or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Understood, but my original point is that Apple would still have to build a network of garages where mechanics got their fingernails dirty working with these parts. Aside from engine oil, there's still air filters, tires and brakes, but you may be right, it might be  a year before they would need to do any serious maintenance, but it will eventually be routine on older cars -- that just briefly puts off the inevitable for Apple. Then again, after 3 years, Apple might just...
This isn't about Apple changing their behavior. Certainly they have already changed they way they marketed and launched the Watch. This is about the realities of the watch itself. It's cost prohibitive to upgrade the watch. And, there's nothing of value in the stainless to make it worth trading in for the new model. The gold Edition however, has around $1-2K in gold Apple can credit against the next gen model and melt down to reuse for the next Edition. Does Apple give...
 This. The stockholders won't sit still for a massive startup capitalization, with resultantly low profit margins. And there's no practical way around that. Perhaps Pay is Apple's foray into banking, and they will indeed become their own financing company, selling the car with such high margins that the only way to afford it for most is by financing it. There would still have to be a correspondingly high interest rate to offset low volume sales which might make it equally...
Good point. I'm also curious if the Mio samples at the same intervals as the Watch. The OP indicates that the "watch", which I presume is the Watch only, measures every 5 seconds during a workout, and every 10 minutes normally. One other complaint is that it takes a while to take the reading on the watch and offer results, it's not "real time", even sending the personal "heartbeat" feature appears to use the last recorded heartbeat, and not what a person is experiencing...
Not this again. Did you see how difficult the teardown on iFixit is? The cost of upgrading that watch would far outweigh replacing it with a new one. The Edition owners won't care, though the cost of trading it in would be a lot more manageable considering the gold content. Everybody else, not so much.
I've never been throttled once, or noticed a degradation of my service in all the years I've had the unlimited data plan.
I'd buy into that. But it's funny how people think an electric car no longer needs grease, lubrication, and fluids to service all the moving parts. There may not be engine oil, but everything from the gears, to the brakes, to the rotars and suspension, coolant etc. will need lubricants, fluids, and maintenance.
Exactly. It's confusing. And I'm not sure why AI is making it a story.
You make a number of good points. However. Apple was originally a computer maker. That hasn't changed, they still are. What they did was put computers in music players, into cell phones, into payment systems, and into watches. They didn't get into the music business, Apple isn't creating the content, they just replaced the local record store. They didn't launch a cellular network. They just made your phone do more. They didn't open a bank, or get into the POST business,...
Right, that's what I thought ... but this article seems to be suggesting that this means Apple Stores will soon have stock to sell to walk-in customers. I know right now I can buy a product with my Apple Store App, and select in store pick-up and it will tell me if there's stock available, or whether I have to wait for it. I would imagine the same would be true for the Watch, and likely it will tell me the in-store pick up will be available on a particular...