or Connect

Posts by 9secondko

So...   Apple makes a change to their payment system. One Apple's products. Running Apple software. Using Apple servers.   And the DOJ says Apple needs to like Amazon more. That's what it amounts to.    Heck, maybe the DOJ needs to... you know... actually be just and fair and make Amazon have iTunes available on Kindles.    No excuses.  iTunes is available on Mac and PC. Easily done on Kindle.   That's really the only monopolistic, anticompetitive...
    LOL.  No.  The man is a project manager.  Not a CEO.   Too many problems hiring someone like him.   1) People factor. He doesn't work well with others.  He needs to be seen as the only person that "really matters." that is going to conflict with a lot of folks at MS, who will likely not be thrilled with the guy. Especially someone who wants all the credit for success and won't accept blame for the failures.   2) Loyalty factor.  Forstall looked out for himself.  not...
In other news, MSFT is up 2 bucks after this announcement...   LOL   Mr. Elop of Nokia is probably next to go.
Steve Jobs DEFINED Apple.   Then Apple tanked under the helm of a soda salesman.   Then, he REDEFINED Apple.   Then leadership was handed to a proven leader and supply chain master and apple sold more than ever.   Time Cook REFINES Apple.   The last thing Apple needed was another "rock star" CEO.  they needed a corporate genius who loves, respects, and thoroughly represents the inherent DNA set in place. not only that, but it seems he carries that DNA...
I don't know about this. I would expect the "iPhone" font to be the new Helvetica Ultralight (although it may be close enough since the plastic case shows Helvetica Light font) featured prominently within the new OS. But who know. The lack of any FCC verbiage is interesting as well. I thought at first perhaps they didn't have approval yet, but need to manufacture the cases well ahead of time and would engrave the numbers later, but that just seems inefficient. On one...
The problems abound. Poole wanted a docudrama on Steve jobs. With a healthy helping of apple legend. But that's not what this was. This was Ashton kutcher trying to be more than he is. Jobs was a legend. A very serious man, passionate about perfection. Kutcher is a buffoon. He was the perfectly wrong choice for this film. And the single biggest reason for its failure. He might do well in some genres, but not this. He may have done a decent job acting like Steve, but...
ThatThat was very obviously a typo.Since the context was a 17" laptop. That's the size hoped for in a new retina version.But thanks for your zeal in building a case based on a typo, regardless of the context that so easily reveals that.That was... Entertaining.Back to the original point, I seriously doubt the 17" didn't sell enough.It's what I've seen most of at Barnes and noble, Starbucks, my contemporaries from other organizations, etc.Retina screens were new. And...
It won't be convex. That's stupid. It will be concave or flat. But Apples already become expert at manipulating sapphire with the camera lenses. A home button is a possibility. There is already plenty of room to work with.
Count me in the Pro 17" camp. I had a 17" (techinally still have) and was forced into a 15" retina. The resolution on retina is astounding but I can't help but miss the physical real estate of the 17". It's the perfect laptop screen size. I thought they didn't update the 17" due to the newness of retina displays and had to wait for the price to come down. The 17" version would be expensive at the time. But now, there will likely be 27" iMac retina displays. So a 27"...
So one day I went to the Appleinsider forums to read up on any rumors or speculation concerning new Macbook Pros or the upcoming Mac Pro.   So I checked out the "FUTURE APPLE HARDWARE" forum.   You know what I found at the top of the list?   A Post from AI about a Samsung watch...         What. the. heck.