or Connect

Posts by Mac_128

I agree ... You have no idea how many times I leave my wallet in my car with phone in hand, and hold up the check stand while I run out and get it ... I tell them everytime Pay would have prevented that.
You both make good points. However, I think what this suggests is that Apple could easily market a premium iPod Touch and probably an iPhone with 256GB, and make it worth their while. Maybe a BTO option, where Apple takes orders over a two week period and then does a limited run with 256GB.That's all these people want, the ability to carry a lot of music. The Touch is attractive because it doesn't cost as much as an iPhone, and like the Classic, if a person takes it on a...
I have had a persistent intermittent problem with wifi and websites connecting. The iPad works fine when the 2011 MacBook Pro doesn't.
So, if Apple had not come out with the Watch, you would not buy any other fitness tracker on the market which offer similar features as Watch that you desire? Sounds like the biased reasoning of an Apple fanboi to me -- doesn't wear a watch, only willing to wear a watch if Apple makes one.
Your needs sound like a good solution for Apple iPhone sports enthusiasts. Well as long as you don't take the Watch off while you're away from your iPhone, which might be how the Watch is authorized to use Pay (in which case you don't want to leave your iPhone too far behind). For anyone who doesn't already have an iPhone, I doubt it's going to motivate them to buy one. Except for Pay, you could buy almost any smart watch out there to do what you want. And that's where...
Make up your mind. Do people need a larger screen to interact with the iPhone? If so, then how will a MUCH SMALLER screen replace that? How will you browse the internet through a 1" screen? How will you watch a movie? Read a book? Your solution seems to imply people will carry around an iPad for these other uses. So people are going to carry around an even larger device that simply moves the cellular radio from the larger device to the smaller one? And how does that make...
In what way? I don't disagree they aren't complimentary in some respects, but it's NOTHING like the Watch and the iPhone. The iPad can do almost anything the Mac can do, albeit on a scaled level, and it can do some things a Mac can't do at all. A person truly could buy one or the other, and never need the other to do most things people use computers for these days. Both are stand alone products that do not need the other to accomplish similar tasks.The Watch relies on...
For now. I know that my iPhone 5s will allow me to manage Pay for use with my Watch, however, Apple has not enabled that functionality within the Passport app on my 5s yet. Now what hardware does a 5s have that allows me to manage Pay, that a current MacBook doesn't? Or an iPad for that matter? If iCloud allows me to delete a credit card, I don't really see why I couldn't also add a credit card as well, other than Apple hasn't enabled that particular functionality.
Good point. Maybe it will work. Interestingly, I just saw an ad for a Seiko Astron which sets itself automatically using GPS. And it's solar powered. Frankly if you can manage Pay from iCloud, I really don't understand why they limit the ability to set up an Watch with a 5 series iPhone.
So presumably after the Watch is released, iPhone 5, 5c, & 5s users will be able to also manage their credit cards here as well. That's a very convenient feature to have. I wonder if this will also allow the Watch to be authorized by a Mac, when someone has left their iPhone at home? That would be a handy feature to have. I wonder if an Watch can be an "trusted" device for retrieving the verification codes as well? Hmmm. Will find my iPhone work with the Watch? That...