or Connect

Posts by 9secondko

I don't really get the name, other than Jonah was used of God to (reluctantly) bring a whole nation (Ninevah) to repent just by telling them they were "goin' down" in forty days. Maybe Yonah is giving a message the other manufacturers that they are "going down". Maybe Yonah is the ultimate in CPUs. Intel was once the best. They may very well be again. Who knows. As it is, I thought Apple was dead 5 years ago. Then they come up with OSX and iPod and they are the...
Look, all of the news for the past two weeks points to an Apple/Intel partnership. it is common knowledge that the Microsoft/Intle partnership has gone south and MS is looking like jumping on the IBM bandwagon-actualy even going so far as endorsing AMD over Intel for Windows 64. Intel is smarting and Apple is smarting from IBMs decisionto favor the game consoles as they will surely bring in more revenue since combine, they will sell around 200 million units in 5...
Yep, in develpment for years by brilliant Israeli engineers. It will probably be Intels best ever CPU. It was planned to be dual core before dual core was popular. If this is the Intel announcement. it would be fine. Something just doesnt seem right with Apple havign anythign o do with X86. Intel, yes. X86, no. The main intriguing part is that the CPU will be so small and we all know haow Apple likes to have those sleek laptops.
Dude, please return to your normal, intelligent sounding self... SOON! The fake cursing kind of ruins the AI experience. It almost sounds like someone stole your password for a few days and is pretending to be you. Normally, you sound very educated.
THAT has got to be illegal. It is a Mac Mini with an ugly button and logo in front and dents from a meat tenderizer on top. Seriously, this is just as bad as the Luxpro thing. Apple should be well compensated for this. Unless... it just so happens to tie in with the Apple/Intel rumors. NOOooo!! Please no...
People! Intel does NOT equal X86. intel is very good at fabbing processors and they are very very efficient at it. Apple will not be using a P4. It will more likely be something along the lines of Itanium (which, contrary to uneducated opinion, is a VERY good CPU, but with very litte software support). In fact, I would say that it would be an all-new chip. Either that, or intel is merely a sub-contractor who fabs for IBM. Whoa! that would be...
The average American did not know "Playstation" or "iPod" a few years ago. What people know is nothing. It is what gets them interested that matters. In that case high end = Mac. Low end = Dell. Even with high end stuff, Dell is low end image.
Have the game. Played it on my P4 PC. Great game. The best I have played. The ending really could have been better. But I guess its purpose was to make you want HL3. In that case: mission accomplished. Steam really stinks. But this is how Valve makes money and ensures control. It would be great to have this game on a Mac, but it would require a G5 and a high end GPU. Cannot wait for OpenGL 2.0
Apple will never use x86 architecture. Apple likes to have superchips for CPUs. Pentium will not be it. The only way an Intel manufactured CPU would be the heart of a Mac is if Apple contracts Intel out as a fab manufacturer but built to IBMs PPC specs. As a fabrication factory Intel is unmatched. engineering is another story as IBM blows them away and even AMD seems to be ahead. But in terms of sheer production, Intel in a monster and Apple could be wise to utilize...
I see Apple offering a choice of colors with the iMac and the iBook, with the mini staying the same and the Pro series (including monitors) being offered in a choice of silver or black metal. if any choice is going to be given, this is probably the way it will be. Otherwise, I do not see colors changing at all. Silver is the most popular tech color and white is all the rage right now and for the forseeable future. The next Pro revisions I hope stays all aluminum silver,...