or Connect

Posts by Denmaru

Point is: A G5 in a Laptop seems impossible, as well as in a tablet PC. I wouldn´t consider the Tablet PC "failed" - I think most people just don´t see the pros of it, mainly because of the half-hearted attempts (soft-, and hardware wise). I´d buy a OS X based Tablet PC :3
Look at this: http://www.thetabletmac.com/content/view/47/1/ So, he says that this is not made by Apple. And, we all know that Steve Jobs said that they´re going to switch to Intel. Now, here are my speculations: This could be the first "Mactel" - Steve said that they want to create Hardware with Intel processors that they can´t build with the PowerPC now. This could mean Laptops (G5 Powerbook = impossible!), but also an OS X based tablet PC, which would be...
No, it´s not. Just think of all the software that sometimes acts as a server on your machine. Crunch: I know there is a pretty good tutorial on how to do this on windows (http://www.kinox.org/articles/windc.html), and I´m pretty sure it works on the Mac, too. About the only problem is that the graphical interface doesn´t seem to allow this, but since it´s a BSD System, I´m pretty sure you can fiddle with the command line and get what you want.
So, I upgraded to Tiger, but for some obcsure reason, my iDisk won´t sync anymore. It is mounted, I can use it just like before, but the changes I made to my local iDisk are not being uploaded onto the .Mac servers. Strange thing is: if an app uploads something directly, it works (like iBlog or iPhoto). I made several attempts like turning syncing on and off, or doing it manually, but to no avail. Any other ideas?
They should shut up and be happy - this is pure publicity! And then... so "Tiger" is copyrighted? Damn, I need to hurry - I need to copyright every wild cat´s name ASAP, and then sue the crap out of Apple! Really, this is more sad than amusing...
Just to verify: Copying the System Folder *does* work. There´s no way a "new World" Mac would boot OS 9... (And here are my 2 Cents: Why would someone use Classic?)
I´m just glad there´s a Party in Austria as well.... I hope they fix my problems with the iDisk synching before 10.4.1....
1) Tiger includes Quicktime 7. 2) There are people (like me, I´m such a whore) who already have Tiger, and have tried almost every beta of it so far.
Ok, let me get this straight: This *IS* the GM, it´s the very same one as being bundled and sold. There are no "unpleasant surprises", and as far as I can tell, it is as stable as Panther. MacCrazy: Google is your brother in crime (literally)....
No, they don´t. If you want to,you can download them, there´s nothing in your way to stop you from doing so.Full Ack - Apple gives a Sh*t about that, they want to make sure that more and more people see OS X in Real Life. Word of the mouth publicicty is the best one can have, and Redmont did this, too. Dan: THese were Dev. Builds, and these people were under a NDA. THAT was the Problem...