or Connect

Posts by DHagan4755

I have a 17 inch MacBook Pro. I bought it in 2009. I love it. I was bummed when the 17 inch MacBook Pro was discontinued. I really like the retina MacBook Pro. I've seen it a few times at the Apple stores and have almost bought it. But then there's the Internet. It exposes everything even if it's not flattering. I read reports of the screens exhibiting a yellow tint, the screens having image retention (If you get one that has an LG panel), the product creaking, there...
OK the parts for an updated Mini are available.  WTF is Apple waiting for?
Very true, if treated with care.
But would the cost be worth it?
Apple has mitigated the glossy reflection on the new MacBook Pro.  It's not 100% perfect but it's a lot better than it was.  I just don't know why Apple didn't fix this issue sooner.  I own a 17 inch MacBook Pro with an antiglare screen. I love it. But I also love my iPad & iPhone too where the glass screen's reflections don't really bother me.  I will say this: the matte screen MacBook Pros are lighter than the ones with the glass/glossy display.  The glass ads some...
    He says it right here...   :     I think the computer transitioning to a device fits for the new MacBook Pro with Retina display.
I find it funny to read the complaints about the MacBook Pro with retina display not having any user serviceable parts when there's barely any fuss that the iPad the iPhone doesn't have any user serviceable parts either. But I'm right there with you. It kind of bothers me that there aren't any user serviceable parts in the new MacBook Pro with retina display. However I think Steve Jobs said at the worldwide developers conference back in 2011 when he introduced iCloud,...
I'm willing to bet that the new iMac will be released right around the time OS X Mountain Lion hits the Mac App Store.  Which means it should be out by the end of July.  Apple has changed its schedule a little bit.  They never used to release new hardware in July — ever.  That pattern changed last year.
Oops, maybe I should have put the post I made in another thread here.  I don't believe the iMac will have a retina display for like the next year or so.  The reason is that the desktop pictures in Mountain Lion only go to 3,200 x 2,000.  Seeing as Apple went to that dimension in Lion & that was long before the MacBook Pro with Retina Display it doesn't make sense that Apple isn't similarly planning ahead if they indeed have the intention of releasing an iMac with retina...
I don't think there will be a retina display in the next iMac or any iMac or Thunderbolt display in the near future.  When I say near future, I mean the next year or so.  Maybe next summer?  The reason is looking at the desktop pictures that Apple includes with OS X Mountain Lion, the largest images are sized at 3,200 x 2,000.  The desktop pictures went to that dimension in Lion & that was way before the release of the MacBook Pro with Retina Display.  I would think if...