or Connect

Posts by 9secondko

Actually, a 2 GHZ G5 is more like a 2 GHZ Pentium M. And the 2 GHZ Pentium M has been proven to be a match for a P4 at 3.6 GHZ. Only the 3.8 P4 is slightly faster. A 1.6 G5 would get smoked by a Pentium M. Even the original bottom end Powermac 1.6 left much to be desired. The key to the 970 was that it could clock high. Yes, it is efficient like Athlon 64 and close to Pentium M, but not quite. The fact is a 2.1 GHZ Pentium M our NOW (not to mention what will be available...
The low powre G5 is a face save for IBM. very last minute. They just handicapped a 970 FX to get the power down. sure, it consumes watts just a little less efficienct than Centrino, but then angain, the Centrino is just as fast, clock for clock as the G5. Add to that the fact that 2.1 GHZ Centrinos are out NOW and the idea of a mobile G5 just looks terrible - especially considering that the next G4 may outperform it on average. Low Power consumation, but low power output...
Whoever said MHZ is everything? The fact is that a 2 GHZ chip will handily outperform a 1.6 GHZ chip of the same architecture. MHZ mythology aside, that is simply a fact. Get over it. 2 GHZ is greate than 1.6. Fact. Not myth. Remember, we are speaking of the SAME chip, not differing architectures. And the differing archtitectures Intel is providing are more efficient for mobile applications. A 1.6 G5 notebook is underpowered now. Especially for Apples...
Um, in the case of the G5, it is already common knowledge that the AMD Athlon 64 keeps up very well and the Pentium M destroys the G4. The G5 does better than G4 at many things, but requires at least a certain amount of clock speed to be effective. I would say 1.8 at minimum (yes, I am aware of the Powermacs low end debut at 1.6 and that was quite a shame in the benchmarks wasn't it?). A current 2.1 GHz Pentium M would probably outperform it. I hate to say this as I have...
No wonder Apple went with Intel. Yonah looks to be far more powerful than a "mobile G5" And the dual core deal is not as impressive as AMDs offering. Shame. I'm all for a 1.6 GHZ G5 Powerbook, but, wow. We should have gotten at least 2 GHZ in a mobile chip by now. I am really glad about the decision now. I was skeptical earlier.
Yes, Mayweather did indeed fight a superb fight. My heart was pulling for Gatti, but it ended as I knew it would. I just wish pbf would mature a little in terms of sportsmanship. he is a great fighter, and I do not use that term loosely.
http://macdailynews.com/index.php/we...ruses_malware/ Pretty interesting.
Hmmm... Did not know this but- Digitimes has revealed that Yonah, Intels forhtocming dual core mobile cpu is called the "X" series. Sounds interesting. http://www.digitimes.com/mobos/a20050609A2006.html Powerbook X50. That has a decent ring to it.
Tyson just lost to a guy who was beat down 4 times. Once by a guy who had lost 17 of his previous fights. Tyson quit in the 6th. He was amazing early on. Now, he is just an old man. So sad.
X86 always had life ahead of it. It was the Netburst architecture that was the folly. Opterons and the new Xeons beat the G5 pretty well at numerous tests. Anandtech just did an expose showing how bad the reality is here. X86 is good when executed well (ie: Opteron, Xeon, Pentium M) The future has never looked so bright for Apple. I was worried at first, because of the impact the transition could have, but after calming down and thinking a while, this is the...