or Connect

Posts by craftymacgirl

I found a service called remind me (used to be remind 101) and it's a computer based program for teachers that is exactly what I needed.
Hi there. I need to send text reminders to a groups of 20-30ppl several times a week. I'm an art teacher and need to remind parents before class as well as when class is over. I need to be able to send the same message to a group without them all seeing each other and give them the ability to respond w/out it copying everyone. I'm willing to use a computer (a web site or gmail etc) or an iPhone app to make this happen. Thank you! I love this forum!
I need a rec for spyware for iPads my 2 daughters got as a gift from grandparents. I don't want to be the Bad guy so I need monitor what my tweens are up to.
A co-worker spilled coffee on my keyboard (douche), saw the screen flicker and go out and I shut it down immediately. I let it dry out for several days and started it back up. Screen is all black with no change, but I can see the charger cord light up, the keyboard light up and it sounds like it's running (on) and not hurting. It's 3 months old with 3y apple care. I am assuming applecare won't touch an idiotic mistake on the part of the owner's douche co-worker. Any...
when I go to old computer with exisiting iweb created sites:  Macintosh HD/Users/~/Library/Application Support/iWeb.   I only see DOMAIN   nothing that says domain.sites etc.    any suggestions
I did migration assistant to get all "files/apps" from my old macbook air to my new macbook pro. Sadly it didn't transfer ANY images, hardly any of my desktop and NONE of my iweb sites. I need to get all the iweb sites I created (that are hosted on my yahoo server) onto my iweb on the new macbook so I can edit/upload them. I see various ways online to do it - want to ask you guys the BEST way. Thanks! 
external drive. thanks but don't care about aesthics at this point ;0)
thanks. But what about the ancient xdrive with ONLY an old fire wire port? Is there a cord with USB 3 on one end and old school firewire on the other end?  
I ended up doing migration assistant since I had no ethernet port on the macbook air. It took about 15 hours to get all my stuff from the AIR to the PRO. And then I was going to plug in an old xdrive via firewire and see that my firewire cord is VERY outdated. Guess I need to get a new "modern" firewire cable to add some other files from my ancient xdrive.
Thank you! It arrives today so hopefully it will all go smooth.