or Connect

Posts by 9secondko

A few sites have been reporting on a pending PB update. They all seem to think that it will be a 1.7 ghz G4. With Apple most likely about to roll out IBMs newly announced MP Powermacs, would it not make sense to upgrade the PBs to the new IBM low-power chips as well? Especially since they have a notebook-class G5? I think so. Remember the low power G5 topped out at 1.6 GHZ. Yet we know Apple would never "upgrade" to a "slower" processor, even though the G5 at...
I would not buy a black Mac. White looks clean and high end. The aluminum look is the most professional, clean, stylish look I have ever seen and I hope this look progresses for a couple of years. If we must endure black, I think it should be black metal, with a brushed metal texture. The black Nano is OK looking. I like the white better. I think that Mac people are buying up the black Nano because they think they will stand out from the Mac crowd. I think...
I guess Apple thinks of everything. I would prefer to hit control and then click as I think it would be faster, but at least there is an option.
Think Video iPod. I would think such a processor would handle that quite nicely. Probbly could work aS A GameBoy Evolution CPU too. Would trash PSP pretty easy.
I posted the exact same thing a month or two ago and a couple of people disliked the idea. I do think that is the way to go though.
IBM dogged themselves. They thought Apple could go nowhere else, so they treated our beloved company like the proverbial "red-headed step-child". They put Apple on hold so that they could lure the game console companies which actually will do wonders for IBM in the short run. However, they are now in a quandary. IBM has a lot invested in PPC and the Power server chips the 970 series is derived from. Without Apple, IBM will still develop Power chips, but the...
No. A disappointment to those who wanted a super-affordable, widescreen notebook from Apple. Even Dell's lowest grade notebook is widescreen.
iBooks have been updated as much as they can without sacrificing the powerbook. I suspect the PBs are next for update. Probably at Paris Expo. No widescreen iBook is a dissapointment, but there is room for a third model to join the lineup. I hope the next powerbook has higher resolution and better color saturation. Couple that with a faster CPU and better graphics card and it would be about as good as it gets realistically as can be hoped for before the Intel...
First the early Intel announcement and now this: http://money.cnn.com/2005/07/22/tech...ex.htm?cnn=yes When CNN starts getting into the "ooohh. Apple is going to come out with new stuff!", you know Apple is the hottest thing going. Amazing.