or Connect

Posts by DHagan4755

Umm hello? iMacs haven't been updated in over a year.  They are WAY past needing an update.  The chips have been available for like 6 months now.  So Apple should update the iMacs ASAP.
What's with the obsession with thinness?  I can see making laptops thinner & lighter for easier portability but this is getting a little ridiculous!
Microsoft releases Windows 8 on October 26th. If I'm Apple I'm firing on all cylinders this month. So this starts with the updated iPad with lightning connector and possibly an A6 processor. It continues with a smaller iPad (iPad mini). Then, of course, there are the new iMacs with less reflective glass displays. They should be very attractive. Throw into the mix a 13-inch MacBook Pro with retina display. Add to all of that, the new iPods announced last month start...
  Maybe.  This computer has held up extremely well.  I replaced the hard drive with an SSD a few years ago.  I had the battery replaced awhile back because I got it to 1,000 charge cycles and it started failing.  It's just that at some point I'd like to be able to do the AirPlay mirroring to an Apple TV, I'm also annoyed the Mini Displayport on this model doesn't output sound so hooking up to a HDTV is a pain without the extra audio cable.  Part of me wants to wait to see...
I have a 17 inch MacBook Pro. I bought it in 2009. I love it. I was bummed when the 17 inch MacBook Pro was discontinued. I really like the retina MacBook Pro. I've seen it a few times at the Apple stores and have almost bought it. But then there's the Internet. It exposes everything even if it's not flattering. I read reports of the screens exhibiting a yellow tint, the screens having image retention (If you get one that has an LG panel), the product creaking, there...
OK the parts for an updated Mini are available.  WTF is Apple waiting for?
Very true, if treated with care.
But would the cost be worth it?
Apple has mitigated the glossy reflection on the new MacBook Pro.  It's not 100% perfect but it's a lot better than it was.  I just don't know why Apple didn't fix this issue sooner.  I own a 17 inch MacBook Pro with an antiglare screen. I love it. But I also love my iPad & iPhone too where the glass screen's reflections don't really bother me.  I will say this: the matte screen MacBook Pros are lighter than the ones with the glass/glossy display.  The glass ads some...
    He says it right here...   :     I think the computer transitioning to a device fits for the new MacBook Pro with Retina display.