or Connect

Posts by craftymacgirl

THANKS so much in advance for helping me. I run a business that has families whose children participate in after school programs at our schools, in art classes & seasonal camps at our location. We have about 500-750 clients we serve each year. I have kept everyting in excel spreadsheet (different ones for camps, art classes etc) that keeps track of our clients names, childrens names, ages, address, class attending, balancue due...you get the picture. It's horrible when it...
Thanks Marvin, but if you know 3 year olds, they will huck LCD screens and flat panels accross the room. That is why I am choosing an older imac b/c she can touch the screen and not be able to move it ;0) We have a 1 year old boy in the house, so safety is key! I can bolt the imac to the table ;0)
Thank you! Yes, I am not going lower than 400mhz! ) I have OS 9 - will that suffice, or do I need 9.1 ??
Hi folks. I need an IMAC running classic ONLY. I am looking on ebay for one. Can you direct me to an auction that is selling one? Why do I want an OLD IMAC running CLASSIC ONLY? 1. It will be in my 3 year old. 2. I have a ton of old programs/grames-so old, they only work on classic OS. 3. I can get a great one for under $100. 4. It seems that the 400mhz run really slow on the new OS, so I want it strictly running in classic for now. I can't seem to find an...
I have an imac flat panel and had the motherboard successfully replaced last year by APPLE thru an authorized repair place (COMPUSA) which has since closed down in my area. It's the only authorized dealer around and with having 2 kids under 3, I would prefer to just ship it out to apple if they do this. Do I need to go to an authorized store to have them ship it out? ...I am having a power supply issue (computer shuts down instead of sleeps). Should I just send my...
Hi all. Well iphoto successfully yanked my entire library out of it's nifty albums and rebuilding didn't do anything about restoring albums so I am giving up. That happened just before I backed all the albums up in "album titled" foldes in my xdrive. In addition to that happening, my "startup disk" is nearly full and applications are crashing, I want to go ahead and REMOVE all the images from my ibook iphoto library and off my ibook harddive and start from scratch with...
Hoping someone can help asap! I spend way too much each year in copies (2-3k) I need a mac-friendly copy machine that has these easy-to-ask-for qualities: -Can handle 3-4,000 copies a month -Collate (stapling would be a bonus) -Double sided printing (legal and regular size) a MUST! -enlarging/reducing (pretty standard request) -Has some sort of maint. plan/warnt. for repairs. -Ability to print from any mac in my office! I DON'T NEED: it to color copy,...
Hi folks. I have OSX 10.3.9 installed on an older emac (700mhz) and it doesn't have classic OS9 installed. It has plenty of RAM - 640. I would like to install classic OS9 so that I can use the computer for my daughter and all the fun toddler games (that are several years old) require OS9 and will not run on the newer OSX. I have tons of install CDs for all my macs (new ibook, emac 700, G5 imac etc) - but I have on idea which one will work for my emac. Here is...
Ok, I get it. Don't be annoying :0)
Can anyone suggest the best application to use to download music? One where you pay a monthly or per-song fee besides iTunes. I find that they don't have a lot of what I am looking for and I prefer paying for music sharing b/c you can find some cool stuff. I also hate that itunes will not let me burn music I download to a disk. So it's stuck on my computer and I can't seem to make a disk for my car. Very annoying. Perhaps you can make a suggestion about that! I have...