or Connect

Posts by DHagan4755

I think it has to do with the new iPhone, and perhaps a lower priced model
Interesting. I don't know about that yet. I think Apple needs to get resolution independence working reliably & on a more major scale. And further I think we need to be able to start talking to computers & have them respond to us much like the Knowledge Navigator concept. Then OS X is dead. Or more likely, phased out.
That's been my experience too. Fresh install Lion if you can.
I concur. I have been running Lion Server on the same model & it runs fine. Clean install Lion on yours.
Dave's spot on here. It's all going to depend on how badly you need it right now. Obviously if you have a paying project or you are trying to get a research paper done, then by all means get one now. However if you can wait, I think there is a high likelihood of an October redesign — similar to 3 years ago when Apple came out with the current unibody designs. And believe me, Ivy Bridge or not a redesign/modification of the current 3-year-old MacBook Pro is coming in...
I wonder if the next iteration of the mini will have the optical drive. Looking at the product shots that "leaked," I didn't see an optical drive on the mini they paired with the new Thunderbolt Cinema Display.
In my opinion, the current cinema display is amazing. I have one at work and I'm thinking of getting the new one for home. Everyone comments on how "gorgeous" the screen images are. We have Dell monitors in the same size (and literally use the same LCD panel manufacturer as Apple's Cinema Display) in their matte finish. People want the Apple Cinema Displays. They say the Dell monitors look fuzzy after having used the Apple one for awhile. They ask me why Apple's are so...
With Apple's current direction, I'm wondering if the Mac Pro and Mac mini will lose their optical drives in these updates. Certainly the optical drive is an endangered species.
Why didn't they just call iMessage iChat? I don't know about anyone else, but iChat rolls of the tongue easier than iMessage. And they could tie it into iChat on Mac which would be EASY for everyone to understand... now there's iMessage UGH...
The reason the MacBook Air has a less reflective display than the MacBook Pro is because the glass used in front of the display on the MacBook Pro would increase the weight of the MacBook Air.