or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

I've been saying this all along. There's no doubt that the Moto and many others are not executed as well as the Watch, but we're talking about case design. Apple is certainly going to do a round watch better than any of these. And the Swiss watchmakers are likewise going to bring a level of competition to Apple's design and build quality that no other competitor ever has, least of all Motorola and Samsung. Apple has done what it always does, raise the bar for its...
I tend to agree. Comparing the 36mm Rolex to it only emphasized how blocky the Watch is compared to something that's sculpted for the wrist, like a classic wristwatch design. Im confident Apple will eventually get into this kind of subtle styling. Otherwise it's just a square brick on a  strap, however beautifully executed.  But to each his own. I personally wouldn't own that Rolex either, but I do appreciate the design and contouring.
And now you know why there aren't any gold anodized Sport watches to go with that gold iPhone. Imagine if they had to add one more case finish to this lineup. I'm also assuming we'll see some kind of gold clad watch on the stainless line, since there's a lot of people who don't wear silver jewelry or accessories.
How awkward is it that they have to order the watch online even while standing in the store, only to find out they can't get it until August? Apple has not announced how soon after April 24th inventory will be available for purchase by walk-in customers without pre-orders, but they announced none will be available for purchase on the 24th. Apple appears not to want any lines for this product launch. I'm not complaining about fairness, I'm concerned about not marketing 'the...
Of course they did ...    gold anodized Watch Sport by November anyone?
Touche. But the fact is, the band will be different and the watch won't. The watch will still look exactly like everybody else's. Just with a different band.
Really, so the stores aren't crowded with thousands more people to try it on today? Or for the next two weeks? Seriously how is starting this process a week or two earlier any more a problem for the Stores than it is two weeks later? You're not keeping up. There will be NO watches available at ANY Apple Store on 4/24. Apple has not announced when watches will first be available at the stores. So no luck picking one up on the 24th. Hope you were able to pre-order yours.
Yes it's sure to drive the black-market Edition knock-offs so the kids who want to emulate Pharell and Drake can afford to wear the same kind of gold wrist wear as they do. Fortunately the Chinese started selling them before it was even released :-) 
No, I'm speculating based on Apple's well documented business practices. Google "Apple supply chain" and educate yourself. In 2012 it was reported that Apple turns over its entire inventory every 5 days. http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/05/31/apple_turns_over_entire_inventory_every_five_days They are continually ranked as the best in the world at this. Manufacturing a ton of inventory to sit around in warehouses is not their M.O.
To be fair, it doesn't change the look of the watch, it changes the look of the band. The watch is still going to be an identical black glass square with silver highlights for most people in the world.