or Connect

Posts by blackbeard

Hi all. I'm about to invest a bundle into a new setup for my office (I work in commercial real estate but enjoy dabbling with lots of technologies ranging from programming to video editing) and was hoping to get a bit of advice as to any ways to improve the machine configuration I'd like to purchase. I'm open to any suggestions you may have as to how to get more value from my purchase, whether it be through upgrading or downgrading aspects...without further ado, here is...
I would love to know what options exist to achieve Citrix/RDP functionality on the OS X Platform. Microsoft Terminal services & Citrix allow you to 'spawn' many desktops from a single server so that clients can run applications remotely and simultaneously (as in 1 server providing multiple desktops). So far, I've found a small company called 'aqua connect' which is in the process of launching a solution, but they're impossible to get in touch with and somewhat unproven....
Perhaps its time to call my lawyer and have him cancel the multimillion dollar lawsuit against apple for breaking my computer. thanks for the info!
I happened upon this thread recently all about a new pc game called C&C3. It sounded like fun, so I figured this was as good an opportunity as ever to test out Bootcamp on my new iMac 2.0 Core Duo. Well, I'm happy to report that windows works great on my mac, its faster than I've ever seen it run on a pc! But we seem to have a problem, I'm not prompted to pick which OS I want to run!?! At first I was terrified that I somehow managed to delete my entire mac partition,...
I took my imac into the apple store a week ago b/c it refused to turn on. I was told that the logic board and power supply needed to be replaced...fast forward to this morning, when I get a call from the genius bar to inform me that while the issue falls under a known extended warranty area and repairs will be free, the parts are back-ordered and its impossible to tell how long it might take. To solve the problem, they offered up a brand-new upgraded newer-gen imac. The...
Hi everyone. I'm in the process of getting a bunch of mac machines for our SMB network and I'm a bit confused about one component: the headless mac mini. I'd like to control the machine from day-1 using my i-mac. Is there any way to accomplish this? I also will have a macbook pro at my disposal. So yeah, can I setup the mac-mini without ever plugging in a keyboard/monitor or is that functionality only available on an xserve? Also, once the machine is setup (i.e....
I caught the following oddity in the console log: 2006-08-04 03:58:30.754 SyndicationAgent[2370] WARNING: BestCalendarDateFromString - can't interpret: 'Fri 04 Aug 2006 00:12:01 -800' thats repeated over and over many times.
I have a 1st gen iMac G5, and its definitely a software-generated sound. Applications/Utilities/Console.app seems like a good idea.
Unless anyone happens to know offhand whats causing a catlike 'meow' every couple hours in my OS X, perhaps there is an app I can keep running to catch whatever is causing this bizarre quirk. For the record, here are the apps I'm regularly running are: - firefox - adium - gmail - vlc - msn Why is my computer meowing?!?
By chance can anyone tell me why from time to time (daily basis) various firefox windows of mine run to the top right corner of my screen and refuse to be placed anywhere else? The only way I can control the window is by maximizing it (or closing the app). Any attempt at dragging results in the window going back to the upper-right corner. I've tried reinstalling/updating firefox to no avail. cheers.