or Connect

Posts by 9secondko

The average American did not know "Playstation" or "iPod" a few years ago. What people know is nothing. It is what gets them interested that matters. In that case high end = Mac. Low end = Dell. Even with high end stuff, Dell is low end image.
Have the game. Played it on my P4 PC. Great game. The best I have played. The ending really could have been better. But I guess its purpose was to make you want HL3. In that case: mission accomplished. Steam really stinks. But this is how Valve makes money and ensures control. It would be great to have this game on a Mac, but it would require a G5 and a high end GPU. Cannot wait for OpenGL 2.0
Apple will never use x86 architecture. Apple likes to have superchips for CPUs. Pentium will not be it. The only way an Intel manufactured CPU would be the heart of a Mac is if Apple contracts Intel out as a fab manufacturer but built to IBMs PPC specs. As a fabrication factory Intel is unmatched. engineering is another story as IBM blows them away and even AMD seems to be ahead. But in terms of sheer production, Intel in a monster and Apple could be wise to utilize...
I see Apple offering a choice of colors with the iMac and the iBook, with the mini staying the same and the Pro series (including monitors) being offered in a choice of silver or black metal. if any choice is going to be given, this is probably the way it will be. Otherwise, I do not see colors changing at all. Silver is the most popular tech color and white is all the rage right now and for the forseeable future. The next Pro revisions I hope stays all aluminum silver,...
Itanium technology. This would be killer. Forget the Pentium stuff. IT is laughable compare the Athlon 64 and G5 right now. Apple likes the high end CPU deals. Designed from the ground up to be a 64 bit monster. Almost no software support nearly killed it. If Apple were to use it, performance would be very good. Along the lines of high end IBM tech. Other than that, please stay away from Intel. What a backwards step that would be. A deal with AMD would be...
An interestign article on IGN has Ms specs that seem to be far superior to PS3, which is very revealing. That is until you realize that the whole article is a Microsoft PR-saving tactic that is actually a cut and paste MS email to IGN. Seriously! They even have a disclaimer at the top of the article. MS got whooped at E3 by Sony. Nintnedo showed nothing other than the look of the new console. It seems that Ms has made a big mistake going so early. I suspect...
Which MS would not have unless it stole Apples designs.
At E3, the MS guy even said the 360 is very "iPod-Like". That says it all for me. Doesn't matter anymore. The PS3 looks better (although a little "bubbly") and the Revolution looks awesome. Sleek and clean. The 360 kind of looks like a joke now.
The desing is white like the iPod. It uses PowerPC. It is also slated to have its own music player built in that can pop out. MS is trying to ride Apples success much like they did with Win95. Even the xbox360.com web site has a very osx like dock on the bottom right hand side. The 360 even has PowerMac syle drill holes. at this web site (http://www.gamespot.com/features/6124293/p-2.html) they note that Ms had collaborated with two design firms to get th look....
If you will read the following quaote from the post this thread started with, you will notice that I was hoping for a G5 in a Powrebook at the same time as the iBook. The Powerbook would be dual-core G5, while the consumer machines would be single."I'd say the consumer level goes to single G5 across the board, while Pro series goes to multi-core G5-quad for the PowerMac and dual for the PowerBook. And the Mini can bump up to 1.67 ghz G4 to keep prices low and Freescale in...