or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

It's only a problem if you fly Allegiant which charges you $5 to print your ticket at the airport.I personally don't have time to stand in those lines, or screw with those frustrating kiosks. I walk in and straight through security. That's why I always carry a backup battery pack, just in case my phone runs out of power at a critical time.
Some surfers have reported subjecting the watch to regular surf sessions for weeks now, with no adverse affects. The watch is clearly more water resistant than Apple is letting on. Whether that remains true after a year, or two is another matter. But I don't really see this watch as a long term investment anyway. That's one of the things that's compelling me to buy a Sport. For $350, I can afford to risk it with at least some reported guarantee I may get a year, or more,...
This is not going to happen as fast as you think. Banks are way behind issuing chip cards, and some think it will take until the end of next year before even a majority of cards have been replaced. Merchants are not liable for any transaction made with a traditional magswipe card, only those transactions where the customer actually has a chip card and the merchant can't process the transaction securely. The smaller merchants who do not regularly conduct high end...
To be fair, the most compelling features are introduced with the whole number models, as well as the latest designs. Take the 4S to 5 jump. The 5 introduced a new larger screen. For many people that was a big deal. But Touch ID and 64 bit chip weren't things that could immediately be utilized, as Pay wasn't in use, and there was little software that took advantage of the 6 bit architecture. So there was nothing particularly compelling that was driving a stampede to the...
Having read just about everything written about Jobs and Apple, I can see, and have seen, how those stories could make for a great movie. Heck, the early days of Apple could even be a MadMen-like TV series.    But I don't see an opera. I understand they did Nixon in China which was successful, but honestly what is there for Jobs and Sculley to croon about? I guess Gates and Jobs could perform a dramatic Aria called "You Stole My Operating System".   This is just a bad...
My feeling is the Watch is the beginning of something else entirely. And a watch is the best way to express it. From various interviews I've read, it appears that Jony Ive pushed hard for this product and had to convince Apple to do it. That said, I don't think he was wrong. And Apple has seemingly given us an indication that the watch is a work in progress by lumping it into the same category as the Apple TV. In other words, they're not expecting to sell watches at the...
And more vendors accept Pay. That's likely going to be the thing that takes the longest, getting all the retailers onboard with Pay. And don't think every retailer will be switching to NFC compatible readers in October. That's likely going to take a year to convert everyone over, depending on how fast the banks can get their chip cards rolled out. But big box retailers and big franchises will all likely be converted.  I will be very interested to see if Apple ever...
It already is ... specifically military trainers for one. Who do you think paid to develop this technology in the first place?
Major filmmakers and studios are reportedly getting heavily involved in VR. This is likely the entertainment of the future.
The supplier reported earnings data just like Apple does every quarter. They did their duty to their stockholders as a publicly traded company. When they miss their projections they have to justify why it happened, there's no "leaking" of information here.