or Connect

Posts by xflare

Yep..
What are the margins like on the Mini now? They must be enormous by now- it hasn't been touched in almost a year, the hardware is ancient in computing terms. GMA 950, Combo Drives? They must get those for practically free, all the while charging customers extortionate prices for them.
This is probably the reason it's been abandoned... no one uses it as a computer,but as some media centre, which is what the Apple TV was intended.
LOL These analysts make me laugh!!!!!
WWDC will be 100% iPhone/iPhone SDK and nothing else.
So what will be coming in June ?
Id like to see them announce the death of the Combo Drive... it will be 2008 for gods sake, not 1998.
"ComboDrive" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tears hair out . OMFG
Have a look here: http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/ MacBooks were last updated on the 15th of May, but just a small processor speed bump and RAM upgrade (still with combo drive ) I think it may be a while before we see any update, maybe even be at Mac World San Francisco in January.
I really thought this would be the year Apple retired the Combo Drive... sadly not. I do think it's unacceptable to put a combo drive in a £700 laptop. Even PC's in the £350 price range have DVD burners.