or Connect

Posts by DHagan4755

Well maybe there's hope that Mac Pro updates will happen very soon!
  1. The Mac Pro needs Thunderbolt & an overhaul.  It just needs to come out.  This is probably the most ridiculous.   2.  R.I. already exists in Lion but I read it may be improving in Mountain Lion.   3.  Why should Apple wait?  Seems silly to me!   4.  Mountain Lion is a late summer release.  That could be September.  Would Apple let its hardware lines languish for Mountain Lion.  Again seems silly to me!
I'm starting to grow weary, forgive me.  It seems like things are taking a really long time.
I'm not too concerned with the iOS products.  They're OK, and they've got an obvious trend.  The Mac stuff on the other hand...  I understand that some components aren't shipping in volume but geez, that Mac Pro offering is very stale and I believe those parts are available now, yes?
I agree that All My Files makes no sense.  And well from my experience it's confusing to a lot of people.   I think Lion is getting better with the point updates.  But Mountain Lion is what Lion should have been in the first place.
Where are the invites to special events?  It's May.  Does it strike anyone else as odd that Apple has only made one major announcement this year?  Why would Apple wait to make all of its major hardware announcements at the Worldwide Developers Conference on June 11th?  I would think they'd focus solely on OS X & iOS there.  In the past Apple sprinkled its product announcements throughout the year, whether it was MacBook Pro or iMac or iPhone.  Thus far in 2012 we only...
Aside from Apple nixing the optical drive, next on the chopping block would be Firewire 800.  I would much rather have gigabit Ethernet & Thunderbolt if compromising over space is an issue.
I don't know about anyone else here but I've made many suggestions to the Apple Feedback link & have gotten no response nor have any of my requests been incorporated.  I made a lot of my requests for Apple Remote Desktop in 2005 & 2006.  I don't know what the **** Apple is doing with the feedback.  But my suggestions were constructive, polite, and pithy.
Apple Remote Desktop needs to be completely rewritten.  It's been a useful app, but it needs a lot of work.  It crashes a lot and corrupts lists.
Apple with its riches, should buy AIM.  Heck, they wouldn't even need to change the acronym!  But that's not why they should buy it.  The multi-person video conferencing still can't be beaten, and when you have a really good Internet connection, the quality is incredible.  The file sharing aspect is killer.  I would hate to see it go away!