or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Does this mean "in store pickup" with a pre-order? Or does this mean an in store pickup if already in stock for walk-in purchase? Weren't Apple not allowing in-store pickups for pre-order shipments during the launch?
Apple should have just told them to go to Maxfield in LA, where Watches are plentiful and in stock everyday, and they would have been given special priority.
All the same this is an important step in laying the foundation for that. I'm happy to hear this. I'd like a good search engine alternative that doesn't hoover up my search proclivities and regurgitate them back to me in unexpected ads in weird places. Apple will do it right, and I hope to be able to use it. Spotlight has however developed some new annoying habits as of late that I don't care for, like searching the iTunes Store for songs I'm looking for on my Mac locally,...
The Apple reps only yesterday finally put a stop to much of the abuse by resellers, after two weeks of letting some of these guys buy multiple watches day after day. Maxfield allowed this to happen despite stated policies to the contrary, but Apple didn't do anything to stop it, despite it also violating their own policies. Customers in line now have to enter their information on an iPad to ensure they don't buy more than one watch.Since Maxfield can't mark up the retail...
Cool.
I paid $50 for two of us to watch the fight at a local sports bar that was charging $25/ticket. It was a lame fight, but a fun night chatting with others. It wasn't the cheapest evenings entertainment I've paid for, but that's basically what it was ... I imagine for those who paid $100, it was worth the social interaction to share it with their friends. 
So the people on this thread complaining about me selling the watches to the highest bidder are just kidding? Or they aren't Apple fans? Thanks to Apple, I've just taken my profit on the Apple watches I walked in off the street to buy same day and sold, and purchased 12 more shares of AAPL stock ... If I have time and the line's not too long, I may stop by Maxfield again this week and buy another one to sell on eBay and buy 6 more shares. So nobody should be outraged over...
Personally I'm not bragging about it. I'm making a point. Apple totally screwed the pooch on this launch, and I'm not talking about constrained supply, I'm talking about the customer relations and the retail partners they climbed into bed with. Apple is a big grown up company and they have created this embarrassing situation that is alienating some customers, and likely irritating the high end fashion retail partners they have been bending over backwards to accommodate....
No that's not what I'm saying at all. Supply problems aren't the issue in my mind. The problem is that Apple is servicing these select elitist boutiques, with full inventory for all the customers they can handle in a day since the launch, while they turn their own customers away at the door. Apple apparently flat out lied when they issued a statement that "no stores" would have inventory on April 24th, when what they meant was no Apple Stores would. Then they very quietly...
Yup. I've made over $1500 off the two watches I bought. This is what Angelea and Apple wanted. They set this model in motion, and are tacitly encouraging it. There are "mobsters" at Maxfield who are obviously buying multiple watches from the same salespeople, with Apple representatives standing right there. Apple is endorsing this behavior.