or Connect

Posts by 9secondko

Oh man! I seriously can't wait for Mac OS X 10.6 "BATTLECAT!" the ultimate in cat code names... "I have the power!"
How do you get the APPS folder to the dock? When I try it, I get the smoke icon that threatens to delete the folder. I would love to have the apps folder on the Dock.
Well I hope they had time to squeeze in some UI polish and more consistency (either eliminate Aqua or alter it so that it fits with the platinum theme - or better yet, insert a true worthy successor to Aqua instead of the bland iTunes theme) before the software gets mass manufactured on DVD.
Leopard finalized and released to manufacturing. Oh boy. Let's hope that some as of yet undisclosed user interface polish has secretly been put into the OS. The edition that is available to developers needs work. (Although it would seem logical that what we have seen is what we will get as Apple has put resources already into their website with the video spotlights on the Leopard UI and apps.) I just hope that this being Apple, they have a pleasant surprise or...
Of course XP SP2 is free. It is a stinking bug fix! The day you have to pay for that is the day you don't need a computer.
I agree. Aqua looks great. and the glossy aspect is what really gives it some pop. The itunes look is decent, but it can almost be seen as a backward step. Sure, it looks more mature, but not necessarily better. Apple can do better and they should. There should be some aspects that are glossy in leopard that are in keeping with the new theme, but not simply the old buttons and scrollbars. I also like how the button you are supposed to press pulses waiting for your input....
I agree. And the level of design and polish given to the iPhone is conspicuously missing from Leopard, which resembles a warmed over Tiger, but given the iTunes look which is decent but not all that. We should all be hoping that Apple has something worthy of a new OS GUI theme in place ready to be revealed at the end of the month. Ireland is right, the aqua mixed with platinum looks sloppy, unifinished, and inexcuseable. I appreciate this thread and what it is trying to...
The whole interface looks unfinished to me. The itunes look is good, but not great. i like the look in the iLife apps, but again, it isn't anything to shout about like Aqua was. but that's fine. We don't need any cray changes at this point. i do agree that Aqua does not look like it fits with the platinum look that Apple is giving leopard. I am thinking that perhaps the rumored announcements may have something to do with leopard and will show previously...
the mockup looks like good work, but it does not look like an apple product. sure it looks like a macbook pro/ imac/ new keyboard all melded, but that is what HP and toshiba are doing nowadays. it looks a little busy and doesn't have the class the current MBP does. it will be awfully hard to top the current design, but when apple finally does it, I expect it will be something really special, much like the first PB aluminum was.
Apple had t change the menu system to avoid paying patent royalties to Creative, who somehow won a lawsuit about this. The new menu is smart, but there won't be an option to return to the previous menu system ever - due to aforementioned royalites.