or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Funny thing age. For me, I have the exact opposite problem, I need to bring the iPhone as close to my eyes as possible, so a bigger screen is absolutely of no use to me in that respect. I intentionally bought the 5S when the 6 came out, since aside from Pay, there's nothing about the 6 I need, especially the screen size. I am still entertaining whether or not to buy an Watch at this juncture which would give me Pay. But I mainly bought it for the size. I don't want to...
Actually it is a design problem. There is simply not enough room on the rMB to include more than two ports. Apple chose to include an single-function, 1/8" mini-phone jack instead of a second USB-C port. The 1/8" mini-phone jack is actually larger in diameter than the USB-C port is tall, meaning Apple will have to lose it to go much thinner on the rMB. Having only one port is fine for a mobile device, but for a device like a laptop, having two ports that do the exact same...
You're assuming that Apple will not in any way ever seek to make their devices thinner.
Yes you are absolutely right. This is likely what's going to happen. Apple probably engineered the 5S and 5C for this exact scenario. Very little work to do here. And it gives their 5C design another year of life, which otherwise would make the 5C the shortest lived design since the original iPhone.  My guess is that they will actually do to the 5S what they did to the iPod Touch and update the internals next year to essentially boost it up to the iPhone 6 with a 5" screen...
I have never used a case with an iPhone, never treated on with kid gloves, and I have never scratched a rear facing camera lens. 
Exactly. And in the process they free up the metal milling factory that produces the 5S so that it can start making the 6S, while the factory that's been producing the 6 and 6 plus continue to churn out those models.  However, I don't see them adding NFC and Pay to it this round. I suspect that the plastic "c" model might be around for one more year with modified 5S internals to boost the chip specs like the iPod Touch, and add NFC and Pay. Essentially a stripped down 6...
And to a wider market than ever. Apple is steadily expanding their market every year. China and Asia in particular. The 6 series phones expanded their market to Android users who refused to switch to a smaller screen but really wanted an iPhone. Trying to suggest that the iPhone 6 is the most successful phone ever sold because it is larger than any iPhone before it, is specious at best. It also doesn't take into consideration how many 5S and 5C iPhones Apple is selling,...
We have already seen a rumored modified iPhone 5C case which I don't believe has been debunked. http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/03/30/alleged-iphone-6c-rear-shell-suggests-apple-will-repackage-iphone-5s-parts Moreover, you're suggesting that rather than modify a common plastic mold to accommodate a different design, it's less expensive to build a brand new factory to manufacture 5 metal iPhones, instead of dropping the 5S into a plastic case? So in addition to the...
 I agree this is the most logical thing to expect, as much as I want a new 4" phone. The only caveat I would add is the mid-tier 6 might only be sold in only one or two colors. That would further distinguish it from the new 6S which may come in as many as 4 colors if rumors pan out.
Not really. Apple has now established a new benchmark for the "free" phone. It's a plastic case, and it's selling well. Continuing to sell the premium iPhone 5S as is for "free" sort of raises the bar that Apple has successfully lowered with the 5C. Also, it frees up a manufacturing facility currently milling metal 5S cases to continue making the 6, or whatever arrives as the mid-tier phone, without building more factories. I believe that Apple clearly engineered the 5S to...