or Connect

Posts by 9secondko

Hello, I just recieved Leopard for Christmas and I love it. However, one issue annoys me to no end: In Tiger, if I wanted to go to a web address that ends in ".com" all I had to do was type the domain name. No typing "www" at the beginning or ".com" at the end. This was enabled by default. After performing a clean (erase and install) install of Leopard, it appears that feature is gone. I cannot find it in Preferences. Can someone help me how to reinstate this...
excellent post
oookay... that must be some kool aid... I have used a Zune as well. felt cheap as can be. The screen blurs when it transitions and it is plain ugly. not to mention the Zunepad? Dude, what in the world?!? That thing only exists because MS would get sued trying to copy the scrollwheel. to each his own I guess, but you are the only person in the world who would buy an iPod and then miss the clunky pad on the ms product. Every time I used it, I thought it was going to break...
The Amazon list is not the way to tell what product is doing so well. For some, it is. for any Apple products, it is not. First, most iPods are sold directly from the Apple Store. Then, there is Best Buy, Circuit City, Comp USA, Wal-Mart, etc. So, the Zune being high on the amazon list is seriously not even news. With the iPod so high on the list and redundantly so, it is news because that is IN ADDITION to the droves being sold by Apple direct.
Jay Z and Dupri are being ridiculous. Trying to say the individual songs must be purchased as an album is ridiculous. Some songs will be good and some will totally stink. that is why "the industry" sold singles of popular songs for so long. Apple takes the concept and makes it the best thing for THE CONSUMER! Wow! Novel! Now vivendi and one individual artist want to make things go back to the confusing and consumer beware no mans land that it was before. Hey...
Check it out. Very good article actually. Even though there have been upgrade niggles, the OS is truly a masterpiece. http://weblog.infoworld.com/editor/a...d_lands_a.html edit: i still would like more UI consistency ; )
Ha! Basically, Intel took a Powerbook, made it black on top and uglified slightly and loaded vista. the machine also exists in only prototype form and was first shown in 2005! It is one thing to mock up a nice looking really thin laptop and quite another to manufacture working units. The current Macbook Pro / Powerbook design is so good, I cannot see anything being better. Certainly nothing the PC world has come up with comes close. CNet is even now putting out an article...
Someone at AI needs to get his IP and report him to the authorities. Stinking criminal. How brazen to even post that here!
ugh, please no. that looks so cheap compared to the current model. That looks like Toshiba. the MBP needs something really special to update it. Not this by far. the Macbook pro should look professional.
I actually like the look of Leopard. The semitransparent Menu Bar looks like just the right combo of eye candy and function to be next gen. The Dock has really grown on me as well and the metal platinum look is much more pleasing than I though it would be and better than it looks like in pictures. There are really two main issues that now need to be addressed:1) the mishmash of Platinum and Aqua. A couple apps have new iTunesesque sliders and scroll bars while the rest has...