or Connect

Posts by 9secondko

Earthlink is not my ISP. I can see where that could be an issue, but Safari was working fine with my ISP just an hour before I installed Leopard. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be an ISP issue.
thanks for trying. i don't understand why the face icon is in your post. i read every thread and even responded to most. my problem is most perplexing and it seems that no one understands it, but rather guess at what the problem is. safari used to work a certain way and now it does not. even after i reset safari or reinstalled tiger, it would ALWAYS add .com to the domain i typed in, regarless of browsing history. i would like to resolve this issue without having to...
no look, I know what I am talking about I clean instAlled tiger a few times and safari always added the .com suffix by itself. this I'd not dependent on the history. trust me. something is wrong and this is a clean instAll I appreciate the replys but I'd sounds like no one is listening. Safari is supposed to do what I am saying without the site being in history
Hitting return give me an error page that the site cannot be found. I never get tot he domain. This used to work until I installed Leopard fresh.
No other programs no plugins, nothing. Tried as other user. What is up with this?
no, that is not the issue. Tahnks, though. The thing that is so great about Safari was that you never had to type unnecessary stuff like the "www" or ".com" Now, the ".com" just does not appear automatically anymore.
Thank you for the suggestion. I tried it, but unfortunatley it did not work. Safari still does not add the ".com" automatically like it used to. I have reset many times, cleared NVRAM and PRAM and moved the plist and restarted. Most confusing.
DW CS3 is well worth $100. It has many new feature that you would be extremely happy with, not the least of which is the Spry framework for AJAX that allows super easy implementation of fancy java based animations and functions that normally would take forever to code. Highly recommended. the CSS abilities are also more rounded out. If you also use photoshop and/ or Illustrator, it is a no-brainer. The integration is phenomenal.
I had the same issue just today. You will need to clear PRAM and VRAM. Restart your computer and press CMD+OPTION+P+R Hold that for a while until you hear the startup chime a couple times Then restart your computer again and press CMD+OPTION+N+V Hold that until the screen looks like it is starting up but turns totally black instead and white text begins to scroll. Your computer's sound functions should be fully restored. I imagine you are using Leopard?
Hello, I just recieved Leopard for Christmas and I love it. However, one issue annoys me to no end: In Tiger, if I wanted to go to a web address that ends in ".com" all I had to do was type the domain name. No typing "www" at the beginning or ".com" at the end. This was enabled by default. After performing a clean (erase and install) install of Leopard, it appears that feature is gone. I cannot find it in Preferences. Can someone help me how to reinstate this...