or Connect

Posts by 9secondko

There is no real usefulness for the black bezel. Some have argued that it helps to concentrate on the screen. I have a black Pc monitor that accomplishes the same thing. This is simply a preference. If it was so useful, everyone would make it mandatory. It's not. You do realize that?It is simply design. And if you see the iMac dissection, you will see why there is a black bezel. It's all about the glass.And I am not complaining about the bexel other than that it is round....
You are a talented artist. However, I think that would be a backwards step to the current look, unlest the bottom case and keyboard were also black. Then it would be cool. I don't see Apple adding glass to the notebooks though - too much weight.
The 24 screen is brighter, clearer and the whole thing is wall mount ready. Even if you would not do that, at least the option is there. the 20 lacks these. If you go to an Apple store and see it in person, the 24 is sooo impressive. The 20 is cool, but the 24 is well worth the $.
A soft black interface (ala iMovie 08). Also an improved library layout.
iTunes is being snubbed by Universal Music for DRM Free tracks. Universal music has been throwing its considerable weight around lately. First, there was the threat to not deal with Apple anymore over the pricing issue (read: Apple wants to sell music at a reasonable price and do what's best for consumer and artist, while Universal wants more money for the label). I am glad that Apple has risen to where it is and the the iTunes, iPod combo are such great and easy...
Please. Everyone stop calling for the inclusion of the black surround in pro units. if they want to put that into consumer level units, that's fine, but not pro. We don't want 70's inspired black surrounds on our laptops or displays. Apple has been in the direcition of form perfectly following function. The black surround thing is just tacky. In the iMac with the inclusion of glass it makes sense because of the way it is constructed (the black hides the insertion...
The scrollbars are only replaced in iPhoto. Al the rest of iLife 08 keep the aqua scrollbars. View the specific vids for each app and you will see the old tiger aqua scroll bars.
I thought Steve Jobs said we would have a consistent user interface. If so, what in the world is going on here: http://www.thinksecret.com/archives/...picture07.html http://www.thinksecret.com/archives/...picture01.html It's like a new noir gradient metal theme, but with aqua still bubbling out. It is interesting. Even the scroll bars are aqua. In Apple's defense, only the darker gray areas have metal buttons, while the light gray has aqua. Still, it...
while IMAP poses its own issues, everybody knows that Exchange and Outlook are their own security risks. The company I last worked for found this out the hard way! There are other (more secure) options. Not many, but they are there. It's all about what the IT dept. beleives in.
What amazes me is that it actually took Microsoft 6 months to copy the multi-touch functionality and graphical resemblance of Apples iPhone. 6 months! for something that they can't even fit in a monitor times as big as iPhone! Seriously, this is not exiting at all. It is just an embarrassment for Microsoft. And surface? Please. Pathetic. The only thing halfways decent looking is Silverlight and it should just go away since Flash/Flex does it better and it would be one...