or Connect

Posts by DHagan4755

And I think the MacBook Pro's redesign will bring about 16:9 displays across the line. Apple seems to be standardizing on this screen size.
Nah. While the iMac is still awesome, the design has been out for awhile. I expect Apple to alter it in someway. Its design is older than the MacBook Pro. I expect it to be a little bit thinner & ever sleeker. I suppose whatever design they apply to it will be similarly reflected in the upcoming redesign of the MacBook Pro.
I think it's fair to say that outside of the Mac mini, every piece of Apple hardware will receive a moderate or dramatic hardware re-design in 2012.
Apple TV 3 — A6, apps, bluetooth keyboard, Safari, 1080P output Not sure about the Apple TV set 802.11ac Airport & Time Capsules or maybe just Time Machine? Update Express to 802.11ac. New Mac Pro tower form factor — Will it include optical drive? Will is use flash storage like the Air? New MacBook Pro design with 16:9 display ratio & possible Retina option Revamped iMac — Like Mac Pro will it jettison optical drive? Will it use flash storage like the...
I've seen a few posts saying that the 17" MacBook Pro isn't that popular. Is that an assumption or is that based on Apple's sales figures?
Once you've used an SSD you don't ever want to go back to HDD.
That's what I initially thought too. It just struck me that it might be this because of the rumors that it's in the late stages.If anyone doubts that the optical drive is gone from the next MacBook Pro, go back to Saturn. I received a new 17" MacBook Pro yesterday (at work) — it had shipped directly from assembly in China — and there were NO optical restore discs included in the box. It came with Lion pre-installed, Lion was actually the desktop pattern on the MacBook...
Maybe this is the September "Product Transition" that Oppenheimer spoke about in the quarterly earnings report last week?
Not that this isn't obvious to most here, but it's quite clear to me that the next revision of the MacBook Pro will not have an optical drive. I would almost guarantee it. I just took delivery of a 17" MacBook Pro (purchased through my work) & it came with Lion pre-installed. There were no installer DVDs for the OS or iLife Apps. In fact, it can probably boot off of the Internet just like the newly released MacBook Airs.
You need to tell us your model of MacBook Pro. My 2009 MacBook Pro seems to run a little warmer under Lion. It's a minor annoyance. Although I can't tell. I live in Massachusetts. As you know, it's very hot & humid here the few days. I don't have AC in my house. So it could be just that it's actually hot.