or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

Your stating the obvious has nothing to do with it. And again -- Siri is NOT critical to the success of the Watch. The elimination of which does not make it any less an Apple watch than a previous generation iPhone is without Siri. Many people don't use Siri now.
You wrote a lot but gave very few facts, if any, nor clarified your position for me. I can only presume you misunderstood what I wrote. I'm NOT suggesting Apple rush a plastic watch to market. Only offering one when it makes economic sense. And no, I'm not fixating on the internals at all -- only to the extent they affect the water-resistance rating of the current watch, to address a problem for a not insignificant demographic. I'm suggesting that by offering an identical...
Agreed this is not a very attractive band-aid to Apple eventually releasing a truly water resistant watch rated for water activities. And you are correct, the IPX 7 rating applies to sitting still in a tank of water -- which implies a constant pressure. Moving water and force of contact changes that equation. Now, there is no guarantee that the watch will not stand up to more, but presumably Apple did test the extremes, and it did not or they would certainly have published...
You can if you have one of the devices which support it: iPhone 6/6+iPad Air 2iPad Mini 3 The Watch does not appear to support it via your iPhone for no obvious reason.  However, the fact these iPads can handle Pay at all makes me wonder why you can't also use them to set up your Watch on them, without the need for an iPhone. Many people have the cellular versions of these devices and carry those around with them in backpacks, briefcases and purses ... seems like...
Then clearly you think the iPhone 5c was a terrible mistake, as is the iPad mini, or perhaps adding at least three color options for every single mobile device they make ... despite what Apple says in its quarterly reports?
Just my own experience, but telling. I did cut the cord a couple of years ago with Time Warner. I called to get an internet only package which turned out to be $60/month. They pitched me a number of other offers which I flatly rejected. Then, they finally offered be the "broadcast" TV package + internet rate -- $40/month. So the internet by itself was $20 more, than if I took the basic local broadcast station package. And that's the basis of their license deals with the...
I've been speculating about this on other threads, but it really all depends on what Apple thinks they're selling. If it's just a really nice smart watch, then yes I could see it being similar to the iPad. Although I think Apple would try hard to get updates out by April every year to capitalize on graduations, perhaps the single time of the year when the most watches are sold. But certainly in time for Christmas works too. You have to imagine that despite all the effort...
Now who's being silly?The fact Apple introduced an entry level plastic iPhone they report as selling well is all the credibility I need behind my proposal.
I think the Watch will do well too. But it's not like the iPod, or the iPhone, nor the iPad in my mind. Everybody had a cell phone before the iPhone. Not everyone has a watch, or even wants one. The iPad likewise replaces the computer for many people -- it's a simpler, more convenient, and cheaper interface for what they're already using. People were buying MP3 players before the iPod came along, but they weren't easy to use. It wasn't the iPod itself that really changed...
Isn't this only a concern if you lose your older iDevice? And in that event cant most pre-iOS 8.1 devices still in use be remote wiped via iCloud?