or Connect

Posts by 9secondko

An interestign article on IGN has Ms specs that seem to be far superior to PS3, which is very revealing. That is until you realize that the whole article is a Microsoft PR-saving tactic that is actually a cut and paste MS email to IGN. Seriously! They even have a disclaimer at the top of the article. MS got whooped at E3 by Sony. Nintnedo showed nothing other than the look of the new console. It seems that Ms has made a big mistake going so early. I suspect...
Which MS would not have unless it stole Apples designs.
At E3, the MS guy even said the 360 is very "iPod-Like". That says it all for me. Doesn't matter anymore. The PS3 looks better (although a little "bubbly") and the Revolution looks awesome. Sleek and clean. The 360 kind of looks like a joke now.
The desing is white like the iPod. It uses PowerPC. It is also slated to have its own music player built in that can pop out. MS is trying to ride Apples success much like they did with Win95. Even the xbox360.com web site has a very osx like dock on the bottom right hand side. The 360 even has PowerMac syle drill holes. at this web site (http://www.gamespot.com/features/6124293/p-2.html) they note that Ms had collaborated with two design firms to get th look....
If you will read the following quaote from the post this thread started with, you will notice that I was hoping for a G5 in a Powrebook at the same time as the iBook. The Powerbook would be dual-core G5, while the consumer machines would be single."I'd say the consumer level goes to single G5 across the board, while Pro series goes to multi-core G5-quad for the PowerMac and dual for the PowerBook. And the Mini can bump up to 1.67 ghz G4 to keep prices low and Freescale in...
What if WWDC saw a monumental, unprecedented rollout of new Powermacs, Powerbooks, and ibooks? Do you think it is possible? Will it happen? probably not. But Apple has done unprecedented things before. They fiddle with sticking to Tuesdays for hardware releases, they have updated powerbooks and powermacs almost right after updating them already. And, well, Tiger is out and the competition is at dual core. What if Apple release New Powermacs with quad-core, new...
Actually, Anandtech recently reviewed both and came out with the idea that Apples monitor is superior to Dell and the tests show that Dell greatly exaggerate their specs to try to sound better than Apple. The reality is that both companies use the exact same panel, but some other internal circuitry is left to to Apple and Dell. That is where Apple takes the lead. Also, for some reason the Apple is brighter and attained greater color clarity after tuning-it was not as...
It could possible have something to do with me not seeing that thread in existence before I posted this (in the wrong forum too. I figured "Applications" would be the right one. Oh well). In any case, I guess you have nothing to say other than to criticize this thread. I thought i was a good point, but if no one has anything worthwhile to say, it is fine with me if this thread heads into oblivion.
the current version is good. I think the real reason is to block (again) Real's hacker tactics with (dis)harmony. Real is doing this to entice iPod owners witht he free song deal. I hope everyone goes and gets the free osngs while they can and then goes back to iTunes, never to visit Real again when songs cost money. That way, Real will lose a ton of money and hopefully learn a lesson. I am surprised that they have not been ordered to pay Apple a hefty fine.
I attended the launch event Friday. The line was very long and there was a lot of excitement. the Apple store was very "cool" and the emplyees very freindly,yet aloof enough that they did not bother me. Tiger is impressive. The speed at which the internet surfing went and the opening and closing of programs, to the execution of dashboard and the spotlight search feature to iChat AV. VERY impressive. I did not see a Steve Jobs videoconference, just lots of copies of...