or Connect

Posts by DHagan4755

This kind of makes me wonder what's going to happen to iTunes. I didn't see an iTunes icon in the Yosemite video shown at WWDC.  The icon I saw was the same style as the music app from iOS.  Maybe this discontinuation of iPhoto and Aperture is part of a larger continuity strategy by Apple.  Will there be a movies app for OS X?  Just like there is on iOS?  It doesn't make sense to tell someone to rent or buy a movie in the app they use to listen to their tunes, does it?...
So....let met get this straight:  Apple has best ever financial quarter and investors are disappointed?  This doesn't make a lick of sense!
How about a space gray on the MacBook Pro?
I don't think USB 3.1 will ship on anything until 2014.
Not really. The 17 inch MacBook Pro is something that I've been toting around for the last 4 1/2 years without a problem. The problem is when Apple introduced a new MacBook Pro 15 inch that has a resolution far greater than the 17 inch ever had & is going to cost more to make than the 17 inch, how do you still justify selling the 17 inch?
Dave,   I agree with TenThousandThings about the whole quoting everything.  Holy crap, it's tedious.  That said....I read it all & agree 100% with everything you just wrote haha!
  Agree 100%.  Even that somewhat minor detail would have a major impact. Imagine a 14-inch MacBook Air in the same footprint as the current 13 with a thinner bezel?  HOT.
This is what really bugs me about Apple.  There are a lot of people that don't necessarily need a quad-core screamer in their computer but want a larger screen.  If Apple included a dual-core low-voltage i5 (upgradeable to i7) in a 15-inch MacBook Air it would sell like hot cakes. HOT CAKES.  It could even have an IPS screen & still be reasonably priced. Most people I know that buy the 13-inch MacBook Air/Pro are buying purely on the reliability of the Mac but have...
Actually, I take that back.  I think it would be better if Apple increased the screen size in the 13-inch form factor to a 14-inch screen.  That would probably work better and reduce the bezel size, something Apple seems to be doing with the iPad too.
I think a 15-inch MacBook Air is overdue.  I don't think laptops are going anywhere in the near term.