or Connect

Posts by natec

Hey Apple- here's an idea! Come out with your new/updated products in May/June to actually be able to sell them during the "back-to-school" shopping season. I can't count the number of times I've had to try and convince students to hold off their purchases until August/September so that they don't end up buying models in the last month of the product-life.... The problem is that students want to buy their new computers near the start of the summer when they have time...
I'm not sure how the SpeedBooster tech works, but i think you may have to have matching hardware and possibly software to make it work (i.e. wireless PC cards with speed booster) so it might not be worth it. Last weekend I bought a linksys wrt54g version 6.0 from bestbuy for $49. The web-based configuration worked fine in Safari, as did setting up a WPA Personal encrypted connection (i didn't try WPA2). It has options galore for those that need it to do DMZ or...
When you open Aperture, it complains that the screen size is unsupported, giving you the option to either quit or continue. I always continue and it works great for my needs. I haven't used it on a MBP but with 2GB RAM it is very responsive (more so than on PPC powerbooks, i hear).
I bought this screen protector from otherworld computing for $15:http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other...ing/LSPTIG412/ It says it's for the iBook g4 12", but it covers the keyboard and trackpad fine on my MacBook.
.....because the 25 seconds it takes my MacBook to boot up is just waaaayyyyyy too slow, when i restart once every two or three weeks.....let's add a cool grand to the purchase price to (what?)- cut boot in half? [25 seconds x 25 times per year]= ~12 minutes per year now vs. 6 minutes spent restarting with flash?
I got the Seagate Momentus 5400.2 series 120GB SATA drive. Model ST9120821AS. I paid $175 shipped i believe, from computergiants.com, but since then they have drastically raised the price, and it took them 4 days to ship my drive, and only then because i called and nagged them about 4 times in one day I think, so I don't recommend them. A quick search of some shopping sites yielded this list of stores and prices.http://geek.pricegrabber.com/search_...terid=10598364 The...
Hi Maybejames, I am not aware of any Universal Binary software for GPS/Driving Directions for the mac at this time. There was some older software called Route 66, but reviews on Amazon.com and elsewhere were pretty bad for it. I'm installing Parallels, and hoping that I can run Street Atlas or Microsoft Streets and Trips using it in virtualization...I haven't searched anywhere to see if it can be done with a USB-connected GPS, but I'm hopeful...if it won't work in...
Hey Tonton! I just now replaced my 5.5 year old Titanium 400MHz with a MacBook too (2.0Ghz white)! Even though the old PB was working pretty dang well for email and websurfing, iChat, iTunes, Office, and the occasional product with CS2 (thankfully i had 768MB RAM), the 45 minutes of battery life and no-longer-working DVD drive made me anxious to spring for a new model. Add that to the ability to run Parallels Desktop for occasional windows access, and all the fun things...
Funny that lots of people are complaining about the MacBook coming in only white or black without an aluminum option, and it goes the other way with the MBPs only available in aluminum.
The 120GB drive is probably the 5400RPM Seagate Momentus 5400.2. The actual drive product number you're searching for is ST9120821AS. A quick search of some shopping sites yielded this list of stores and prices.http://geek.pricegrabber.com/search_...terid=10598364 I would have liked to order the drive from OWC along with my RAM, (macsales.com) but they didn't have the drive listed on their website. I ordered from computergiants.com when the price was $175 shipped before...