or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Isn't this how religions get started?
Ah, now I see your position:I don't keep comparing mechanical watches to the Watch ... the media, these articles, and other members of this forum are doing that ... I'm just discussing it. I'm fully aware that the Watch is not a wristwatch and I have stated as much in defense of the watch industry.I'm also not saying the daily charging is a "barrier to adoption". But it will be an issue to some, and they will weigh the benefits vs. the inconvenience of battery life, as...
When all else fails, turn to hyperbolic personal attacks eh?. You are aware your inferences are your own, and not reflective of me, or society at large? I at least included a link to an article of someone else who had similar issues with Apple's first attempt at a watch. Where is your article that says 99.99% of people won't have an issue with charging their Watch everyday? Not that I need to defend myself from your baseless attack, but if I find something particularly...
I just saw Caddyshack in HD on TV the other day, and was impressed how well it holds up. It's a timeless classic.But talk of inclement weather got me thinking --Do we know what the recommended operating temperatures are?The iPhone is rated from 32-95 degrees only. Hopefully the watch is rated for much colder and hotter conditions. In particular, the watch will be an amazing tool for winter sports like snow skiing, or just working or exercising in the cold. The iPhone can...
Nobody NEEDS an Watch. It's an iPhone accessory -- a luxury. It's the phone that's a necessity. As a fitness tracker or iPod alone it's over priced.The iPod was an digital option to something many people were using, whether it can be said anybody actually NEEDS a portable music player. The iPod was the future of the Walkman, one of the most ubiquitous portable consumer electronic items around for two decades. Kids knew this, and would therefore save up their allowance, or...
For you it's not. When I wore my titanium Citizen chronograph, I never took it off. Wore it in the shower, swimming, surfing, gym, etc. And I even wore it while sleeping on occasion. It charged via sunlight, so never had to worry about it runnin out of power ever. And that's exactly why I bought it, so I never had to worry about it. For me, it's one more thing I have to remember to charge everyday. And I won't even get into how that's gonna work with sleep monitoring...
An interesting look at the demise of the watch on the 'eve' of the iPhone's arrival.   http://www.cbsnews.com/news/wear-a-watch-what-for/   And where it stood 5 years after.   http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/07/fashion/watches-are-rediscovered-by-the-cellphone-generation.html?_r=0
Frankly for this and other reasons, I don't see Apple introducing a control hub.  That was the intention behind MobileMe. The computer was the "hub" and not the cloud. Apple doesn't want you to control your services from home, they want you to retrieve them from the cloud. In that regard, why have a dedicated "hub" when Apple hopes you will be surrounded by Apple devices that can already be cross-utilized to provide whatever services you need from them? I can take calls on...
Exactly. The "App-ologists" all downplay the importance of battery life for the sucess of the Watch -- and I've no doubt that the watch will be sucessful. However, in what you propose, and with which I agree, battery life is going to be the single most important aspect of the smartwatch wholesale replacement of the mechanical watch, which even then it will thrive as a niche market."Tech" people who may or may not wear a watch currently, are going to accept the...
You may well be right. However, fashion is the aspect of this equation that never existed before for Apple, or other tech companies. Quartz technology is hybrid technology. The watch industry already weathered this, and yet mechanical winding watches are still manufactured and are in demand. In the end, if inconspicuous chips can be embedded into a traditional watch that duplicate many functions of a smart watch, why wouldn't they? A friend of mine just bought a fitbit,...