or Connect

Posts by DHagan4755

KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo (who's been very accurate with Apple's product roadmap plans in the past) claims that there is going to be a new design retina MacBook Pro this year & that everything's going retina in the MacBook Pro range.  I'm not sure I buy this  Given his track record he may just be right...again.  I've been wondering what exactly qualifies as a new design.  Clearly, Jony Ives considered the retina a new design even though it was size reduction of...
I wouldn't mind the same form factor, IPS display at 1920 x 1200.  They could even do the same screen bonding as on the retinas. But instead they just gave up on the 17-inch model.
I'm writing this on my 2009 unibody anti-glare 17-inch MacBook Pro that I received exactly 4 years ago.  I don't find it a hinderance to carry around & at the time I bought it there were plenty of smaller 15-inch laptops from all of the other manufacturers that were heavier than this one is.  I tote it with me every day to work.  There have only been a handful of times I can recall thinking maybe I should down size. I'm now forced to go smaller if I want a faster, new...
For the first time, the 27-inch iMac is an attractive option to me.  I would get one with the Fusion Drive.  But I'm more inclined to get a Mac mini and display so I don't have to throw away a perfectly working screen in order to improve my computational power.  I wonder how long it will take for Apple to apply this same overall design to its Thunderbolt display?
Apple will probably update this display when they revise the Mac Pro sometime in 2013.
I can see how this whole thing plays out right now…   Tim Cook does the typical business recap that's done at the beginning of every one of these events; showing off new Apple retail stores, iPods, music, etc.   As part of the "look at how great our notebooks are selling" portion of this recap, he dwells on how amazing the 15-inch retina MacBook Pro is.  Quotes articles on the screen.  Then Cook says, "Today Apple is announcing a new 13-inch MacBook Pro with...
  Umm hello? iMacs haven't been updated in over a year.  They are WAY past needing an update.  The chips have been available for like 6 months now.  So Apple should update the iMacs ASAP.
What's with the obsession with thinness?  I can see making laptops thinner & lighter for easier portability but this is getting a little ridiculous!
Microsoft releases Windows 8 on October 26th. If I'm Apple I'm firing on all cylinders this month. So this starts with the updated iPad with lightning connector and possibly an A6 processor. It continues with a smaller iPad (iPad mini). Then, of course, there are the new iMacs with less reflective glass displays. They should be very attractive. Throw into the mix a 13-inch MacBook Pro with retina display. Add to all of that, the new iPods announced last month start...
  Maybe.  This computer has held up extremely well.  I replaced the hard drive with an SSD a few years ago.  I had the battery replaced awhile back because I got it to 1,000 charge cycles and it started failing.  It's just that at some point I'd like to be able to do the AirPlay mirroring to an Apple TV, I'm also annoyed the Mini Displayport on this model doesn't output sound so hooking up to a HDTV is a pain without the extra audio cable.  Part of me wants to wait to see...