or Connect

Posts by 9secondko

I attended the launch event Friday. The line was very long and there was a lot of excitement. the Apple store was very "cool" and the emplyees very freindly,yet aloof enough that they did not bother me. Tiger is impressive. The speed at which the internet surfing went and the opening and closing of programs, to the execution of dashboard and the spotlight search feature to iChat AV. VERY impressive. I did not see a Steve Jobs videoconference, just lots of copies of...
Yeah. Ilike how the Athlons were all set up with RAID and 256 MB of RAM, while the G5s were all standard single drive and 128 MB of RAM. Pretty poor excuse for a true comparison. If they are trying to see CPU power, they would use similar configs for the PCs. It is only to prove a bias. At the bottom of the page, they note that they retested the Alienware to be more fair without raid and with 128 MB. The G5 comes up about even with the PC-centric software.
I could almost see a legitmate lawsuit if Apple renamed the company "Tiger", but they did not. They named a peice of software. There is no merit here. This is just ridiculous. Tiger is the name of a big cat. If you company is named that, then fine, others should not be allowed to distract. However, a company PRODUCT is something different entirely. I am going to patent "Lion" so that I will make the bucks when it comes out and sue Apple too.
It goes like this. Apple currently has both better hardware (excluding portable machines...*sigh*)and software than PC vendors. The end. The G5 is a monster. It is why Microsoft dumped Intel in favor of PowerPC for the xbox successor and why Nintendo is also using IBM as well as PPC being the heart and soul of the cell processor. The G5 is at the very LEAST even with the best AMD has to offer clock for clock (better now with a higher clock than AMDs highest) and...
Intel has a four cylinder engine that makes decent horsepower at high rpm. IBM has a v8 that makes thunderous horsepower using lower rpm. IBM is (and has been) here to stay.
Paul's dreaming again. Apple is better off with IBM. Right now, 2.7 GHZ is faster than any AMD CPU and real world performance trounces Intel. 2.5 was on par. 2.7 has got to be superior. I hope barefeats is quick with a review. So far, the 2.5 G5 comes up even with the best from wintel and amd. A move to Intel would be a backwards step. Even a move to AMD would be, but AMD is better than Intel at this point. Microsoft will be getting 3.5 GHZ multicore PPCs from...
I think we will see G5s in iBooks sooner than later. The Powerbooks should be first, then the iBook, or simultaneous (although unlikely). If the iBook gets a 13" and a 15.4", then there will be room for a low power 970 GX. Powerbooks will have either a single or dual core version of this CPU. With the iBook as thick as it is and with slightly increase width, would accomadate something like the GX. The truth is, even the iBook as a budget laptop is underpowered right...
Sony ( and others ) just bought MGM and UA. As part of the deal , they get the whole 4000+ library. That is huge. http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movi...eut/index.html Sounds like Blu Ray is definitely going to be the format winner. In any case, what do y'all think this does in terms of a future video iPod and correspnding download store? It is going to be a tough battle . Here's hoping that Apple already has a partnership deal with Sony.
http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews...08_105236.html http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20050408A1001.html Apple will be using Quanta instead of Asus for the new iBook model. A 15.4 inch iBook coming in 2006 from Asus. The Quanta iBook not to be expected until 4th quarter of 2005
http://money.cnn.com/2005/03/31/tech...ales/index.htm GBA, SP, and DS all sold out initially. Even without holiday releases (exception: DS). PSP did not. And this is even though there are so few of them to begin with. Endo of story. The PSP is a great handheld gaming device. But it is also a gadget. And the quality is poor. I think it looks pretty cool and the graphics are good, but the UMD thing is not so cool. And as for movies, it is DOA. sure, Sony will support...