or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

I thought I had found a work-around here ... I have the YouTube App on my iPhone and iPad, so I got cleaver and decided to stream the video via Airplay to the TV. Boy did I get a surprise -- As near as I can tell sometime in the last year, the TV got an update, or iOS 8 Apps did, that prevent the iOS device from streaming the video directly from the phone to the TV. Instead, it appears to hand off the video address to the TV, and then the TV streams the content...
Maybe. But I don't see it that way. Maybe this fashion season while it's hot, but watches have always been in a space to be different and I don't see Apple changing fashion unless Jony Ive suddenly gains the reputation of a Paul Lagerfeld with fashion designers around the world looking to him for design cues on all manner of fashions.
Thanks for googling that for me, but ... all of the watches that turned up had no wrist depicted so it was hard to get an idea of how oversized they were. Also, most of them were antiques from auction houses. The few currently being sold had no case sizes to extrapolate dimensions from. One did have a 22mm wide band, and the watch wasn't much  wider, so that doesn't particularly strike me as being oversized. And that pretty much explains why I have never seen an oversized...
Right. If Apple hadn't bought Beats, people around here would likely be in agreement with the reviewers. But now that Apple owns it, they're nothing less than the best money can buy at any price.
Other than I wasn't including anything but North and South America, that's true. There's also a store in Paris, Milan, Berlin, as well as in Cities in China and Japan ... and didn't I also hear Hong Kong? So no, Maxfield is NOT siphoning all of the watches from the supply chain, these other stores are contributing as well. But they are the only one in the Western Hemisphere. ;-)
I have NEVER seen a rectangular oversized watch face -- they've all been round. Going oversized with a round watch works better than a rectangular shape because it doesn't have the effect of filling the entire wrist like those geeky watch calculators of yore. The corners reduce the overall size of the watch on the wrist.
Nope, Maxfield in LA is getting them all for their walk in customers  ...
I don't care how Apple wants to market beats, but if they are going to curate the brand, I wish they would step into the engineering of the hardware and make it more Apple-like. as Beats was widely perceived as mostly style and little substance by critics. If they are going to charge premiums on the product like Apple does, they need to deliver the goods.
Yup. just ask Maxfield LA. I'm sure they're rethinking their partnership with Apple now they they are the only brick and mortar store in the Western Hemisphere to stock Watch inventory.
I initially agreed with this, but now I'm rethinking it when I saw this picture:  The amount of the finger accessed by the button is about as much as I routinely press my touch ID with. Maybe slightly less, but considering Touch ID already takes multiple samples, I'd say there's enough in that slight contact, based on my experience with my iPhone to do the job. In fact it will probably ore accurate than the placement on my touch ID at present.