or Connect

Posts by DHagan4755

There is no way Apple is doing that. They will have 2 separate & distinct lines. MacBook Air for the thin & light crowd, and MacBook Pro for the industrious computer user that needs a beefier, speedier processor with discreet graphics.
The MacBook Air & MacBook Pro names aren't going anywhere. There will be an 11-, 13-, and 15-inch MacBook Air. And there will be a 15- and 17-inch MacBook Pro. The differentiating features between the two lines will be as is it now: Thin & light — Air; Power (no pun intended)*—*Pro. It's clear the optical drive is a goner in the next MacBook Pro. This probably allows Apple to move the hard drive (still a hard drive or 2.5-inch SSD, no blade SSDs like the Air yet) to...
I'm kind of in the same boat. I bought my unibody 17-incher just about 3 years ago. I've swapped out the hard drive for an OWC Mercury SSD so the speed boost has been holding me at bay. If Apple were to release a 17" Air I'd give it strong consideration. I've thought of downsizing to a 15" display but the thing that keeps me in the 17" camp is, well the screen size, & such great speakers! I don't know if they could put the same awesome speakers in a 17" Air?
It looks like I'm already off. 10.8 not only discussed, but previewed, beta, and out this summer! Whoa, nelly! Is 2012 going to blow us away?
The Mac Pro is definitely needed. My biggest gripe with the Mac Pro is that it's too damn expensive. I remember buying a Power Mac G4 back in the day for $1,599. I can't do that now. The entry price on the Mac Pro is $900 more. And it's a monster. I knew that they needed an enclosure that big for the red hot PowerPC G5 chips, however, it's 2012 now & I think Apple can dispense with this relic design in favor of something a little more svelte. Besides why does Apple...
Apple claims to have to learned from designing the original MacBook Air that inspired them to make the MacBook Pro out of the same aluminum unibody enclosure method.
No, that would be ridiculous! As far as the thinness goes, I don't know how they could make it all that much thinner. With the chatter over the tapered design of the Air, I'd sacrifice that for replacing the space occupied by the ODD with more battery. Longer battery life would be great.
The new version of the MacBook Pro must have Ethernet built in. Carrying around dongles sucks. I have the mini display port to VGA dongle & that's enough dongle-toting. Adapters are ridiculous. Thankfully more & more companies are using the mini display port connection so hopefully projector makers and TV makers will start putting it on the TVs eliminating the need for that dongle.
The Mac mini is a great computer. I was using it as a server before Apple sold a server version. I would consider it a desktop. I have a mixture of Mac & PC desktops at my job. I can't recall ever having the desktops of either platform upgraded except the RAM. So the mini would be a great replacement in a lot of instances. The only drawback to the mini is that it doesn't have a security lock on it so it becomes a very theftable computer. It's far easier to steal...
Just because Apple took 6 years to change the PowerBook G4/MacBook Pro enclosure, doesn't mean they'll wait that long for the iMac. I could point to the MacBook Air, which they released in January 2008, and revamped with an entirely new enclosure in late 2010. Apple made great strides in serviceability with the MacBook Pro unibody enclosure. I don't know if that will happen with the next iteration of the iMac. It would only be a good thing if it was easier, simpler. ...