their purchase. There's an avid Fitbit community at work that regularly...