or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

How is this raining on my parade? This is great news!
Is there any reason why Apple wouldn't approve the CurrentC app for use with the iPhone?  Frankly, I wouldn't be opposed to using it since the iPhone 5 series doesn't support Apple Pay, and I have no intention of upgrading until Apple offers a smaller phone than the 6, nor do I plan on buying an Apple Watch to use Apple Pay. 
am i missing something? What does Microsoft get out of this? Getting into the hardware business? Their mobile market is so narrow, and the band not compelling enough in any event to draw people into their product niche, so seriously wheres the incentive for them to do it? Is this brand building?
There are some parents reading the paper this morning wondering whether to take their Apple products away from their kids and buy Samsung.There are going to be people for whom the sexual orientation of the CEO of a company they buy products from will influence their purchase decisions.There will be repercussions for Apple. But as you say, it will be a bump in the road in the grand scheme. I doubt it will even be a measurable difference in their reported profits, since most...
Compared to how much time some transactions take now ... typing in your customer rewards numbers, swiping your card, go through all the options for cash back, etc., the average transaction takes way more than :15 seconds compared to something like Apple Pay. And frankly I'm not sure how Apple Pay works with rewards card holders ... I imagine that information will still have to be entered, but based on the convoluted litany of steps I have to go through now, I can't imagine...
I figure the iPod Touch is the next on to go. I mean with 4.7 & 5.5 inch iPhones, and the iPad mini, why would anyone buy a 4" iPod Touch? I figure if they keep it around it'll be a 5.5" offering only, or perhaps something even larger between the 6 Plus and the mini.
You know what's absolutely astounding about this?   I was in my US Bank branch last week and asked them when my US Bank Visa would be functional with Apple Pay. She didn't miss a beat and asked me "What's Apple Pay?". My jaw dropped. I said it was the new secure swipeless credit card technology for use with the iPhone. And she said, that it was something she would look into, that the bank was probably waiting to see how well it worked and if any other major banks were...
This article really makes me wonder what they're going to do with the iPod Touch. Will it get a 4.7" or 5.5" screen? Or will they persist with a 4" screen as the ultimate entry level iPhone? Or will the touch be a brand new screen size somewhere between the 5.5" phablet and the mini? I mean who really needs a Touch anymore? I mean if I were a parent buying my kid a non-cellular portable device, for the money, I think I would buy them a mini. Seriously, why would anyone...
Upgraded. Good point. Perhaps I should back it up with Time Capsule, reformat, then restore from the backup.
Interesting. I installed it on my Mom's 2009 White MacBook, and it's incredibly slow compared to Mavericks. I mean it's super slow. The lag time is staggering. Not sure what's the cause, the processor or the install. Fortunately, she's not doing anything that requires massive performance, and I'd rather her have full compatibility with iOS 8 on her iPhone and iPad. But still I'm a little concerned about the performance hit my 2011 MacBook Pro will take which is already...